Third Time's A Charm(?).

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Third Time's A Charm(?).

Postby Karmelo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:19 pm

I believe this is my third art topic that will follow the same pattern as the rest, though correct me if I've done more.

Forenote: The large majority were to get hairstyles/clothes designs down, so proportions and facial details suffered at times. You'll see what I mean.

Anyway. Um. Yeah.

http://karmelo.theamyempire.net/DKL/index.html

My SUPAH SECRET SITE.!? exposed to the public for the first time! Do you dare delve into the dark depths of despair? Has the alliteration changed your mind? Note that upload date is oldest to newest top to bottom, but the actual date they've been drawn is skewed all around randomly. And most of the titles are sarcastic in some form (i.e. Best Foot Forward!?). Except for the ones that are not. So believe them. IF YOU DARE!

Note: For those who have a pet peeve of things drawn on notebook paper because it's not worth sketchbook paper (Whut!), avoid a good amount of the drawings. If you also dislike them on the back of Physic and Psych worksheets, avoid all but like the last one. Also: Seek clinical help.

And also also also also oh help me:

http://karmelo.theamyempire.net/Whut.swf

My first flash attempt. It's an Xiaonheadcrab (Xion Xion Xion Xion Xion) drawn in a vaguesque Charby-copy style. Well, not the legs. Just the eyes.

This is mostly for me trying to stick to my schedule of a drawing a day for this summer. But if you want to comment/critique any specific piece, feel free. And if you want to send me globs of money, that'd be dandy, too.

In fact, that's now mandatory.

Edit: Edited 17 times because I could. I do it for the little people who got me where I am today.
Last edited by Karmelo on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Musashi » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:22 pm

YAY! You did it! *Gives Karm CHOCOLATE CHIP HAM* :D

Now draw more Adamites. XD
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Beyond » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:42 pm

Heh, its nice to see this side of Karm. Maybe you should try CG'ing them, they look a lot better when they are colored and not in scrap papper. :D

*thumbs up*
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

The real reason I don't CG is because I'm distracted easily.

Postby Karmelo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:49 pm

I'm too lazy to do that.

Well, maybe, sometime. Who knows what the future? Death and unhappiness. Ahahaha! Oh, Tsunami Bomb.

...Wait, I lost my train of thought.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Duck » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:48 pm

ah.. to be in a world where 87% of the people have armor...

nice!
Accessories

Shonen Ai Badger Badge
ANCEINT GOLD YAOI MANGA

my comic (not updated in a bit)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Art_table_of_Duck/

My DA account
http://theduckofanime.deviantart.com/
Duck
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Oh, feldaphysics. What a pointless creation of mine.

Postby Karmelo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:59 pm

Well, as I've said before, armor doesn't really have much of an effect in the main storyverse due to physics that are still a bit wonky so I'd rather not discuss them here. Hopefully they'll be stable sometime in my lifetime. But yeah, so armor's mostly for style(!).

A few more from the past few days. Been too lazy to update the index (the last one and likely the majority of the next ones will be FTP'd for kicks so that will personally discourage me from updating), but it might get an actual redesign fairly soon. Y'know, a logical one. Because you guys can't appreciate the symbolism of its current design.

Anyway. Awards for this sketchbook:

Most Karmesque Design - A re-evaluation of Tiamat of Menacing!? fame. She's pictured in her neutral form there, which has since been trashed due to the fact I could not get it to work outside of chibi. So her water form has grappled into her default. She expresses the same enthusiasm I have about this. Woo indeed. You'll notice she's lacking draconic limbs, due to the fact it was drawn at like 1:40 in the morning. Like most of these are. Like most of the errors these have.

Most Bizarre Design Permitted - Um. Yeah. The designs for some of the pirates are based on mythology, so I was thinking "What the heck would Charybdis look like?" I thought up a pretty awesome design, then went with the exact opposite. Because they'd be expecting that. Apparently I got bored somewhere in here because I just stopped shading her buckle-things. The swashbuckles, they'll be called. Yeah....That was probably for the better.

Best Dressed...To Kill! - Another bizarre racial design, I don't know. It's far better than the original racial design. Anyway. They've got endoskeletons and exoskeletons (which I got lazy on), and they're designed to sink to drag down any potential prey. That's the main reason the design stuck, in fact. Because you tell me that's not awesome I might just hurt myself with magnets again. As for the character, eh, your usual rags to riches sort in sixteen slashes. Y'know, like in real life. She should have a rap career. In the original story, she defaulted to human, but back then only about ten races were integrated into the storyverse, as opposed to the current forty-ish. Please someone kill my imagination I can't stop it.

