Worms for sale~!!!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Worms for sale~!!!

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Somewhere on an empty market square, there is a lonely pink shop with tons.. and tons of barrels filled with squirmy, wiggly, slimy worms~ The one running the shop is a bubbly girl in blue, holding out a megaphone yelling, "Worms for sale~! Get your worms here~!"
Looking around, unsure why the square was so empty, maybe putting a store up in the middle of the night wasn't the best idea.... She shrugs and throws away the megaphone, "Silly me, a megaphone won't do.... Always settle for a...ULTRAPHONE~!" And with that, she takes a loudspeaker roughly the size of a bus~! "Worms for sale~!!!!", the sound-wave, blasting away any object in front of it and shattering the windows of the nearby buildings.

If someone wants to stop this rampage of sound in the middle of the night, they better get their wallets ready and buy some worms~
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: Worms for sale~!!!

Postby Vomica » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 pm

A teenage girl, wearing nothing but a cherry red set of silk pajamas shows up, off to the side where the ultra speaker was blasting. She's maybe around sixteen, give or take a year. But she is a very late bloomer. Puberty has yet to really grace her form. She rubs an eye with a hand, yawning, "...why couldn't me sisters respond to this...?"

Merah frowns, and creeps in a half sleeping shuffle to the obvious ditz. "Hello there...? I believe you are violating noise ordinances! ...three hundred decibels is, uh!" She mutters something about the coherence of harmonics. Still half awake.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm

The shopkeepers hops over to the sleepy girl, she listens and then giggles, "No silly-sleepy-milly, these aren't 'dizzy bells', that is next months sale~ I have like a bazillion worms now, do you wanna buy some?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Vomica » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 pm

The teenager frowns, "Aww, come on! You really don't want to be going on about worms this time of..." She pauses, "I forget myself sometimes. Needless to you wouldn't know if I was asking if they were helminths or anything like that!" Merah perks up, her body slowly shifting to being awake this time of night, "Come on, silly~! Shouldn't you be down by the docks, selling your worms to fisher folk? You're by the Rainbow Inn! The only sort of night crawlers we deal with over here don't manage to be slimy for long!"
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 pm

A young man with a fishing pole and a tackle box approached the two girls. He went up to the shopkeeper. "Hey, I heard you're selling worms?"
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm

The girl blinks, "Huh, do you think they would sell better with helms?.. Like tiny adorable little helmets?! Oh, yes, could be different themes, like, construction workers, knights, even astronauts~! Great idea! ^~^", she jumps and claps all excited, this will definitely boost her sales~ Sadly she missed the suggestion of maybe changing locations... oh well~
She skips back to her ULTRAPHONE and speaks up, "Buy your worms now and they'll have their limited edition helmet~! Go collect them all~ Wormkémon~!"

After destroying another bunch of eardrums she notices the young man, "Ahh, more customers~!" She smiles brightly and turns her head, "See~I told you I'd find people that want them~", she speaks up, as if talking to someone next to her.. no one was there... or they were invisible.. one or the other...
Anyway.. the young man feels a tap on his shoulder from behind, it is... the shopkeeper of course, in a pink business outfit and wearing a pair of secretary glasses, holding a notepad, "Okay, how many are you willing to buy? I'd say 5 million is a good starting amount, but you surely want to subscribe to the 3 million monthly delivery, legally binding for the next.. 500 years.. but that's in the small print... no one reads that.. right?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Vomica » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Merah just bursts out giggling for a moment! "...I suppose this is why my locker at school is full of those recall election notices!" She lets the ditz and the fisherman work out their deal, even as she pulls out a smart phone and punches away at things, "...lets see. Using sound equipment that can liquefy lung tissue. An overt contamination of a Color. Invoking Meta-Modernism." She soon frowns, and punches a dainty finger on the smart phone a few times! "...f-figures this app would freeze when trying to report transgressions against reality...!"
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:38 pm

A young man dressed in funny blue robes moseys by the stand. Like the other gentleman he too wields a fishing rod.

"What's all this now?" the Blue Mage pondered aloud.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm

"Well, I was thinking of more like...twenty. Going night fishing, ya know?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:52 pm

The girl waves over the man in the blue robes. "What this is~? This is a worm sale silly-blue billy~ Would you like to buy any? You get one for free each million you buy, can't get any better than that~ °~^", she says cheerfully with a wink.

Then back to the other fisher, "Umm, twenty million?... Oh wow~! You plan on fishing by downing the fish in worms? Brilliant~! I'll sing you up for twenty million now and you get twenty for free thanks to this limited time offer."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Feng » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 pm

The Blue Mage blinks.

"Uh... I'll pass.... I'm really just looking for some bait so I can summon a certain aquatic beast.... and learn its special abilities" @-@
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 pm

"But I...just need twenty...not twenty million..." The fisher boy wasn't sure if this girl was actually listening. "H-How much is this gonna cost?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Vomica » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 pm

"No. This citizens of this great city are powerful business people~!", she glances at the two fishermen, who are totally just fish monger. As the perpetual teenager lifts an eyebrow, "We in Muffinville welcome free trade! Consider any levies, tariffs, or other laws waived~!"

The girl gives a dead pan look to the two totally legit fish mongers, "I wanna see this play out."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:36 pm

The shopkeeper gasps loudly, "OHHHH~! But we have those too~", she pulls a worm in a tiny but obviously fake sea-monster costume. "I am the great aquatic breast of the seven seas~~ Buy me now and all my friends~~", the worm wiggles distracting away from the girl lip's that were obviously moving, doing a silly attempt of ventriloquism.

Meanwhile, a clone, back in the pink business outfit, taps her chin with her pen, "Hmmm, the price will be... umm.. wow that is a good question.." After roughly five seconds of deep pondering, she turns back 'no one' next to her, and giggles "No waaaaaaay silly, I can't ask for souls as an exchange, those are way to slippery~" Then her focus back to the fisherman, "How much money do you have on you right now?"

And then again the shopkeeper appears behind someone, sneakily looking over Merah's shoulder, then burst out right in her ear, "Are texting all your friends for the sale~? Great thinking~ I knew I could count on you"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Vomica » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Merah retreats to the streets she had walked from! Hitting a big red emergency button on her smart phone. You know it's important and big, because there was a glass covering over it! Regardless of the effect. Muffin State Security forces would disappear the girl until some other time. At the same time? That signal might invoke the attention of more powerful institutions then that of the city's democratically elected leader.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse