An (Obvious) Transformatory Trap

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

An (Obvious) Transformatory Trap

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:28 pm

A piece of paper flutters down from the top of a building, eventually landing in the middle of a narrow sidewalk. Possessed with some kind of ability to move on its own, it folds itself deep into a crack, and then a moment later a wooden sign suddenly sprouts itself up out of that crack.
On each side of the wooden sign is painted in black the words: "Speak some nouns to me to experience change."

((It just feels like for-EV-er since I just "wrote some transformations happening for people". So...making an attempt.))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: An (Obvious) Transformatory Trap

Postby Ookalf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

*Not long after, Ookalf wanders by and spots the sign.* "Speak some nouns," huh... *Ookalf thinks about it for a moment, then shrugs.* Sure, why not? Seems simple enough. Let's see, um, "car," "hat," "flower..." How many words does this thing want, anyway?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 pm

He wanders up to watch, quitely at first then gets bored and starts tapping his foot.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:07 pm

When Ookalf says "car", the sign makes a sound like a car failing to be cranked--or maybe that was just a noise on the road? But when he says "hat", a black beanie with horn decorations pops up from the top of it into the air as if caught on the wind, and then with his next word a bright red flower does the same thing. The newly-spawned objects flutter down, the hat seemingly aiming right at Ookalf's head while the flower seems interested in approaching the robot standing nearby.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 am

Ah, so that's how it works... *Ookalf lets the hat come to him, to see what'll happen.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:00 pm

The hat lands neatly on Ookalf's head, and seems to pull itself down rather snugly.It's kind of tight, and no amount of pulling seems sufficient to quite get it off. Right away his hair starts growing longer, and he has a stray thought of how fun it would be to prank someone...

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 am

Oof... *Ookalf tugs on the hat's horns in an effort to loosen it at least a little. As far as pranks go, well, why not? They can be fun once in a while...*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:When Ookalf says "car", the sign makes a sound like a car failing to be cranked--or maybe that was just a noise on the road? But when he says "hat", a black beanie with horn decorations pops up from the top of it into the air as if caught on the wind, and then with his next word a bright red flower does the same thing. The newly-spawned objects flutter down, the hat seemingly aiming right at Ookalf's head while the flower seems interested in approaching the robot standing nearby.

He cocks his head and watches the flower with interest pulling out a fan trying to blow it towards Ookalf
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:43 am

With a little adjusting, Ookalf seems to be able to make the hat feel a little more comfortable on his head...or maybe it's because his head got a little bit smaller? His eyes turn yellow, and his hair, already framing his face and starting to touch his shoulders, turns purple. Then the rest of him starts shrinking, becoming smaller and slimmer, while he feels like he's starting to remember some simple, low-level dark magic and some clever, funny uses for those spells.

The flower is blown away briefly by the fan, but seems to flutter up into the air above its reach before arcing back around toward Kether's head. It might be possible to stave it off indefinitely with constant effort, but that seems like a lot of trouble, doesn't it..?

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:With a little adjusting, Ookalf seems to be able to make the hat feel a little more comfortable on his head...or maybe it's because his head got a little bit smaller? His eyes turn yellow, and his hair, already framing his face and starting to touch his shoulders, turns purple. Then the rest of him starts shrinking, becoming smaller and slimmer, while he feels like he's starting to remember some simple, low-level dark magic and some clever, funny uses for those spells.

Mm, much better. *Now that the hat's not so tight, for whatever reason that might be, Ookalf starts to think about the spells he's suddenly learning and grins.* Ooh, magic! I bet there's some fun stuff I can do with that...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:With a little adjusting, Ookalf seems to be able to make the hat feel a little more comfortable on his head...or maybe it's because his head got a little bit smaller? His eyes turn yellow, and his hair, already framing his face and starting to touch his shoulders, turns purple. Then the rest of him starts shrinking, becoming smaller and slimmer, while he feels like he's starting to remember some simple, low-level dark magic and some clever, funny uses for those spells.

The flower is blown away briefly by the fan, but seems to flutter up into the air above its reach before arcing back around toward Kether's head. It might be possible to stave it off indefinitely with constant effort, but that seems like a lot of trouble, doesn't it..?

Moves to just sort of standing there and watching the flower for a bit then
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Ookalf's voice sounds a little higher than usual, and it continues to rise in pitch while his height continues to fall. He gets smaller and scrawnier by the second, his shoulders narrowing, his arms and legs slimming...yet his clothes seem to keep pace, sort of. If anything his shirt seems a little tighter around the waist, though his pants are puffing out quite a bit. The more he thinks on them, the more of those spells he can remember--nothing high-level or conventionally "powerful", but such a wide variety of spells is more than enough to put together into some creative pranks. Indeed, he's starting to feel the dark magic coursing through him, as if it's been there all along. It comes with the sensation of little bat-like wings pushing themselves out from his shoulder blades, and a slim black tail with a spade-shaped end from his lower back--each finding its way through convenient holes somehow already present in his clothes. His hair falls down to the small of his back, now completely changed to soft locks of dark purple, which looks pretty...cute on his diminishing form.

-

Kether may detect a stray bit of foreign programming suggesting that this is much better than putting all that effort in...either way, the flower makes its way to the side of the robot's head and fixes itself across one side of his head. It really doesn't seem like the stem should be able to physically stay there, at least until some light-gray hair suddenly sprouts itself out of his head and around the flower's stem, displaying the flower's petals like a pretty accessory.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:58 pm

He reaches up to touche it getting a sense of what it feels like and where it is.
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:27 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:Ookalf's voice sounds a little higher than usual, and it continues to rise in pitch while his height continues to fall. He gets smaller and scrawnier by the second, his shoulders narrowing, his arms and legs slimming...yet his clothes seem to keep pace, sort of. If anything his shirt seems a little tighter around the waist, though his pants are puffing out quite a bit. The more he thinks on them, the more of those spells he can remember--nothing high-level or conventionally "powerful", but such a wide variety of spells is more than enough to put together into some creative pranks. Indeed, he's starting to feel the dark magic coursing through him, as if it's been there all along. It comes with the sensation of little bat-like wings pushing themselves out from his shoulder blades, and a slim black tail with a spade-shaped end from his lower back--each finding its way through convenient holes somehow already present in his clothes. His hair falls down to the small of his back, now completely changed to soft locks of dark purple, which looks pretty...cute on his diminishing form.

*Ookalf looks over his shoulder at the wings and tail growing in.* Oh, looks like I'm going demon here... Makes sense, I guess. *Ookalf glances over at Kether, wondering if he should try testing these powers on him...*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Hm.. *Manifests next to the sign.* Ehh, alrighty. Nouns it is. Chainsaw, rainbow, moon, crossbow, sickle.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Return to the Muffinverse