The Magical Girl Academy

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

The Magical Girl Academy

Postby Thorn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:06 am

Edited to make it easier to read.

[quote]“Why do these things always happen to me?â€
Last edited by Thorn on Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Huggbees!
Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Arkain » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:35 am

Okidy, this is where we learn about our good friend the Indent.
Pick up a contemporary novel to get a good idea of how dialogue is juxtaposed.

Also, the brother was a little, hrm, unnecessarily dumb. Although that last comment was pretty funny... well, aside from the Huhuhuhu.
Do you know anyone who laughs like that? Normally, leastwise?

The thing reads pretty quick, I don't even know what the characters or locations look like...

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:43 am

Don't stress indenting at this point too much, Thorn. Just focus on writing.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:23 am

The writing is good. Just remember that each new person talking gets a new paragraph, and that making the sound of laughter is unneeded in a novel/story. It's used in RPGs to save on sound effects, and in manga because it IS a sound effect. In a novel, you can use narrative description more often. "He laughed obnoxiously".

Also, try making the sound of a laugh to yourself. If it sounds weird, don't use it.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Thorn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:41 am

Yeah I know, i'm too used to a school style of mine, I need to work on that.

And the laugh makes sense. Ever listened to beavis and butthead? XD
Huggbees!
Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:28 pm

In that case, it still would be better in a story to put that he 'laughed like Beavis and Butthead'. I myself, however, have been guilty of this mistake.

It's still a good story.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Thorn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:20 pm

I think making allusions of that type would really be out of character for the universe. Thats like something from Lord of the Rings saying "He had a presence that of Hitler."

And yeah I'm going to describe the characters more later.
Huggbees!
Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Thorn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:11 pm

Also I edited, should be ALOT easier to read. That'll stop all your whining you gits :P
Huggbees!
Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:40 am

*Stops whining* And the Huhuhuhu doesn't look that bad now, for some reason.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Chapter Two! Wooo!

Postby Thorn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:22 am

[quote]I took a long look at the figure in front of me. He had deep red hair and messy spikes going down to his ears, a single stud in his right ear, and a black tip off every bang. I put my hand forward. It was then I realized that the form was me. Despite the hazy feeling in the air, I had almost forgotten. As I turned my head, the boy did too. I was back home, in a familiar bathroom. It was then I heard a female whisper incoherently. I couldn’t determine the direction where it came from. And I looked everywhere, as I turned away from the mirror, all I saw was darkness. The female whispering increased as I turned. When I returned my view to the mirror, I saw the woman from the portrait, Xian.

I then awoke.

Sweating from my strange but understandable dream, I looked up and out my window. It was sunrise. I didn’t say a single word while taking my morning routine. Even while heading down to breakfast, I didn’t even bother to eat anything but only had a glass of orange juice. I couldn’t concentrate. What was I getting myself into? I knew I had to, I knew I would learn much going here, but at what cost? Would I lose my identity? What if I become stuck? What if I don’t even remember anything afterwards? I just couldn’t think at all. I needed to calm myself somehow.

“Okay.â€
Last edited by Thorn on Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huggbees!
Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Arkain » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:27 pm

Odd questions, you'd think they'd ask something different of a boy applicant. But, then, the questions are always a psychological gauge more than anything else... they'll see he's, hrm, rather nervous, goeth figure. :D

Bleh, fukus. I despise that article of clothing.

(Yes, I know it's funny for me to say that. Let's say I'm not here for the fukus...)

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Thorn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:43 pm

Well the test is also given to the female applicants. And only 10 percent of the girls there are TF'd Males, they just dont bother with something different.

And yeah, she'll hate the fuku's too :P
Huggbees!
Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Arkain » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:07 pm

That is a rather significant population.
Every tenth girl there was a boy...
If they have so many, why isn't there a seperate test for them?

Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:54 pm

Well, it's also a test to show how the guy reacts to being a girl.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Arkain » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:01 am

Also true, although what percentage of the population would answer differently? The tiny fraction who actually want to be girls, obviously (and those can doubtless find magical means.)

Then again, the institution is voluntary (aside of course from Adena's parental pressure, but very kids don't react to that, either in counter or in sync.)

In either case, I'd still devise a test angled towards the boys about to become girls, if only to get somewhat more honest answers... as much as one can.

Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Next

Return to Creative Corner