In need of some comics for art styles to ape

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

In need of some comics for art styles to ape

Postby Coruscate » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:37 am

Okay.

So my old computer with my tons and tons of manga on it... HAS BECOME A GIANT PAPERWEIGHT

*insert crying here*

So I'm in need of some manga to lightbox and trace until I can get my penciling interest and confidence up again. I'm not about to draw panty flashes and the like, but I'm more partial to artwork like in Magikano or Inumimi for art style. Right now, this is about getting some face symbols stuck in my head because I'm so right brained I keep trying to reintepret everything when I draw and it all comes out very, VERY stiff and it annoys the blazes out of me.

Those two comics have ways of drawing faces and clothing that fit my personal aeasthetic.

After I get the pretteh pretteh artwork going again, I may trace Naruto and Oh Great! (Tenjo Tenge) stuff to get some body positions, backgrounds and perspective stuck in my head.

Thanks!
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby May-chan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:23 am

*scavenges parts from dead compy like a buzzard*
Lookit my art n' stuff >_< !!!
http://maychanlj.deviantart.com/
"No, the other May Chan, the Fort Knox of TG imagery." - Thorn
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/m ... %20Images/
May-chan
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Careful, I get all the weird computer problems. You'll wind up like Me-Tan buzzarding my stuff XD
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Sugandya » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Nnnnnnnnnnnno. You need to study life, not trace manga (even photographed poses would be better). Don't do that, man. You can draw; that's just gonna cripple you. You sound like youre just in a block anyway...

*Bats you over to Conceptart.org*
Sugandya
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Return to Creative Corner