Driven by punk rock, sour candy and insomnia~(Stellar's art)

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Christina Anikari » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Well for me it would more likely be that it disgusted me from the start. It is not a slight against Taco Bell as such, i just feel slightly uneasy just walking part a franchise fast food store. And the food in those just seem so unappealing to me. And really Pepsi products aren't that good. Too much like colored sugar water for my taste.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Arkain » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:04 pm

Yes, yes it is a slight against Taco Bell, which deserves it, at the very least for their inability to properly inspect their franchise points or actually produce good food. ;D

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:48 am

Here is a conversation you could easily turn into a comic:
Customer--Can I have a packet of honey?
Cashier--Why?
Cust--Why not? The customer is always right, and I demand honey!
Cash--This is Taco Bell, we don't have packets of honey.
Cust--The customer is always right! Give! Honey! Now!
Cash--Calm down, let's see if I can find some honey packets.
*Cashier walks the 5 feet to the KFC section of the restaurant, grabs some honey packets from a mountain of honey packets, walks back*
Cash--Looks like I found the last ones. Enjoy your honey-covered quesadilla.
Cust--Sweet! Oh, and do you have any mustard?

Granted, for a four panel comic it would have to be shortened a bit, but there are morons like that out there. This conversation was also translated into fast-food-ese from an actual experience of mine as a phone jockey.

BTW I like the stuff so far. I believe anyone who has worked in food service would enjoy it. To this day, I cannot stand a burger or sandwich I do not make myself.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Stellar » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:00 pm

It's been forever! I know. But I've been colaborating with a taco-peer and we have plans to start an awesome comic series. Because of this I've purchased a tone program to use with photoshop!

My first use of the program. It's very complicated stuff, but I'm getting the hang of it =D I just need to be less tired one of these days to work harder on it and get awesome etching brushes and such made so the shading is a little softer.
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

*Stellar picks up her pencil and pen once more*

Postby Stellar » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:39 pm

I only have one thing to share~

From IRC it's Kira and Stellar

^_^
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:53 pm

It's cute! And I note Kira is very strategically arranged, there. ;)
Last edited by Mistress Guendolen on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Stellar » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:42 pm

XD yea, I asked her what she was wearing when she sat on my head and shes like "nothing, like usual" Sooo~ It wasn't too difficult of an arrangment, and the pose kinda seems natural for sitting on someones head XD
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:55 pm

Yeah, it is, now you mention it. And the leg position does indeed look very natural. I thought you did well with the perspective there. Not to mention it hints at the truth while hiding the essentials. :)
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Stellar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Ahem *Stellar calls attention to all onlookers, who all instantly notice there is nothing to see in this post. Then what's going on, why Stellar is simply ressurecting her art thread with promise of things to come!* The Adventures of the Bell have evolved to include no copy righted material from a particular mexican themed fast food restraunt. I've done this so I can turn it into a webcomic and not get sued if there's ever a slim chance of making a profit.

It's going to have a different feel, a slightly different style, and not be restricted to four pannels. It is O-Kane. Which is japanese for 'bell' from the research i did, and like usual the 'o' preceeding it makes it polite or propper. Unfortunately all that means that everything from the Adventures of the Bell has been scrapped; the plot, the characters, and to my dismay the sauce T-T (Taco Bell is the only place that serves mild, hot and fire, and I just can't come up with an original three tacoish sauces that match the awesomeness of the talking Taco Bell packets).

I do gain several other things. The first and foremost is to be a little more realistic, and stick with things that have actually happened that are so ludicris that it's impossible to not find hysterical.

I'm trying my hardest to approach this a little professionally. I've got a few characters drawn out (usually i'd just create what they look like when they first appear in the comic but realized that's not exactly smart since I usually refine a character twice before finding a look that's consistent between drawing), I have the first three strips worked out with my 'cowriters', and we're bouncing around various ideas wether we want to keep it candid each strip or let a plot be introduced.

The only thing we really don't have is a server or a webpage. I don't like being blunt or asking for help, but is anyone savvy at web design and could get us started without having to pay anything? None of us are really willing to spend money since there's no telling how reliable I'll be at drawing one or two strips a week, or even if O-Kane would attract attention.

Hopefully my next post will have a sketch with it (or two, I actually forgot about something I drew several weeks ago for an rp with Kira).
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:10 pm

That sounds pretty cool Stellar. Good luck with it.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:36 pm

One of my friends has her web comic hosted on a place called Drunk Duck. I don't know anything about how to set up there, but it would be a good hosting location with ready-made visitors, if nothing else. I do know a thing or two about html, so I could always try to lend a hand there if possible. I can make graphics too, for a banner or whatever.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby SweetSophia » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Sophia knows quite a bit about Drunkduck, but it's fairly self explanatory once you get started. Once you register and do the whole registration E-Mail thing, there's a big tab that says "Create a Comic", you click it, choose the name, genre, rating etc, you choose a pre-made template so you don't have to deal with that pesky HTML jazz, though you can hook it up with that if you so desire. Uploading comics on there is pretty easy too. There's also Smackjeeves which operates very similar to Drunkduck, but with less frills and Comicgenesis. Comicgenesis requires your comic to be of a certain quality to be posted, you have to wait a month to see if you got in and they require you to provide your own web design although there are many people on the site who would help you. I stick to Drunkduck myself 'cuz it's pretty simplistic while being customizable enough.

And, don't worry about character design. Most people in comics actually refine their characters as they go along, as they get a better idea of who the character is and how their personality and response in situations reflects in their appearance. Plus, naturally as you have a semi-regular drawing schedule, you're going to improve so your characters may not look the same as their first appearance. And, if worse comes to worse and you hate the way your character looks you can always go back and change your old comics. Nothing's set in stone when you don't have an editor.

Trust me, Sophia is wise in the way of the webcomic.
The awakening of the mind gives way to a world of possibilities.
SweetSophia
MSFer
MSFer

Re: Images that escape the Stellar mind

Postby Stellar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Here we go~ I proudly present O-Kane!

The page layout is very boring right now >.> I'm gonna get to that. Thanks for reccomending Drunk Duck! it's got lots of helpful things that supplement my general html and css knowledge =)

Now I just need to get to work on the second strip and some page customization~
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Yay! Gotcha bookmarked! How often and on what days do you plan to update, so I know when to check back? Also, if you need any graphics done, just let me know. :)
Last edited by Mistress Guendolen on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:57 pm

(Accidental double post. Where is the delete function now?!)
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner