Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:31 am

Why do you think I did that against her specifically? *smiles* Good to see you again, by the way.

In all fairness, milady, that stunt was pre-meditated with me on his way in. It's not a big deal. :mrgreen:
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:31 pm

Of course... *Circe sighs.* Well, whatever. Go ahead and come in. We have those drinks you asked for ready at the bar, unless you wanted to talk somewhere else?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Sounds like a plan. Lead the way.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:05 am

*Circe nods and leads Eunice to one of the manor's smaller dining areas, one with its own bar and bartender. Circe takes a seat at one of the bar stools and invites Eunice to do the same.* So, what brings you out here?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:30 pm

*sits down and accepts some ale from the bartender* Well, part of it's because I finished what I intended to do back in my universe-of-call. I helped out the Rebel Alliance as much as I could, Vader and Palpatine are both pushing up daisies, and I tied up some loose ends over there that should hopefully change the course of the galaxy forever.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:37 am

I see... Sounds like you've been keeping busy. *Circe considers ordering a drink as well, but opts not to for the moment.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:59 am

And the other part of it... *chuckles weakly* ...well, it's because when someone leaves the Muffinverse...

*Eunice summons a fistful of cold water out of thin air, then douses himself in the face with it. The change is... instantaneous.*

...it doesn't let you leave until it's good and ready.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:37 pm

...I see. That certainly is quite a look. A cursed spring, I'm guessing? *Circe looks Eunice up and down.* I can't imagine you get much fighting done like that...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:56 am

*self-consciously pats down one of the sleeves on her materialized kimono* Yeah, it pretty much kills off half of my skill-set. I can still use the Force just fine, but any high-tier swordmanship is out of the question, and Kittenoan superspeed is non-existent. This wouldn't have been so unusual if it hadn't happened on the Star Wars side of reality.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm

Wait, you mean you got cursed there? I wouldn't have thought they'd have springs like that in a galaxy far, far away... Is this what you came here to show me?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Yeah. *sips some ale*

See, I turned up back home after the 1st Death Star was destroyed, while the Alliance was trying to get away from the Empire in the immediate aftermath. I wanted to see if I could throw the timeline out of whack by finding someplace other than Hoth for us to set up shop. So, I got permission from the Alliance's leadership to go on and scout around and see what I could find.

I found this nice little planet out in the middle of nowhere. Earth-like atmosphere, fairly hilly but otherwise the same general landscape. No sign of the Empire to be found anywhere. I went ahead, landed my fighter, and hopped out for a closer look.

Thirty seconds later I almost tripped over someone who could've been you, if you'd somehow managed to fuse with a wolf and a fire golem. She'd heard my fighter land and got curious enough to investigate.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:21 pm

*Circe nods.* I see. I wonder if that was some "alternate universe" version of me. It wouldn't be the first one... So, what then? Did this fire wolf woman have anything to say about you bumping into her?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Well, I tried talking to her, but she seemed to think having any sort of conversation was a novelty at all. Definitely a surprise to her. Eventually I found out that she used to be part of the planet's resident wildlife up until an undetermined time ago. She said she'd been drinking at a nearby river peacefully, then ended up at ground zero of this ridiculously blue flash of light. Next thing she knew, she was a human-wolf-fire golem thing, pulling herself out of a pool and struggling to breathe.

I didn't like how that sounded, so I decided to further investigate the area and see for myself what was there.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Blue water, huh? Wonder if it has anything to do with that lake... *Circe taps on the bar.* ...Or maybe I'm making connections that don't exist, I don't know. Just forget that for now. What did you find when you looked there?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:25 pm

A massive collection of pools saturated with Color energies of all types, shielded from overhead view by the forest canopy. It was basically an unholy mix of the types of TFs that both Villes were known for. Walking into the general area, the impression I was getting through the Force was that I'd somehow gotten scars on my brain, and someone was pouring alcohol on the wounds. *drinks some more and chuckles weakly* Present actions notwithstanding.

I tended to get the same feeling around you in the years prior to my departure, considering you had both a
Colored base form and a puma curse. In this case, though, yours is a 1 compared to the 10 of what I was seeing down there.

((OOC: It's weird. I've been feeling very tired today, and I didn't really have much trouble thinking this up. Compare that to yesterday, when I was awake and had trouble thinking straight. ()^_^ ))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse