ATTN: Infinite Defense

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

ATTN: Infinite Defense

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 pm

If the section of the Infinite Defense currently in Muffinville's universe has an email address or something like that, it receives the following communication:
"I have with me a new being who wishes to be a hero. If you don't have any 'freelance work' for such a person, perhaps you could help direct us to someone who will?
-Lyra"
If it doesn't, then whatever communication systems there are receive a message or two indicating someone named Lyra wants to get in touch with them.

Around the same time, a door appears on the wall of a building, opening out into a random alleyway, and out steps a tall, full-figured woman in a dark dress, with glaringly bright pink hair, followed shortly after by a fox-girl and a shadow-being strongly resembling her.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: ATTN: Infinite Defense

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:55 pm

*A floating metallic orb in the shape of a cat's head, with twin speakers built to resemble eyes, drops out of a thin portal nearby. It wobbles around in the air for a few moments, then turns to face the two of them. A voice can be heard from the speakers.*

/-/-/Am I correct in assuming you're the one who sent us that message just now?/-/-/
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 pm

The tall woman nods to the orb, not seeming too startled that they found her so fast. "I'm Lyra, nice to meet you. I hope I haven't annoyed you too much."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Orb: /-/-/It's no problem. Anyplace in particular you want to meet up, or should I just go ahead and shuttle down to your present location?/-/-/
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:40 am

The fox-girl standing proud, looking the cat-orb over, but not as curiously as her shadow that started to wonder how technologically advance Muffinville was. Or maybe this had more to do with the Infinite Defense?
Darren, the soul inside the animated solid shadow, asks Saiya, the soul currently in the fox-girl body, if maybe he should do the talking. "Hm? I suppose we could", Saiya says to her shadow and both souls switch bodies, as does their behavior and mannerisms. "Ah, thanks, Saiya." The fox-girl then turns to the floating orb, "We are kind of new here, so we don't actually know any 'particular' places to be honest. But if you know anywhere better suited than an alleyway like this, that would be nice"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Orb: /-/-/We'll meet up at Muffinville's resident 'safe zone', then. I'll contact someone to pick all of you up and take you there, then I'll shuttle down and meet you at the entrance. Will that do?/-/-/
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 pm

"That's perfectly fine as a meeting place," says Lyra. "We shouldn't need a pickup even; I can basically wave my hand and get us right in front of the Mungojerrie. Assuming that's where you're talking about," she adds.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Darren looks at both and shrugs, "Uh, fine by us either way."
Meanwhile, he takes the L-phone, to take a picture of the alleyway and search for how to activate the 'tag-place' option for it; deciding they might as well collect as many different locations of Muffinville as possible into the phone.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Orb: /-/-/Perfect. I'll be there momentarily. Feel free to go in and order something to eat if you like./-/-/

*The orb floats back into the portal and disappears.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Taking a picture is easy enough, but it doesn't seem like Lyra has actually implemented whatever she was talking about for tagging locations yet. After all, she did just have the idea. But she probably has some way of returning specifically to here if they want to do that later on, anyway.

Meanwhile, Lyra nods to the orb, waving goodbye as it disappears. She says, "Okay, brace yourselves for a second," and then waves her hand, casting a reasonably high-level teleportation spell meant to give the gentlest "ride" possible to its passengers. To Saiya and Darren the surroundings just seem to briefly blink to pitch black and then to the sidewalk a short ways outside the Mungojerrie, which...looks like a landed starship (I'll let Ambush give a fuller description). It should be noted the spell did convenient things like "make sure to target a spot not too close to where anyone is standing" and so on to ensure they don't shock anyone nearby too badly either, unless there's really someone left in Muffinville who's going to honestly be surprised to see a few people blink into existence on the sidewalk.

Beginning to lead the way into the establishment, the witch says, "It occurs to me you haven't actually gotten to eat food yet--not counting the cookie, I guess. Trust me, you'll love it."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:30 pm

*The Mungojerrie itself is seventeen and a half kilometers of partially-buried Star Destroyer, situated some miles northeast of Muffinville proper. A trench of about 200 feet in width surrounds the ship on all sides, and it itself is surrounded by a kilometer-wide forest (with the exception of the parking lot). It should be noted that the forest is entirely Viridi's work, as it wasn't here back when Whyte learned how to use Stored Power.*

*A casual observation of the ship shows that its engines are completely removed and the compartments sealed off. There are a few superficial marks on the hull here and there showing where there used to be weapons. Most of said weapons have long since been claimed by Raleigh.*

*As for the parking lot, there is plenty of lighting come night time and enough space for 320 vehicles of various kinds (and an additional 40 spaces marked "Residents and/or employees only", of which 17 are actually being used at the moment). Between the parking lot and the trench are a set of safety barricades of various types, culminating in a tall, angled chain-link fence like those seen at some baseball diamonds. Dotting the area around the parking lot are assorted trees and shrubberies. Finally, a titanium-and-concrete bridge is placed next to the parking lot; the bridge provides safe transit to the entrance built into the side of the Mungojerrie's command structure, which would then lead visitors to an elevator linked to the ship's assorted business ventures.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:12 pm

The fox-girl blinks a few times after the teleportation, and becomes amazed at the sight, "Wow, Lyra this place looks very impressive. Is everything in from Muffinville so technologically advanced? Uh, I mean more advanced than my world? Oh, it's Darren speaking by the way." To Darren some of these things looked very futuristic, and to Saiya it already surpassed her knowledge on machinery by so much, so she didn't even bother trying to understand it; at this level modern or future technology to her was the same thing as magic, only the users had to learn different things to use either.

"Hm, a cookie?" Darren asks, with Saiya explaining she had to consume a cookie to split off an evil entity and that left her soul damaged as a result of it. Which made Daren race an internal eyebrow at the strange story, but didn't ask further about it.
Answering Lyra, "I can't even remember the last thing I ate so far... this body sure feels hungry though, now that you mention it. Grabbing something to eat sounds like a good idea." The shadow nods, back when eating the cookie she was more focused on the battle than to really enjoy the taste of food, but she supposes that eating was something she had to regularly from now on, to keep her body in prime condition.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:23 am

"It's a bit of a sliding scale," says the witch, leading the way to the entrance and on inside. "You'll see crazy technofuture stuff in one part of town, and downright medieval looks in another. Everyone basically has easy access to stuff maybe slightly higher tech than what you remember, but not everyone chooses to use it. Magic is a powerful alternative to tech for a lot of applications. As food goes, you should be able to share sensory information with each other easily so you won't have to fight over who gets to taste a delicious cake..well, I'm assuming the shadow form can't eat but I don't actually know that. But if you ever have to take some awful-tasting medicine or something you'll have to draw straws, I guess."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:15 pm

Darren nods his head, getting used to a world with both magic and technology will certainly be something new.. thought for some reason part of it also felt familiar somehow, like he once had strange dreams about it...
"Oh, yes, cake been so long. Hm, Saiya says the shadow-form can form a mouth with enough concentration, but it would be pointless to feed it, unless for maybe as a food container for later use...", Darren didn't even care if he had to taste anything awful even, just getting back to having a body felt so liberating after being stuck without one for so long.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:37 pm

*Once they get inside, they should arrive at an elevator with a list of destinations marked, including the restaurant itself.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to the Muffinverse