[Request] WebComic commissions?

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

[Request] WebComic commissions?

Postby Eri Anikemi » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:55 pm

Hello all. I've been working together with a script writer for an ongoing webcomic called Exiern. He's creating a script that would best be described as a "Magical Girl Western." Sadly, the girls are not the focus of the story, but antagonists. The main character's are two males, the brash young Kid and the old grizzled Stranger.

The whole thing is done very much in the theme of the classic American western.

The offer is simple. We can offer a flat fee of 25$ per panel. That is, a 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper with several shots on it, cut up much like a comicbook page would be. The pages need to be in color. The comic will require one page per week minimum. 1/2 of the donations will be given to the artist in question. But if no donations are forthcoming, the only price we can guarentee is 25$ per page.

Anyone who is interested, please PM me. If you are interested in the proposal, but not the subject matter, please PM me as well, I would like to know if it's the artwork, or the price that causes problems.
When dreamers are criticized for their dreams, the world is lessened. When dreamers are forced from their dreams, worlds are destroyed.
Powers of darkness, become those of light, goddess fill my hand with blessed silver light!
Eri Anikemi
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Lucky » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:27 pm

This comic sounds quite interesting indeed. Hope you find someone to draw it!
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:37 pm

Braden (Zack) is charging me $40 a page for my writing, your writing may be different depending on what kind of panel work you're asking for.

Loppi is asking me for $30 a page, once again, I expect her, like Zack, to charge you for your writing style, depending on what's going on.

Mind you, that's for PENCILS ONLY.

But I ask for pencils only since I'm an awesome colorist and I can make it look **** hot!

Get a DeviantArt account and ask around on the job services forum.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Neige » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:18 am

Yeah, not tryin' ta be mean but that's not a whole lot for that kinda work, I do cartoon comics and it's not always easy to finish it within a week, and that's cartoon, and simplistic in a lotta ways, now if ya make it anime that's tons harder, then to color....err..you get me.
Neige
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Eri Anikemi » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Thank you all to everyone who's responded to my request. I have finally settled on an artist, and am working with my friend to co-write the story to go with it. I want to thank everyone who pmed or posted a resonce for me, and I hope we might work together in the future.

Good luck, and keep up the good art.
When dreamers are criticized for their dreams, the world is lessened. When dreamers are forced from their dreams, worlds are destroyed.
Powers of darkness, become those of light, goddess fill my hand with blessed silver light!
Eri Anikemi
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Lucky » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:42 pm

Post a link to the comics when they go up. I want to see them.
XP
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Return to Creative Corner