Pip's Piddly Pictures

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Pip » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:40 pm

Raising the thread back from the dead a bit (only one month dead, still two better than the site itself). I didn't know whether to stick this on the story boards or the art boards but that's the reason I'm posting it in the first place. I was thinking about projects down the line and reflected a bit on the medium to use. My comics usually consist of mainly dialogue and my writing is fairly comic-ish so I tried to combine the two a bit. The bastard child of both you could say (I'm siding with Commy over Storic for now). It kind of works like how dialogue sequences work in videogames.

Definite things to work on:
Implementing a narrator
Actions/Sound effects
Layout/Sizing
Fliping images for interactions
Poses and unique drawings
Fonts/Text Effects ?
Illustrations within the story?
Don't "borrow" images from CircuitCity.com

Suggestions and comments on the "style" will be appreciated. Think it's just gimmicky or all-together lame? Say so anyway. Hopefully phrase it a little nicer than that though.

The pictures are lousy and the story is even worse but I needed something to have up to show what I was talking about. Ah, the joys of time constraints:

EDIT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ ... enshot.jpg
Last edited by Pip on Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pip
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:23 am

*oooooo* I like ^^. But kinda quickly done. Especially too quick acceptance...no fun if they don't fight :(

But nice structure and a lot of images, I could tell this took a lot of time, thank you so much for sharing it Pip ^^
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Pip » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:08 am

I know it was done quickly; I copped to that. ^^;
I was asking about how the story was set-up rather than what the story or pictures actually were.
Pip
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:47 pm

I liked the structure but the format was a little hard to read and follow for me personally at points. I kinda got lost. It might have been the vertical placement, not sure ^^;;
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:37 pm

an error message wrote:This page is currently unavailable

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

Return to Yahoo!
That's all I've ever been able to get from trying?
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:56 pm

Eep @_@ *hopes I didn't kill the bandwith*
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Pip » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:57 pm

Ack. Sorry about that all. Serves me right for trying use Geocities, I suppose.
I just took a screenshot of the page so I could stick it up on Photobucket. You can get the idea of how it's set up.

I changed the text in it just so it wouldn't be all weird to have five lines of a story. I hope for everyone's sake they know what it's from.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ ... enshot.jpg
Pip
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Lioconvoy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:36 pm

Interesting. I think the Smurth are Mamals too.

Hey Pip, are you still taking request?
The White Lion, still the same since May 20, 2003
Lioconvoy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Pip » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:10 pm

Yes and No. It's not that I don't want to take requests and draw pictures but my brain would probably pop if I did so. I have school assignments, tests, Kasumi's comic, all of life's normal junk, and the neverending pile of MSF High assignments (not that I don't love working on it). I expect to be done with this part of the MSF High project by January so maybe I'll be able to squeeze some outside pictures in then.
Thanks for asking though!
Pip
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Lioconvoy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:33 pm

I'd rather ask then force something on you.

Keep up the good work on the comic. Love to see you do more with Gaurdian if you ever find the time or motavation again.
The White Lion, still the same since May 20, 2003
Lioconvoy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Pip » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:09 am

One more picture to post for Jei's story. Jaimie has them all up on the submissions page (included the actual parts of Jei's story of course) as well but Jei asked me to post them on the boards too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Legion_Pip/Jei%20AE/MidnightVisit.jpg - Jei gave me all these details about what design should be on Surema's shirt, and then I pointed out that she had long hair and made Jei sad...
Pip
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Previous

Return to Creative Corner