Nature Takes Its Course

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Nature Takes Its Course

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 pm

*shudders* For the love of me, let's please not mention purple. WHY did someone like him have to exist?

Ellen: *closes her eyes for a moment* ...That is a secret.

*facepalms* Grrrgggaahhh...
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Eh, he isn't that bad. I just wish he would learn not to set my hair on fire. It is irritating. Admittedly, I like that better than Black Dragon turning my houses into cardboard boxes.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Sounds like a story. *ears waver intermittently* Didn't he eventually change his name to Snow Dragon before leaving, or something like that?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:40 am

I think so. If not someone with that name was around for awhile.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:16 pm

Figured as much, and... *looks around* ...wow, this place is looking incredibly dead.

Ellen: *curious* ... This place looks normal to me.

Well, if you're not seeing it, that probably means there's supposed to be sensor-breaking levels of Blue here. To me, this place looks desolate. Plain and simple.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:13 pm

You going to be alright?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:13 pm

*Acutus stoops down and retrieves something from one of her ankleguards, unfolding it into what looks like a portable scanner. She sweeps the area with it as she replies.*

I will be as soon as I can figure out exactly why Viridi decided to Reset Bomb this place. I mean, it's obvious there used to be a gigantic source of Blue here, but what exactly?

Ellen: ...One of the Shards, maybe?

*frowns* I don't buy that. Those are extradimensional in nature, correct? Sure, Viridi's the Goddess of Nature and everything, but I was under the impression that didn't effect things like pocket dimensions.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:10 pm

Perhaps something of a greater threat was here and she nuked the place. Something that was absorbing the shard or what not. Want me to review the past here?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 am

Sure, whatever solves this little mystery.

Ellen: ...I'm not convinced that it wasn't one of the Shards. The grapevine has it that she was trying to develop something capable of destroying them.

*shakes her head* I'm telling you, that doesn't make sense.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 pm

I'll set it so it will play out where you can see it too. *Snaps a finger and a bit of energy sweeps over the area and begins to reconstruct events in reverse of their occurrence displaying them in a manor not unlike holograms.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 pm

I'm assuming that thing's set on 'fast forward'? I don't want to be stuck here all day.

Ellen: ...That reminds me: Oblivion Labs recently created the world's most powerful adhesive---

*growls irritably* Oh my me, be quiet.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:57 pm

*Quirks an eyebrow at Acutus.* Naturally. Well more like on rapid rewind toward the start of the incident and then it'll play back at whatever pace I want it to. *The display plays backwards through time until it reaches the point that this area what looking like it should have and then starts to progress forward at normal speed at first so they can see what immediately happened.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:46 am

((OOC: Yeah, I know no one's really paying attention to this thread anymore, but I think wrapping this up has been a long time coming.))

*From what the display shows, there used to be a massive jagged, crystalline tear in reality here, leading to some sort of extra-dimensional area. This area, as well as the acreage immediately surrounding the portal, are absolutely rife with Blue energy, be they particles or cocomelons. This is the domain of Catastrophe, or at least it used to be before she vanished in years past.*

*eyes widen* Oh, don't tell me...

*Up in the sky above, a faint sparkle can be seen. It grows bigger, brighter... blazing from the heat of friction and atmospheric entry. It seems like some sort of missile, but it looks too large and bulky to be standard issue. It seems to be... incredibly bio-organic?*

Ellen: *sighs* ...Eeeeyup. Called it with a payphone.

*As soon as the 'missile' reaches the outer edge of the Blue Shard, it detonates, filling the display with a searing bright light that forces Ellen and Acutus to avert their eyes. When the light fades shortly thereafter, there is nothing to be seen but plants, trees, grass, thorn bushes and brambles. All traces of Blue energy still in the area start to die off, and any cocomelons follow suit. The Shard, or at the very least the only known way in, has been pulverized.*

*stunned, arms hanging limp* She did it. She actually did it. I didn't think she could! Those places aren't even supposed to be directly part of reality!

Ellen: *shrugs* ...She is the Goddess of Nature. She is the world itself. People have the mistaken notion that this world is young, believing they can do whatever they want to it. She knows better. And considering you were born on this world in-between the old and the new, so do you. Make no mistake about it: she is taking back what is hers.

*whirls around and yanks Ellen off her feet, pulling her up to eye-level* SHE RESET-BOMBED THE BLUE SHARD OUT OF EXISTENCE!

Ellen: *thoroughly unmoved by Acutus's fear* ...And you're going somewhere with this?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Ahem... you weren't going to hurt Ellen were you? If it is that big a deal we can always recreate a blue shard. *A few rather nasty looking blades have formed around Acutus that all seem to be dripping with some nasty seeming fluids judging by how the drops of it that touch the ground kill the plants.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Ellen: ...Pretty sure if she wanted to hurt me, godpapa, she would've tried to kill Mom and Callista first. And given her infatuation with the latter, that's just not happening. Put the weapons away, please.

*For her part, Acutus is caught up enough in her fear that she scarcely even notices the blades, though she does lower Ellen back down.*

Ellen: ...Now that I think about it... I doubt the absence of the Shard is going to have a great effect on the Color levels in Muffinville. There's no shortage of Blue there, and no shortage of that fruit either. And that's without getting into the greenhouse at Circe's Manor. ...I need a second opinion on this, godpapa: considering that Acutus was practically saturated in Blue all her life, and has full control of it, could she conceivably be a walking Shard in her own right?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse