Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Goggles nods, her face expressionless as ever. "Good to know. Books and having a place to store them, can be of use for later on. But since they aren't going anyone for now, shall we proceed? Or is there something important about this library you like to note?"

"Dream hopping~?", she looks confused at her feet and hops a few times then midair a hop she disappears again back to Lyra at the kitchen.
The dream-cherry likely came from somewhere in her domain, though just out of some random cheerful violet girl that loved to dream about desserts.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:05 pm

"Not particularly...oh, but Lyra might have quite a bit of what used to be here. We could ask her to make some copies, more than likely." Feeling slightly more positive, Fox moves on. A certain hallway nearby has numerous half-open to closed doors in it, and one door thrown wide open. "This..looks like the guest bedrooms. We had some more permanent guests now and then, including those swords who came to like humanoid form. I think Solange must've gone in there.." she gestures vaguely at the most open of the doors.

Anna sighs after the girl disappears, decides that whatever's going on here is at least probably not another disaster, and pops the cherry in her mouth such that the stem sticks out between her teeth before returning to examining that footage.

Back in the kitchen, Lyra says, "Sorry, I didn't mean to stun you like that earlier. At this point though, I'm surprised you don't gain donut decorations from air molecules bouncing off of your arm."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 pm

"Yes, asking her for the copies sounds like a good idea. There certainly is enough room that needs to be refilled. But shall we continue with the tour?", she says in a neutral tone. And as they enter the hallway, she stands still for a moment, analyzing the doors first. "Say Fox, what are the estimated chances we could get ambushed in a place like this?..."

Little donut-girl lands on her feet after reappearing mid-hop, but looks around a bit perplexed again that she was back in the kitchen, but then remember what why this was by the information she recently obtained.
Looking up to Lyra, her facial expressions made it clear enough, she was having trouble with certain 'big words', "Mol-cules~? Uh, umm... I'm okay, dizzy feeling, is away~"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:39 am

"A place like this..moderate. I suppose if I encountered a bunch of doors like this in an enemy base or something I'd be a little concerned. But you turned the security system off so I don't imagine we have anything to worry about here. A passive trap like the kitchen is harder to 'just turn off', but anything that would actively attack would either be one of those swords--which I think I saw Lyra headed the other way after the last one--or something non-intelligent that obeys the system. And there can't be anyone else here since this place is...rather hard to get to, remember."

"Uh, don't worry about that. Anyway, I'm not too sure what happens if I try to take you somewhere and you're still phasing in and out like that."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:43 pm

"Good to know. So talking about bedrooms, I'm not sure if this body requires any sleep, but I'd like to try out lying on a bed in my non-goggle-form. Preferably I'd like to try out the bed of the heir; since that one is assigned to me. Is the master bedroom connected to here, or somewhere else?", Goggles asks, not really minding that Solange was occupying one of the guest's rooms. It was actually beneficial that she now knew where to find Solange, in cause she wants to talk to her later on.

"Um, want me, to do, bye-bye, to, poof-poof~?", the tiny donut-girl suggests.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:21 pm

"The main bedrooms are not necessarily attached to these, no--they could just as easily be on the opposite side of the house. Of course the control room or Lyra could probably tell us exactly where anything is at this point."

"Hm. Make sure you're here when you do it and not wherever you're poofing to, and it seems like a good idea then," Lyra says.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:43 am

"Is that so? Then should we head back then?", she suggests. Goggles knew she could just ask Wiss to move them around, to whichever spot they'd want to be, but instead, she wanted to take this moment to familiarize herself with the house, even if that required to go the long way at it.

The tiny girl nods and waits for a bit, then poofed away and returned a few seconds later with a small bit of her hair on fire. She raised her hands in the air, and said, "Okay, ready~ Ewwy go, bye bye~!" Then blink curse got transferred into a newly created donut that appeared above her.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:50 pm

"Right, this is sort of a dead end." Fox turns around and starts back the other way, past the library once more.

"Phew, that's a relief. I guess it wouldn't be a huge disaster if you got stuck somewhere else and found new adventures there, but my OCD kicks up when I make a plan and don't follow through on it," says Lyra, holding out a hand as an offer--not a demand--to maybe take the new donut from her.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 pm

And Goggles follows her guide while pondering about something. Eventually, she speaks up, "If you don't mind me asking.. besides 'Feral', did you or well 'Wolf' had any more enemies, that you can recall, that knew about this house? I'm not concerned at all that anyone would be able to break in like we did. But I'd like to know if anyone with old grudges could be waiting out there, at the front door, sometime in the future..."

The tiny donut-girl had no problem with handing over the cursed donut. Her hair was still unnoticeably on fire though.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:05 pm

"Feral had..subordinates. Lieutenants, and so on. Also some indirect allies, and other powers under his control. I think something must have happened to them, but it's past what I can remember. Lyra probably could tell you more about that. Other than them, not many of those I made enemies of had any idea who I even was, much less any way to get to where I live. Besides, if you're worried about an ambush at the door, the door can always be moved or removed from in here."

Lyra gets the donut in one hand, and half-points at the burning hair with the other. "Uh, you've got a little..lemme just..." She decides to try a 'mundane' solution and warps in a small amount of normal water just over where the fire is so gravity will do the rest in making it fall to put out the blaze.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri May 11, 2018 12:40 am

"I see... We should look into that when the time comes. As for moving the door, my knowledge of the city is still far too limited to refer to a decent place to put it", she says then starts to think for a moment, thinking about all the locations she already has seen so far. "The most secure and safest location I can currently think of might be in the dorms of Raleigh's magic school."

And the water pours down on the tiny girl. She reacts a bit surprised and says, "I'm all, wet now~"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Fox nods. "The Mungojerrie is a neutral ground with quite a bit of safety as well. But to put the door in either of those places we'd need the permission of the owner."

"At least you're no longer on fire. I'll lend you a towel or an appropriately-sized hairdryer once we get to my place if you like," says Lyra. "Are you about ready?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 pm

"I'm not familiar with the Mungojerrie, but regardless, one of the reasons why I'd prefer the dorms, would be that I'd be able to come close to my original body much easier that way. But yes, permissions are in order first", she agrees while they continue to walk their way back.

Of course, the tiny donut-girl nods, as it seems her mission in the kitchen was done. "Okay, I'm ready~", she says cheerfully.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Fox nods. "That's pretty understandable..oh!" She pauses, noticing an adjacent hallway, and points to it. There's a door straight across from where they are, and one on the left about halfway down. "That looks like the master bedrooms to me. My old one's straight ahead for you, and the one on the left is the 'Apprentice room', should be more than enough for me."

"Okay! Let's get going." Lyra summons a door appropriately sized for the small girl which physically links to somewhere in her own house, and waits to step through a portal of her own to the same general destination after the taster girl heads in.
((I'm satisfied to leave things at this for the food-tasting girl at the moment if you are.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri May 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Goggles looks at both options and asks, "Would you prefer to have your old bedroom? I know it is now assigned to me now, but I'm only interested in trying out the bed once. You can have the room back if it was customized to your needs."

The tiny donut-girl skips curiously through the portal awaiting her new destination.
(( Yeah, that is fine~ ))
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse