Guen's Brand-Sparkling New Art Thread!

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Guen's Brand-Sparkling New Art Thread!

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:05 pm

Hello there! I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and start up an art thread here. I've got a picture I finished last night in honor of the season that I wanted to share. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... lolita.jpg

She's wearing something akin to the "Gothic Lolita" style; I tried to sort of meld it with a bit of the Santa girl dress look. Hope you like it, and hope even more that you have a wonderful day. :)
Last edited by Mistress Guendolen on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Alex Vandar » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:28 pm

The legs look a little odd to me...

It's still a cute pic, though.
Alex Vandar
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:53 pm

Whoa cool Guen. I think Alex is right. the legs seem off. But other wise good.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:58 pm

I think that's because of how she's standing. I deliberately drew her with the feet turned in because it's a quintessential Gothic Lolita pose. Glad you like the rest of it, though. :)
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Alyta » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:43 pm

Looking good, Guen, though I think the legs might be a touch on the thin side. Apart from that it's a good pic, and she has a very nice, very cute expression. ^^
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:28 pm

Thank you! I'm still working on leg shapes. I always worry they look too thick. I want them to be realistic, but not too large. You know how it is. Hey, some anime girls have absolute pencil legs.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 pm

Hey, everyone! Got something more to show you! This has a story behind it. See, two weeks ago Anime News Network announced a contest to dream up the most cliched, stereotyped, hackneyed anime series premise you could, then present it to them as sincerely as possible.... With whatever support items alongside the basic plot summary you wanted. It's got a big prize package, once item of which is a deluxe boxed set of Trigun, which is of my favorite shows ever.... So I entered, got kind of carried away- and WON! I found out last night, and well, it absolutely floored me. I made all this stuff in the end because I was having so much fun doing it! I presented it in a fake fan site, making my own graphics, adopting an annoying teen fangirl voice, doing some art, and adding a few items to my Cafepress account for merchandise! Oh, and a guestbook with actual "entries," and a few "reviews." But I thought I'd post a link to the "gallery" here, as this is the art room and all. Here it is: http://www.stormpages.com/guendolen/cutie_gallery.html
Though if you want to just start at the beginning, go here: http://www.stormpages.com/guendolen/cutie_kat_home.html
I just sort of felt that you people here might get a kick out of this. Especially given certain character features. ;)
If you want to see the official announcement, go to http://www.animenewsnetwork.com and follow the "Ask Answerman" link, scrolling down to the bottom section. This has gotten an an insane response in the forum- heck, someone even went and did a fan art for this thing! But I'm very happy indeed, and wished to share the art aspect. Hope you like it. :)
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Christina Anikari » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:52 pm

Congratulations Guendolen. It was really well-made and even as a person who has fortunately avoided most of the bad anime that it is a parody of i can imagine just how it would be and the fake fansite style just makes it better. You really did a great job.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:56 pm

Thank you! I've actually avoided most of the bad stuff, too. I just keep an eye on what I've seen and read about and know what to look out for. I was grinning like an idiot the whole time I was dreaming this up....
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:04 am

Well, get a load of this! New art from me! Only my third image posted overall.... And this one is actually to do with something from the board. In case you've been following activity in the Freeform Roleplaying room- specifically on the Uniting All Catpeople thread- you'll have noticed that my persona there has entered into a relationship with Kaito's character there.... In fact, we're engaged, as evinced by the pre-prepared marriage certificate lurking in our signature sections. ;) **gestures down towards it** Well, I got inspired by that and an art book I got for my birthday, centering around the drawing of couples. I'd been wanting some models to practice this stuff, and when these two hooked up, it was too clear a mental image to resist.... So I did a little picture of our first kiss. Here it is!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... t_kiss.jpg

And here's the thread where it roots out of (hopefully on the page where the moment takes place, in fact), for those not involved in or reading said roleplay.
http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/messag ... &start=135

It's sort of awkward, I know, because I'm overall new to the whole "couple" image lay-outs. But I'm hoping to continue to improve. I'm already fiddling with one for my OTHER recently aquired roleplay boyfriend, in the "girl in the field" thread. They're going to be more challenging, given how their first kiss happened, but I'm hoping I can rise to the occasion. So you might see more art from me by next week. And if anyone has any coupledom requests for me to practice on, I'd be happy to give it a go in the name of artistic education. ;)
Last edited by Mistress Guendolen on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Sakura Fontis » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:10 am

That's AWESOME! And you got it done so quickly! Great job!

Now you might have to do one of you and Kaito walking down the aisle :wink: .
Sakura Fontis
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Location: By a pristine lake, looking up at the starry sky...

Postby Kaito » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:20 am

that is so good ^^
I wander the depths of the darkness ~ Kaito

accessorie1: Shounen Ai Badger Badge
accessorie2: Shoujo Ai Badger Badge
Kaito
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Kara-chan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:21 am

Cute~! Nyaa!
Offically married to Neige by Rabbi Musa.
Kara-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Anamnesis » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:19 am

Great Job!
I'm even ore confident about the next drawing, too! ^_^
Helel: It's not murder if the person is an idiot. <_<
<Helel> Zeiss is a god.
Anamnesis
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:05 pm

I'm considering doing one, actually.... Not sure yet, though. We'll see. By the way, I made a slight modification to the image. Nothing major, just added a hint of color to their cheeks. But it's updated, in case anyone's interested. Thanks for your feedback, one and all. Man, I've got to do more stuff like this, if it gets such a good response.... I wonder what'll happen when I actually get good at this sort of thing?

Sokka wrote:That's AWESOME! And you got it done so quickly! Great job!

Now you might have to do one of you and Kaito walking down the aisle :wink: .
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to Creative Corner