Best Bishi Actor - Musa told me if I drew a picture of his character to have it be full neko, like Zero Zero (of A Tail Of Two--!? and An Error!? fame). After telling Musa the little critters from A Dim Future!? would have a name similar to Adam if they became a recurring species, Musa suggested Adamites, and they've evolved from there. Musa is pictured with a King Adamite as well, as they're patriarchs. Note that due to Musa's origins, it's unlikely he'd be a real neko and therefore look like a real neko, but hey, imusanation.

Do you see now the horrors you've unleashed?
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Musashi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:23 am

I'VE ALREADY SAID STUFF TO YOU. But Imma post anyway.

YAAAAAAY FLUFFYNESSSSSS!!!!!!! And BEHOLD the wiggly-ness of the King Adamite's toes! XD

Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Helel » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:10 am

Musashi wrote:I'VE ALREADY SAID STUFF TO YOU. But Imma post anyway.

YAAAAAAY FLUFFYNESSSSSS!!!!!!! And BEHOLD the wiggly-ness of the King Adamite's toes! XD

I dunno how I missed that picture, but wow. XD

Extremely well done, Karm
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:23 am

Wow cool Karm! Nice work.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

There's too much emphasis on dirt. Oh, Aquabats.

Postby Karmelo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:18 am

Ha ha, now that Zeph has updated, I shall smash him into oblivion as per usual. ...Crap, he actually did a good update this time. That's never happened before, I think--Oh no! How did it get so far? Did he have to walk with a lean? Oh no! I need a vacation from, waving checkered flags at the Malibu Grand Prix...

What am I doing here?

What am I doing now?

What am I doing here?

I know!

Line Up The Rickshaws! - Ha, you can't beat child Karm and Daimiscius (both star in An Error!? as the two on the left though Karm's in a lot more but you know him anyway so shut up uglies). Lookit, Karm even has his organic eyes. Yes, they get stolen at some point. It's based on an actual RP, I don't know why they did it, but they did. Anyway, Daimiscius looks French and Karm looks like a djinn from Golden Sun. All in a day's work.

Right Down The Derby Line! - The beta design for the Field Tank, a military vehicle massproduced by the Zero Hunter (Yeah, I just wanted a link in this paragraph. It makes it pretty. YES IT DOES.). All sorts of overcompensation here, and it's not even an Anti-Zero Vehicle, it's just one for general demolition. The majority of weapons still rely on the wonky physics (because that's a good idea), so y'know, you can inquire but your question may make me go 'Doh! That can't happen! That's another lashing for me!' and it already hurts to breathe. In short, the vehicle's really unimportant, but it's just a clever way to pacify my imagination from creating anymore storylines because I am just sick of it doing that.

Let's All Crash Into Each Other! - Hey, another member of the Tadayuki Gang gets some form of design. Awesome. Three down, two to go (the other two done are Wench from Innovative!? and Tadpole from Oh-Oh, See!?). Clearly a competent bunch of capable* individuals. Surprisingly, I don't have much to ramble here about. Maybe I'll edit this 17 times if I feel like adding more**.

It's Demolition Time! - ...Oh, I don't have another picture right now. That's a shame.

Right Now! - Also: I considered Beyond's unhealthy alternative of CGing, and if anyone can provide me with a way to not suck at it (unlikely), I may try to CG a certain amount of times per week. Which means this may become more active. Don't all rush up at once, now.

*Edit: Changed unique to capable, because capable is just a better word in general. Yeah, take that, unique. You look like you should have three syllables. WAY TO BE FRENCH.

**Edit: I don't have anything to add, but I'm just lazy here. So three edits iis all you get. Or maybe more. Not likely, though.
Last edited by Karmelo on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Musashi » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:22 am

WITTLE KARMLET! *Sticks a bonnet on the little Karm's head, and tries to shove a bottle of milk into his eyeball* Drinkydrinky! :3

Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Holy cow. 17. That's like one for each month, right?

Postby Karmelo » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:40 pm

I'm not abandoning so quickly this time.

Well, I did, but then I later decided against that.

And later I posted in here.

AND THAT TIME IS NOW, MY FRIENDS.

Seeing how the art of rambling is dead:

1 - You'll put your eye out, eh? Eh.

2 - Oh man, I'm deviating from norms. I'M WILD AND CRAZY!

3 - Your time would be better spent watching a clip from the Futurama episode of the same name.

4 - That's how bored I got in English last year. Seriously, what.

5 - Old attempt at fragons. The joke was to have them be the assumed shorten form of fairie dragon, but I see Blizzard already took that idea was more successful than me with it. Had I not Wikipedia'd it, I would have never known. A blessing and a curse. Also: I thought I said I'd stop rambling. This doesn't even deserve it. I'll shut up now.

6 - First attempt as that wascally weapon shopkeep as a fae. Which she will now be. And has always been. Yay for retcon!

7 - The plant on his head looks subtlely like a copyrighted idea I've seen somewhere, I swear.

8 - I switch over to jpg here and also a horrible scanner (on a horrible picture). Yay dorm life.

9 - The smears make it classy.

10 - I can't recall what song I'm referring with the title or why I am, but that's how all the jpgs are, more or less. Yay dorm life.

11 - That's sand. Including her hair from like the shoulder down. The reason she wears goggles is to MASK HER PAIN. Also: She uses sand. C'mon. What if a grain ended up in her eye? You've got to plan ahead for these things.

12 - Welcome to my Calculus notes. Goose will slap me on the wrist for lined paper, but a sketchbook is a bit too conspicuous to work with in there.

13 - This is my favorite of the bunch, if only because it has more cowbell than the rest. Oh, racial jokes. It's alright, they're fictional. They don't take offense.

14 - This is okay if you overlook the fact that HE'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE HAIR.

15 - I wonder how creepy it is to mold a homunculus in the shape of a young boy. Probably not the creepiest thing Retina does. Wait, there's a plot?

16 - I bet you're all like 'Well, I'm sure their appearance is the weirdest part.' But you're wrong, because their mouth is vestigal, and they eat sound. Yeah, beat that.

17 - The name is referring to the fact that chivalry is not dead, not the fact that he is not dead. Though I do think Chivalry lives, unlike some of these guys. Ha ha, sucks for them.

If I messed up a link there, you're probably better off, but alert me and I might fix it for a price.

Also: I might start daily updates with a section I like to call "What I Do In Math Class: It Is Not Math In Most Definitions Of The Term."
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby AnimaVex » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:10 am

Erm... the plant think may be from some Megaman. It's a rose guy or something or other. Maybe that's what reminds you of something else...

Whee. I never knew that you drew. And so well! *gives you a nice, giant-sized taffy-tasting biscuit*

Blame Tamashii. He got desperate and dumped the wrong ingredients. *smacks Tamashii*

Edit: How about you make a guy that uses math symbols as weapons? I mean... Calculus might just be fun then. :P
The wind is coming, and it tells a story more often silenced than not.

-AnimaVex, budding artist/writer/etc. -
AnimaVex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Plants and plumbing start with the same letters...

Postby Karmelo » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:45 am

Well, I know what it looks like, because it's actually an intentional reference to something as he's a recycled design. I made him originally in like the second grade where he completely violated copyrights (as did practically every other member, who have also been recycled - see if you can guess the other four members!*).

So, while I tried an original design for the revival, I decided to leave a homage to his roots (ha, plant pun!), and tried to make that bit look ever so slightly like how he usedta look. I can't tell if I should go more for it or less, because I can obviously see it.

But you're close with your classic gaming. Perhaps there's another game series with plants as enemies?

*A request might in order if someone even actually just tries this. Because honestly, why would you?
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby AnimaVex » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Bleh. Bad Karm. That's a horrible joke. *throws a squeaky hammer at him* It's so bad... I think I have indigestion... O.o Ew.

Plants as enemies? Pirahna Plants from Mario? What else...

Mandragoras? Legend of Legaia's horrible Pirahna Plant-lookalikes?

If it's not any of them, then where is it from?

Nevertheless, maybe you should try to put a bit more plant in his appearance. It does look as if it might be better. Honestly, the Rose boss in Megaman X6 was awesome. Really. He just looked that good. And it was a shame to kill him.
The wind is coming, and it tells a story more often silenced than not.

-AnimaVex, budding artist/writer/etc. -
AnimaVex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Next

Return to Creative Corner