Worms for sale~!!!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Worms for sale~!!!

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Cathy let out a quick sigh, "Okay, I'll get your bag." The catgirl climbs over the counter again and walks over to said table and swipes the bag.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:56 pm

The small bag is quite light, considering the amount of stuff inside of it. Cathy doesn't get stopped or anything by Wham, who had taken a seat at that table; the Oni let her mind wander while watching the bee-girls, to figure out if pink honey would taste any different from regular honey?
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Cathy grinned as she jumped over the counter to rejoin Dan once again, she offered him his bag a moment later. "Here ya go! Easy peasy~"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:39 pm

After leading a few more songs, Jenna waves at the onlookers and says: "Iiiiintroducing the hot new band, Jenna and the Worms~! Or, maybe, uh, The Worms and Jenna? Or maybe a list of everyone in the band's names recited in a randomized order every time? We'll figure it out once we get an agent or something! Anyway, hope you enjoyed our little debut concert! Maybe we'll find somewhere to rest for the night now, I'm getting sleepy."

Ebb introduces herself to the oni-girl, waving gently. "Hiya~! Wham, right? My name's Ebb."
GIgi looks back and forth between the demon girl and Dan quite a few times, and then finally with a confused look says, "You don't like people showing their knees?" (having interpreted what he said to be "oh, knee") "But it's comfier that way!" She waves to her own uncovered knees.
Ding! The victory-shake is already prepared. Whatevr goes and gets it, seeing the immediate danger with the bracelet is probably over, and brings it up to the counter. The shake's precise flavor is...hard to describe. It's not so much a physical flavor as it is that drinking it makes one feel like they achieved whatever their favorite thing to succeed at is. So in Wham's case, it probably feels just like winning a satisfying, challenging battle or whatever. "Dan, does your world of origin have TV Tropes? Or have you ever heard of, 'Dark is Not Evil'?"
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:25 pm

When one of the worm-girls hears Jenna was getting sleepy and assumes it might be bedtime, she yells, "To the pile~~!" And then when the others heard that they repeated saying the same thing, continuing it in a way of a new song and so on while marching towards the market-square~

Dan gratefully takes his bag from Cathy, "Thanks!" Then he proceeds to put the bracelet in the bag before he gets bitten by a certain someone. "See, it's gone now... No need for any biting...", he says still a bit nervous.
He didn't even know how to respond to Gigi, "Huh? What? No.. it isn't that she is wearing a skirt... Don't you see those horns?"
The bee-girls also got interested in everyone playing behind the counter and skipped along to see what was going on there, still slurping their milkshakes.

Wham smiles back at Ebb and leans forward to pat her on the head. "Ebb is very cute, pat-pat-pat~ Way too cute to crush skull with bat~", she says in the least threatening way possible.
Hearing the shake was ready, she jumps over to the counter, landing and shaking the ground around slightly, making Dan squirm at how close the Oni was now.
But Wham just takes the shake and goes back to her seat while drinking the shake, holding it upside down pouring it all directly into her mouth. She let out a loud burp and yells out, "Victory is yummy~~!!" Then she shatters the empty glass, when she was done, similar to how someone might crush a can after finishing it, but she wasn't bothered by how it broke down into in little glass pieces.

After Whatevr's question, Dan gives her a puzzled look, he understood what she was getting at but it felt unsuitable for the situation, "Please don't tell me that girl is this world's Batman..."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:32 pm

"Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... BATMAN!" Cathy began to sing.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:44 pm

While she had been about to use her own means to go to her own home, the elf-like girl can't help but be curious about this pile business, and quietly follows the worm-girls just to see what it's about.

Gigi looks at Wham briefly again and nod-nods to Dan. "Yep, horns're there," she says.
"Awwh, you're cute too~," says Ebb, seeming to enjoy the pats. She does duck slightly under the table to avoid getting any glass sprayed at her, though.
"There's a big difference between 'not evil' and 'good'," Whatevr points out. "I'm just saying, she doesn't seem inclined to actually attack you personally. Anyway, is it all things called 'demons' you have trouble with, because that encompasses an awful lot of different concepts." She pauses for a second, pulling out another 'glass-B-gone' spell to quickly poof away the mess Wham made of the shake glass. "I mean, maybe I could understand something like a Balrog or a Succubus from mythologies where demons are unilaterally evil things out to kill, use, or otherwise harm humanity, but what you've got here is an Oni, from the kind of mythology where 'demon' is just a rough translation of the idea of 'some kind of spirit creature being type thing'. I mean, would you be scared of a kitsune?"
Gigi suddenly leans her hands on the counter, leaning toward Dan. "Ooh! Whimsy gave you the foxy ears!" she says excitedly, seeming to get what she considers an absolutely brilliant idea. "Try those on!"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:26 am

To the worm-girls the only place they ever knew as a 'home' was the pile, so obviously they would return to Whimsy's little market stand, which was still a few street blocks away. Wonder what happened to all their wormy-siblings~

"That.. doesn't really help... Can we.. not talk about this, please? Also given that earlier I was attacked by some kind of fox spirit, doesn't make me fond of kitsunes either...", Dan responds and sighs at Whatevr's attempt to defuse his phobia.The fact that Wham out of nowhere broke her glass and now for some reason is now poking the bee-girls behind, doesn't help either to see her as less threatening.

Looking over at Cathy, who was still singing the Batman introduction song. He was about to say something until Gigi told him about something about Whimsy, "Huh? Oh, the fox ears?...Umm... No thanks, rather not..."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 am

"Nuuuuu Dan put them on! Do it do it do it!" The catgirl pawed at Dan's shirt for effect.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 am

Jenna keeps following. Since she was invited slightly late to the 'party', she doesn't even know about the whole worm sale thing in the first place.

"If you ask me, what you really need is some intensive exposure therapy," says Whatevr. "But I'm not doing that in my store, so you're lucky for now." She looks to where Wham, and Ebb following her out of curiosity, has joined the crowd behind the counter. "Anyway, this is getting ridiculous, soo..." She walks toward the back of the store, and the store expands, the back wall moving a yard or two farther back. Once she's about the same distance from the new location of the back wall as she was before it shifted, a new counter pops up between her and the customers all hiding behind the original counter. "There we go. Now I won't have to trip over people."
"But if you put them on, you'd be cute~," says Gigi, "And Wham just said she wouldn't hit cute people, so you'd be safe!" Her logic might be flawed, but at least there is some reason besides just wanting him to.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:59 am

And as they arrive at the market-square, it was pretty deserted, both because it was still night time and people wouldn't like to wander in the color rain.. and maybe the outbreak of worm-girls also had to do with scaring people away from there~
One of the only things left there was Whimsy's worm-sale stand with the barrel full worms. But wait.. why did the worms there not get affected by the rain? Well.. because of good-guy Snuggles, of course~! Whoever knew that a Registeel could preform Safeguard to render all the colored rain to be ineffective~
He certainly was the best pokemon Whimsy ever accidentally caught, helping out the stand while his trainer was missing in action. The few still pure Violet worm-girls under his safeguard certainly didn't mind having their reluctant snuggle-buddy around.
Whatever happened to that Sceptile girl, he was battling remains a mystery.

The bee-girls didn't feel all that awkward when Wham was checking their behind to see if there was any honey in there. One of them even shared their honey milkshake to the Oni. The rest of them still watching what Cathy and the others were doing behind the counter, then they followed their queen's example and began to also cheer "Do it~! Do it~! Bzz~ Do it~!"
Dan began to feel peer pressured by all the girls around him, looking back to his bag with the fox-ear headband inside it, he began to hesitate, knowing this world already a bit more he assumed this costume piece likely would have some transformative effect on him, so still being reluctant he answered, "I don't know... Rather not..."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Jenna waves to the humanoid Registeel on seeing him. "Oh, hi there! Are you with the PFL?"

Gigi's ears droop a bit. "Aww, you don't have to if it'll make you sad.."
Then Ebb leans over to one side to look past all those people, seeing Dan getting chanted at by soo many violet girls. "...Feels like an after-school special about peer pressure. Hey, do you want me to have Gigi rescue you outta there?"
((As much as I want to see what'll happen, it's against the character of these two to try and force their new (very profitable) friend to do something he looks uncomfortable with.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:19 pm

“Awww come on Danny! What’s the worst that could happen!? You’ll never have any fun if you don’t take any risks! I used to be a shy, quite boy who liked to fish, but look at me meow!” She grinned.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Snuggles responded with, "......." The raccoon, resting on his lap, translated that with for whoever could speak animal as, "He said no~"

Dan gives Cathy a puzzled look that slowly turned into a more understanding one. it seems so many things in this world seemed to turn men into girls here. Maybe he got lucky that with the bracelet he could turn back at least, but he had to be careful with other things. He responds to her, "I see... But that is kind of the point why I'd rather not wear this. Don't want to risk that happening to me..." Quickly thinking back to what he just said. "Uh-umm, n-not that there is anything wrong with the way you are now... Umm, you are quite pretty like that. J-just not a something for me, heheh~", he says and finishes off with an awkward laugh.

Looking up add Ebb and the Gigi, considering her offer to help him out. "Umm, depends.. Is that... uh.. Oni girl still there?", he asks while taking a peek again from behind the counter.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:24 pm

"Hmmm, I guess not. Well, they're chock full of friendly poke-people if you wanna meet one. I can give you a flyer~!" She produces a standard-issue PFL flyer explaining who the organization is and what they do. The Pokemorph Fighting League hosts fights between humanoid pokemon-people for the public to enjoy, pay their fighters pretty generously and fully heal all injuries sustained in those battles. They also work to improve the lives of poke-people in Muffinville and ensure that those who don't want to be caught by trainers don't have to be, those who do have trainers aren't abused, so on, so forth. "Actually, Mr. Aury pays me for every hundred flyers I give out so it'd help me too~..."

Gigi looks around, trying to figure out where the Oni-girl went, and eventually notices Wham is still where the bee-girls are...which is behind the counter. "Oh, she's over there," she says, pointing.

((I think this is where she went at this point; correct me if wrong.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse