Fight the Cyborg! Prizes available!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Fight the Cyborg! Prizes available!

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:01 pm

*Aldonza keeps her technique running for eight seconds in total, stopping it two seconds short of its usual duration when Cacophany's random strikes and the unstable blade make the area too dangerous to be dashing about in. She aims one last tail slap at her face as a distraction, then blurs over to the opposite side of the arena to give herself an opportunity to catch her breath.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Cacophany looks decently bruised, as well as some of her electronic components being damaged enough to show some exposed wiring and circuitry. The laser beam shuts off, not being a very efficient use of power to begin with, and she retracts her gun again, gripping the angrily sparking blade with both hands. Even with the tail-slap, she notices her opponent on the opposite end of the arena almost immediately, and starts running at Aldonza with another yell, along the way making several full swings at different angles with the sword that send out waves similar to the one earlier, except that these are also more chaotic, moving not quite in straight lines.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:07 pm

*Thinking quickly, Aldonza positions her hands in front of her, palms forward, and directs her laser vision at that precise location; a pane of what seems to be green-tinted glass appears before them. When the energy waves strike the glass, deep cuts appear on her body and carve out gashes in her clothing... before the waves violently rebound---shattering the glass in the process---and fly back in Cacophany's direction.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Cacophany tries vaulting over most of the reflected waves--after all, they were originally fired from her standing height--but it seems like now they they're heading towards her they're actually attracted to the Warp blade, like opposing magnets. As a result, she takes a few cuts of her own on the way to trying to end the jump with a downward sword-slam right at Aldonza's position.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm

*Aldonza growls, her orange fur glowing pink as her Combat Drive finally activates.*

I ain't
DONE!

*Deciding on a risky and potentially fatal maneuver, she falls onto her back and kicks out with both feet. Her legs split apart a fraction en route, doing nothing to stop the descent of Cacophany's sword but instead trying to catch her in the face before the blade can bisect her.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:55 pm

The double-kick is a success as far as hitting its target! But Cacophany sees it coming just soon enough to release the sword's hilt, ensuring that even if the force of the kick knocks her away, momentum and gravity still act on the sword to bring it in what should be Aldonza's direction.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 pm

*Quick as a whip, Aldonza's tail lashes out and smacks the sword away a millimeter away from impalement, sending it spinning away.*

Would you believe I used to hate having that thing? *hops to her feet*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:45 pm

The unstable warp energy might do some damage to the tail on the way to knocking the sword away, but aside from that it's effective. The inner blade starts fading out again after that, in absence of a wielder to feed it rage.

Meanwhile, the kick presumably has enough force to knock the cyborg over to an opposite corner of the arena. "Mine's still ra-ther new," Cacophany states while standing up. Her voice has resumed the calm/emotionless tone it originally had, the brief burst of rage apparently gone as quickly as it had come. While she stands, her gun retracts, reshapes, and returns as a sniper rifle, which she fires straight at Aldonza's center. But she follows this by leaping up and over toward an adjacent corner her sword wound up on, as if she's already expecting her opponent to either dodge or deflect the bullet despite its considerably higher velocity than the earlier shots.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 pm

*There's a hefty gash in Aldonza's tail as a result of her defense. Someone in the seating area---Ambush, presumably---can be heard playing appropriate battle music out his paw pads.*

*As expected, Aldonza bends herself almost double to evade the bullet. Trying to give herself a few extra seconds, she jerks her head up and tries to send Cacophany's sword ricocheting off the force field with an eye beam burst.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Seeing the blast hit the sword, Cacophany runs some quick calculations and re-aims her momentum, making a short jump to catch the sword on its way back to the ground after the ricochet. She chains the motion into a horizontal-then-vertical combo of Warp-wave-producing slices roughly in Aldonza's direction, and then rotates the sword in her hand as if to shield her front with its full width.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 pm

*The interval between the time Aldonza blasted the sword and the time Cacophany retrieved it might not have been as much as she'd have liked, but this is still enough time for her to get back on her feet and go evasive. As soon as the combo runs its course, she yells and claps her hands together---creating and directing an explosively cold and forceful blast of wind at Cacophany.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:30 pm

The timing of things basically makes the blast of cold air impact the sword an instant or so after Cacophany raises it as a shield, allowing it to take the brunt of the hit. Some wind rushes across her arms and legs, and the force pushes her sliding back a foot or two, but her feet are well-planted and the Warp in the center blade counteracts much of the cold, so she remains standing. As soon as the wind is past, the cyborg lets the blade fall to a horizontal position and spins it in a brief drill-like motion with her hands (the gun has retracted again for the moment), producing a thin spiral of Warp flying from the blade's tip in Aldonza's direction. This coiled energy moves slightly faster than the waves and bounces off of the force field if it hits it.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 pm

*Aldonza tilts her head to the left, letting the Warp spiral scream past her head (though not without scorching her face down to the skin on that side), then jerks it to the right to avoid the rebound. With a powerful jump she goes airborne, her tail starts spinning again... and so does she, slowly at first but building up her velocity quickly as she hovers in mid-air. She's preparing for something big, that much is a given.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 am

The coiled energy quickly returns to Cacophany, who's still holding her sword, one-handed, in the same position, causing it to wrap around and absorb back into the Warp blade, causing it to crackle and spark dangerously with a slight overflow. No stranger to jumping herself, the cyborg makes a leap toward Aldonza's position, but only feints slightly with the sword before suddenly revealing a sniper rifle back in her other hand, firing it from relatively close range in the most likely direction of a dodge from the sword.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:20 pm

*Aldonza... doesn't go evasive in either case, not falling for the feint or otherwise not noticing it. This seems strange for a very brief moment before she howls at the top of her lungs, voice echoing around the area. Seems the reason she didn't notice the feint was because she was occupied building up steam.*

RIGHT WHERE I WANT YOU! HYPERRR...

*The air around them is whipped into a frenzy, shaping itself into a massive---and powerful---twister. If Cacophany isn't able to escape it in time, she might find that getting caught in a cyclone that's equipped with a heaping helping of razor wind is a very bad idea.*

TORNADO!
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse