Mecchen House - Complete First Book Online

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:39 pm

Thanks (even though I'm a girl :-p, but no biggie), you have no idea how much I needed that encouraging note ^^. I'd heard nothing but criticism (though constructive) about the chapter till this point. Thank you very much again *bows*.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ninian » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm

*nods* And to clarify, Kerina isn't just a girl as in "I wish I was a girl" girl like 90% of the "girls" on MSF, but as in "I'm capable of carrying children" girl.

But yeah, Mecchen is teh awesome.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby P-tan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:39 am

Ok that's 3 girls and 19 boys in my poll statistics..

That's a sausage-fest there. lawl
P-tan

Postby Amy-chan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:42 pm

Nina Anilina wrote:*nods* And to clarify, Kerina isn't just a girl as in "I wish I was a girl" girl like 90% of the "girls" on MSF, but as in "I'm capable of carrying children" girl.

But yeah, Mecchen is teh awesome.

But any of the girls in MSF can carry children. It's all in how you lift them... :wink:
A stranger is just a friend that you haven't met yet.
Amy-chan
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:17 pm

With the legs. On another note, I've decided to consolidate 21 and 22 into one and have what takes place in 23 be part of 22. I won't change the novel length for now but I don't want to stretch or rush this end part. We'll see how it goes.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Still writing btw. Chapter 21 is on-going. It's not my favorite but it will resolve the major mysteries in the narrative in the lead-up to the climax.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Chapter 21 is posted. Enjoy!
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AnimaVex » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:42 am

Neatzorz. I'll read it asap.
The wind is coming, and it tells a story more often silenced than not.

-AnimaVex, budding artist/writer/etc. -
AnimaVex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:32 pm

Mecchen 22 is written...*collapses*
I'll post it once I get some things in order...
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Chapter 22 is up ^^V
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:33 pm

Umm...you're welcome to offer reactions...:-p
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:42 am

Then a reaction you shall get! Just not for the latest chapter. XD I just felt that you'd like someone to post about something, and I figured that it wouldn't hurt to read the prologue. I'll leave everything concerning this a mystery. Ha!

Now, from my personal opinion, the prologue felt solid, even if the prose felt a bit like Pennzoil to me. (But I don't read much, so that may be one of a number of normal ways for the flow to feel.) Oh, and take whatever I say with a grain of flying pig or something, 'cause I have no expertise in anything literary.

Right. Ummmm... Well, I think this was addressed before (yes, I've read this topic yet never the story until now <.<; ), but there seems to be a lot of dialogue being introduced by finished statements. Example:

I smirked, "stuff!"

I kind of expect this instead:

I smirked and said, "blargh!"

That's just what I'm accustomed to seeing, anyway.

There doesn't seem to be anything else with a potential problem, other than a few minor errors (as far as I know). I guess I can address them and you can decide for yourself. Because for all that I know... I know nothing! X_X

cause

(if a shortened form of "because") 'cause

-----

A bird with an intricate song called out then lofted from a branch into the air.

This one sounded weird to me. I may be wrong, but I think "lofted" would be used as an effect on the bird by something else rather than an action the bird makes itself. At least to me it sounds better (even if not in the context) if it had been, "then was lofted into the air by the branch." In the end, though, "into the air" probably shouldn't end the sentence.

-----

Aromas wafted.

Aromas wafted about? It felt like an incomplete sentence to me. *Blinks*

-----

For a moment, I was sure Jamie smiled a faintly in the shade.

Just nab that "a" before "faintly" away. Perhaps add a "had" before "smiled?"

-----

One thing I did notice was the trees seems to be spreading apart.

I think "seems" needs to be a letter shorter. And perhaps add "how" after "was?" I'm unsure if "seem" or "seemed" is more appropriate.

-----

You got lost on your way the post office to mail my letters last week.

Just need to add a "to" after "way."

-----

It hurt as much as you’d imagine but still had no effect.

Seems odd since this takes place in first-person. "I'd expected" instead of "you'd imagine?"

-----

We set Jamie down first with a plop then both plopped down too.

A "we" after "then?" As it is, it feels like I have to read "then both plopped down too" in third-person.

-----

I’m so so sorry this happened.

I think a comma is needed after the first "or."

-----

The bus groaned and slowed to a stop mere feet in front of Jamie.

This one is a bit confusing. If I understand the situation correctly, Jamie wouldn't have been in any peril had the bus been in front of him by the time it stopped. So, perhaps instead of "in front of Jamie", "from Jamie" might be better. Because I don't think that running into the side of the bus is life-threatening. It might've been funny, though. XD

And that's all from the peanut gallery, or whatever it is that I am. I've been meaning to read your story since the get-go, but (other than stories submitted to the site, which I have to check for content and thus read) I haven't been able to read any stories for some reason. Maybe I'll get to reading more of it sooner than later, but I'm sure it's turning out splendidly. Your work is not for naught! :O
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:45 am

Yeah, the prologue still needs a lot of editing. But I learned a great deal from it.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:00 pm

In the epilogue soon. I intend to have lots of sushi when I finish this book. Hopefully soon. It's been a fun experience. I'm tempted to go into the prologue for the 2nd book but it may be a bit too much teaser for something which I don't know when it will continue. But! I fully intend to make short stuff so I can keep fresh for the future. I may go back to doing captions for a while. We'll see.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:43 pm

*HUGS Kerina-chan*
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner