New Project: KARMA

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

New Project: KARMA

Postby griever_tantalus » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:37 pm

[[I've put Angelfire on hold again because it always seems to get out of hand when I plot it :P So I'm thinking of doing a - relatively - smaller project, starting it over the break, which will be in prose form but come in smaller bits. I might also look into audience partition at certain points, though I'm unsure how.

So here's a brief summary of the story (as I PMed to Zack when I was proposing it as a webcomic :P). Comments, volunteering for artwork or co-writing, or any degree of help is always welcome.]]

Title: Karma - The Return of Magic

Genre: Adventure, Action, Comedy, Romance... If you watch that new anime Shana it might trod over some of the same territory. (This story as well focuses on the dynamic of a pair of characters)

Setting: In the present day, in our modern world bereft of magic, a young musician named Lan wants nothing more than to form a band and make good music. But on the day his band breaks up, his life takes on a strange turn as he discovers a beautiful girl bathed in light - who promptly wakes up and puts a sword of flame to his throat. She's a girl of many surprises -
- not the least of which being that she wasn't always a girl.

Her name is Adran - PRINCE Adran ip' Zuvarios, greatest of the Five Knights of Ad'lanten - what we know as Atlantis. Turns out magic DID exist in the world in the past, but this magic was maintained by virtue of a ritual performed once every generation, in which a magical being known as the Maiden was reincarnated, in an eternal cycle, to charge the Three Artifacts with magical power, enabling the Artifacts in turn to ensure that magic continued to exist on Earth. However, in his era, Adran had ended up slaying the Maiden's true love - and in her rage and despair the Maiden had killed herself... and sent Adran's soul into the cycle of reincarnation in her place.

However, as the ritual was not completed in that generation, magic failed. Ad'lanten fell, and the process of reincarnating the new "Maiden" slowed to a trickle.

But now "she's" here... and stuck in her body until she can restore enough magic to the world to reverse the spell upon her. So now Adran - Adrienne - will need to find the long lost Artifacts and bring magic back to the world. And Lan is going to help her, whether he likes it or not...

[[So why do I think this will be easier to write than Angelfire? Because I'm dealing only with the Adran/Adrienne - Lan relationship, not with the 3 girls and 1 guy harem dynamic (especially since there's no "main" girl in AF :P)]]

[[Current Status: Have the first mini-episode done. Working on the overall outline which is about 60% done. I'll hash out how it all ends, then work backwards from there]]
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:46 pm

Sounds very interesting; good luck with it.
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby griever_tantalus » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:48 pm

Thanks :) My goal is one mini-episode per week, hopefully each or every other with a pic by someone, but even without I'll try to keep that schedule ^_^
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Christina Anikari » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:30 am

Definitely sounds interesting. I hope it all works out.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:35 pm

Sounds like it has a good bit of potential. I'd like to see how it turns out.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby griever_tantalus » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:43 pm

Thanks for the support you guys :) Should have the first mini - episode done by tomorrow...
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:07 am

It does sound interesting.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby griever_tantalus » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:55 am

First episode is up. ^_^ Note the short length -I'm hoping making them bite sized will make for easier reading, and more consistent writing. I'll post every new episode in the story thread and leave this for the comments :)
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Xia » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:19 am

see, I need to pay attention more while on break. time to give it a read over and see whats up :o
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby griever_tantalus » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am

And just in time for the second scene :) Dont forget to let me know what you think... I may be a tad rusty :P

Scene 3 is done already, but since I'm staggering the releases I'll post it on Christmas ^_^ I'm looking at a scene every 2-3 days - 1 a week at least...
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby SweetSophia » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:45 pm

I like how you wrote the last part of it. You're descriptions were very vivid and beautiful.
The awakening of the mind gives way to a world of possibilities.
SweetSophia
MSFer
MSFer

Postby griever_tantalus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:32 pm

Thanks :) I tried - I was introducing our second main character after all, and the catalyst of the entire thing. Of course while she may be beautiful her personality.... well, you'll see ^_^
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Thorn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:56 pm

Mooooore...neeeed Moooooooooooooooore
Huggbees!
Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby griever_tantalus » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:58 pm

And more it is :P Scene 7 is up. Sorry for the delay, midterms week, but should be slowly getting back on track.

This is the first Adran POV, so I hope her character comes off well. ^_^
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Arkain » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:21 pm

Hrm, I dunno about this one so much. It's pretty disjointed and it moves too quickly between scenes. No time to really take it in or linger.

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Next

Return to Creative Corner