Taralynn's Desk

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Re: Taralynn's Desk

Postby Lanzerus » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Tara, if its alright for me to call you tara, Your writing Is AMAZING!!!

you make me feel bad, I compare my writing with yours or some of the other writers here and I feel like I could be doing a lot better.

i laughed at the Rhoxy road, you have a ton of creativity.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Well, I don't think my writing is that amazing but thank you for the compliment. Though you shouldn't feel bad. It's not like me or any other writers at MSF just fell off a log and started writing the way they did. All of us practiced to get where we are. We all SLOWLY improved. As you write more, you will do the same.
Taralynn's Desk- home of all my TG fics... read... comment... enjoy... please comment ;_;
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Sailor Ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Taralynn wrote: decided to cut this chapter short knowing that writing the fight scene is going to just take me longer. In favor of the shorter chapters but more frequent updates, I decided it was appropriate.

So yeah, first chapter where I only have one scene. I like the Angela/Robynne banter. Sometimes I’m not sure if it works but I think it works enough to make it entertaining. You have any thoughts on the subject, PLEASE let me know. I'm really curious as to how the banter turned out.

Oh… and I tried to come up with a campier name for the monster than Roxy Rhode, but I failed. I’m sorry beloved reader for failing you. *hangs head in shame*

Well, let me know what you think,

-Taralynn Andrews

Hey don't worry about it. That is how I write my Episodes for my fics sometimes. I start the battle, then leave it up in the air for Cliffhanger mode. That is really awesome what you did. Great work on the update!
Sailor Ganymede
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:19 am

All right, I've posted chapter 17 of Magical Girl Policy up on my website. It's ready for your consumption.

This chapter is heavy on magical girl fighting action. I've never felt it was my strong point. I'd like your thoughts on how the action turned out. Let me know what worked and what different and if you enjoyed a particular bit of action, let me know what it is so I can do more stuff like it later.

THANKS!
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Sailor Ganymede » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:13 am

Taralynn wrote:All right, that was a really fun chapter to write. I mean—like really fun. I know I’m not the best a writing action sequences but I sure do get a kick out of giving it a shot.

I don’t have much to say about this chapter itself. I feel it’s pretty straight forward. I hope the central goals of the mood didn’t go over anyone’s head.

I’m told that I’ll be getting some artwork for this chapter soon. Hopefully, it’ll be ready to be posted by Thursday. I’m not sure what the picture is of but I have a feeling we’ll all enjoy it.

So how was the action? What could be improved on it? I sometimes worry that I’m a bit wordy with the action. Any thoughts there? I’m trying to improve but even the simplest of motions can sound so convoluted when put to paper.

Well, thanks for your time,

-Taralynn Andrews

That was a great chapter! I like it! I look foward to the Artwork that is to go along with the chapter! Great job Taralynn!
Sailor Ganymede
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Previous

Return to Creative Corner