Nature Takes Its Course

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Nature Takes Its Course

Postby AmbushCat » Fri May 25, 2018 9:51 pm

((OOC: A little something to tide everyone over until this stupid toothache isn't distracting me via sheer pain anymore, which admittedly may take a few weeks (I'm scheduled to go in for a root canal on June 20th).))

*During the night, what is believed to be a meteor plummets to the ground somewhere outside Muffinville, briefly lighting up the sky for dozens of miles in all directions.*

*The next day, an online article talks about said meteor and where it impacted. Apparently, a spherical jungle of foliage, brambles, vines, and assorted other materials now exists where the meteor had struck. The article speculates that over time, everything that makes up the jungle will deteriorate and fertilize the ground, transforming it into a field of lush greenery. The article does not, however, have any ideas as to what the meteor was, how it came to be or where it came from.*

*Acutus, currently in her standard form and reading the article at a nice little bistro, snarls and curses and shatters the tablet she was using. For whatever reason or another, she seems positively furious.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Nature Takes Its Course

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Tinnng...clink clinkclinkclinkclink clatterclatterclatterclunk. A coin is noisily flipped on a nearby table for one. "Hmm...tails." Sitting there is someone the dragon might recognize. "Malevolence today, wonderful! Maybe I can start a war somewhere..." The eccentric werewolf rubs her palms together, clearly intending to be up to no good. Possibly after finishing the piping hot chocolate on the table next to the coin.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 31, 2018 6:14 pm

((OOC: So, my mom got in contact with the orthodontist and I was able to get that root canal much earlier. Feeling more or less better. :) ))

*snarls at the werewolf* You might end up getting your wish. The Forces of Nature are active, and they've struck somewhere outside of Muffinville proper. Care to help me find out what their target was?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:38 pm

Whatevr takes a looong sip of the hot chocolate before responding. Even though it's still emitting steam, so drinking so much at once without so much as blowing on it should probably be painful. "Well, werewolves are supposed to be nature-lovers, so I'm sure I could make the excuse that fighting against nature is the more chaotic action here. Anyway, it beats sitting in a coffee shop for this whole incarnation."

((I'm glad you're feeling better :) ))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:08 pm

((OOC: Thanks. >^_^< ))

Good. I'll pay for my drink and get a teleport ready, then.

*Acutus gets up and starts to go for her wallet, but flinches back when something cleanly slices her purse open and spills its contents onto the floor. She howls in anger and prepares to level a blast of fire breath at the culprit, but stops completely and stumbles back over her chair when Ellen Harrison enters the bistro proper, putting the playing card she'd thrown back into her shirt sleeve.*

Ellen: ...Count me in as well. You two need a chaperone anyway.

*stands up; speaks venomously* YOU. Shouldn't you be in school or something?

Ellen: ...You're behind the times. School let out for the summer last week.

*Acutus mutters something defamatory in ancient Draconic concerning "school schedules" and "them ending sooner all the time".*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm

"Ooh, does this mean you want me to talk about how literamagic works? I could at least provide a pamphlet or something." Whatevr also produces some kind of pixelated blue doll out of her nebulous inventory; any loose money dropped from the purse starts attracting toward said doll, and she offers it toward Acutus to help recover said change.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:40 pm

*Acutus grumbles, but accepts the help she is given.*

Ellen: ...I have a good magic teacher already. I'm more interested in why the Forces of Nature went nuts, so I'm tagging along with you lot.

*growls* You're sure it's not us who should be looking after you? Last time we met, you needed rescuing something fierce.

Ellen: ...True, but there's a distinct difference between then and now.

And that would be?

*A playing card flashes forth just for a moment, then is returned to Ellen's sleeve. The tip of Acutus's left ear drops to the ground, much to her surprise.*

Ellen: ...I don't need defending anymore.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:37 pm

While the two converse, Whatevr takes the opportunity to take another loooong sip, draining about half of the chocolate still in her cup, and then dump the rest into one of those vacuum-insulated bottles before setting the cup down again. "If you're planning to cut off a dragon part every third sentence then you should probably know I mostly packed self-target spells for healing today. Soo, hopefully your 'good teacher' taught you Repth or something." It seems like she already paid for her own drink, as she heads for the door after saying that.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:41 am

Ellen: ...All that means to me is that I have a long-lasting means of relieving stress.

*idly taps her ear as it reforms in a tiny cloud of Blue particles* Oh my me. You're a vindictive little $&#%@, aren't you?

Ellen: ...My mother's a part-time cat, idiot. What I am is a vindictive little queen. If you're going to the crash site, Whatevr, then I'll see you there.

*Acutus mutters something profane, but obligingly holds one hand above her head and speaks in ancient Draconic. The humanoid dragon gains a cyan-colored tinge to her skin, as does Ellen before the both of them disappear in a flash of light.*

-------

*Dragon and human child re-materialize at the top of a hill, looking down at the crash site. The gigantic jungle sphere seen there is pretty much what was described on the news for the most part, measuring several miles in diameter and criss-crossed every which way with vines, branches, brambles, stones, et cetera.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 pm

"I wouldn't have minded being included in the teleport, y'know." Whatevr's voice comes from behind the two, where she is somehow already standing. "I only get away with doing this right now because the Author thinks it'll be funny to push the bounds of narrative convenience just slightly."

(Back at the coffee shop, witnesses see the werewolf briefly 'hmph' and then walk out the door, but disappear on the way out as if walking behind a pair of nonexistent curtains instead of out onto the street.)

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Ellen: ...The Author has a weird sense of humor. Acutus, I'd like to see your tail for a second.

Pretty sure your godfather would kill me if I did thaaaaaaaAAATTT!!!

*Acutus's statement transitions into a surprised shriek as 2/3rds of her tail is removed from her body by a Five of Clubs. Ellen grabs the removed portion, jumps on it, and coasts down the hill on it.*

*regenerates her tail with a flash of Blue energy before following* Whatevr, I'd like to go on record as saying that I blame you for this.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:39 pm

"You know, if you ever need some quick cash, there's some gourmet restaurants that'll pay through the roof for fresh dragon meat, no questions asked~..." Whatevr pulls out a Hylian-style shield. "I don't even like this game that much but the reference is too obvious to pass up." Then she follows Ellen via shield-surfing down the hill.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Ellen, you know sometimes there are weapons hidden in the tails of dragons. *Raleigh materializes to float alongside her as she slides down the hill.* You might want to check if this one has one.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:09 pm

((OOC: Wow, it's been an age and a half since I've thought about this one.))

Ellen: ...Anything I should be worried about, or is it just something to add to my arsenal?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Probably not. Just offering a helpful observation.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse