Writing Prompt - Caption Works Without the Image

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Writing Prompt - Caption Works Without the Image

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:25 am

Here's an idea. You know most times you come across a caption but it isn't quite right for the idea you have? Well why let a caption hold you back. Take your inspiration and post it here. Just do what you would normally do for a caption, only don't worry about the size-restriction. Try a little sequence based on an image you have either in mind, inspired by a caption, or otherwise. The point is to write as much as possible. If you all need help, I can post an example of what I mean. You'll need to describe the setting a little more without the visual but feel free to give it a try and see where it takes you.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Arkain » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:51 am

Let's see here...

There we go, that wasn't so bad, was it? It fits nicely on you, and you look so pretty...

Ah, not again...
I tell you, just let go, and it'll be all right.
It's the only thing holding you back, you know. The only thing keeping you from enjoying life again is yourself.

What's it matter, anyway? Identity.
Well, underneath all that you're still you, aren't you?

I know it hurts. Know it hurts to be seperated from your friends and family, your loved ones... but, I ask you, what is it you plan on doing about it?

A cure may come... or it might not. Are you going to suffer every minute of the way? There's new friends out there to make... and I'll be right here, every step of the way. I'll be your family, your long-lost relative come to take care of you in your hour of need.

You'd rather I go? After everything we've been through?
But forget the past... if I'm gone, who will be there for you when you're tired? Sick? Lonely? Confused?
Who will be there for me if I'm gone?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let that slip in there...
But... the thing is... you've been there for me, in a special way.
When I didn't have any purpose, when there was nothing left, I found you. Helping you was something to do, it numbed the pain, and, in the end... I think it's the best thing that's happened to me.

There there, don't cry... I'm here, I'll be here for you, whenever you need me. Be strong, for me, don't let my help be a waste...

Yes.
I won't go, I promise.

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Cow Belle » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:26 am

Oh wow, that's good Arkain. @_@;
Some stuff happen, and there was cow bell! And all was good.
Cow Belle
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Arkain » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:33 pm

I need to write more T_T

And thanks!

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Return to Creative Corner