Angel Fire: The Series: Episode 1a

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Angel Fire: The Series: Episode 1a

Postby griever_tantalus » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:58 am

((I'll be releasing the Episode in short posts every week or so. Won't give the episode a title until the end. Enjoy! Feedback always appreciated ^_^))

[] = Setting
{} = Sound effects
() = Description

[A black-haired young man stands atop a small hill, overlooking a thriving city, which spreads out before him like a carpet woven of two different fibers. In front of him, the weaver used rich cloth, and the West Side is full of light, and color, and -literally - magic. Comfortable houses with wide lawns being tended to by giggling faeries, and towards the horizon, New Downtown, with it's high glass towers already swirling with morning commuters and their flying vehicles.

Behind him, in stark contrast, the East Side squats like a toad in muddied water, wooden shacks leaning next to each other as if in weary mutual support. Uncollected trash lies on the street, or in somewhat neater piles that the poorest of the poor are forced to sift through.

But the boy's eyes lie not on the poverty behind nor the abundance before him. Instead he is looking at an old, venerable oak tree, and the initials carved therein.]

Boy: (reaching out his fingers to trace the first set of initials - "R.N.") ...

[The scene fades, and a new one comes into view. It is a campaign rally, in the open field within the campus of Sakura High School, banners waving from the rafters and posters being waved in the air. One name is emblazoned on all the paraphernalia, a name well-known to the students of Sakura High...]

[A bespectacled young man is speaking, one with the dignified bearing and smooth delivery of a practiced public-speaker...]

Young Man:... so without further ado, let me present to you our candidate for the Special Vice-Presidential elections. Topping the batch in academics, a member of more student organizations than I can count, kendo master and concert pianist - your friend and mine, (He swings an arm out wide) Reeeiji Nanizawa!

[The crowd goes wild, clapping and cheering enthusiastically as a brown-haired young man steps out onto the podium, waving with a practiced grace. He is above average in height, with the classical good looks that one would assume was a result of carefully selective breeding, high cheek bones and fine brows, with eyes that seemed to promise friendship to all whose gaze they met. He is wearing the school uniform, accented only by a chain around his neck holding a green teardrop gem, which catches the light enticingly as he begins his speech.]

Reiji Nanizawa: (voice filled with sincerity) Thank you... everyone. This... this is overwhelming for me. (he grins) You'd almost think I'd already won...

[The applause rises once more, as do chants of Reiji's name, and he pauses with a smile to let the noise die down before continuing.]

Reiji: (in a serious tone) Vice President Mizuno will be sorely missed, and while her transfer leaves a void in all our hearts, she also leaves behind rather large shoes to fill - and while I'd rather not wear heels *quite* as high as hers, (laughter from the audience) I promise you I will do my best to step in.

(He pauses dramatically and surveys the crowd.)

That is... if you'll let me?

[The crowd responds with a resounding raor of approval, and the chanting of his name drowns out anything else that Reiji might say. Not everyone is ecstatic though, and a small group of students stand a bit away from the crowd, glaring at Reiji, though their hands give him perfunctory applause.]

Boy: (in a growling whisper) Uppity bastard...

Boy 2: That slot should have gone to you Marori, not some wet-behind-the-ears junior.

[The boy referred to merely adjusts his glasses and smiles grimly.]

Marori: Just keep clapping boys... Good things come to those who wait. And I can wait a looong time if it means giving Golden Boy his due...

[Reiji has begun to answer questions from the audience. A voice is raised in question, though Reiji can't make out the source in the crowd.]

Female Voice: That's a lot of promises Mr. Nanizawa. Do you plan to keep all of them?

Reiji: Of course, of course I - well, I can't very well promise to keep my promises can I? But if you take a look at my track record as Batch Representatives, you'll see that I do keep my promises.

Voice: Oh? I can recall one of hand that you haven't kept.

Reiji: (taken aback) Ah.. which one would that be?

Voice: The one by the tree up by Watchtower Hill...

Reiji: (mouth open in shock) Wha-

Voice: "Friends Forever" remember?

Reiji: (squinting into the crowd) Who are you? (he whispers intensely, but is distracted by the announcer coming back onstage)

Announcer: Well that's all the time we have today... Let's hear it once more for *your* Vice President, Reiji Nanizawa!

[The crowd roars once more, but Reiji isn't listening, eyes showing his thoughts are far away from that place and time...]
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Return to Creative Corner