[Setting creation] FukuCorp Clothes that change you

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

[Setting creation] FukuCorp Clothes that change you

Postby Eri Anikemi » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:29 am

Hey folks. Long time back before a lot of board drama happened, there was a setting creation thing, working on making a universe/setting/writing bible for the universe that Yumi Kimura created which had the effect that if you wear certian clothes, you assume the role the clothes are designed to create.

I went looking, and not supringly the topic is long gone. But I've got a new interest in setting bibles, and I'd like to try and recreate the setting. As well as perhaps grow it if anybody has neat ideas they'd like to throw into the pot. Jump in if you got ideas, or remember elements, and I'll keep trying to add them to the setting as it goes. If nobody comments in a week or so, then I'll take the topic down and solidify what I have into a firm setting bible.
Last edited by Eri Anikemi on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When dreamers are criticized for their dreams, the world is lessened. When dreamers are forced from their dreams, worlds are destroyed.
Powers of darkness, become those of light, goddess fill my hand with blessed silver light!
Eri Anikemi
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Eri Anikemi » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:31 am

So here's the actual setting bible which will be edited as we go.

Assumptions
There will be a lot of tf in this universe. Either intentinally or unintentionally. Gender flip, animal, all kinds of things, but mostly gender flip.
Violence is common, but death is rare.
Over the top special effects are extrodinarly common, and quite often have a glowy light show assoiated with them.

There's a definate 'good corp'/'bad corp' feel to the universe. FukuCorp tries to make right, MolochCo just tries for a quick buck.

The MultiVerse
There's a lotta worlds out there. FukuCorp and MolochCo are fighting for profit share in an almost infinite multiverse of worlds.

Organizations/Businesses
The Big Two.
Fuku Corp: Runs thier business on the slow and steady method. Good customer support, works to help thier customers, wants stablity. Uses the philosophy of enlightened self interest to make sure that thier customers are very happy, will stay happy, and will keep buying FukuCorp. (They can't buy FukuCorp if they're dead... long life == more buying of FukuCorp products!) Like most companies, they're not flawless or perfect, they make mistakes, and sometimes seem to be utterly hartless and ruthless.
:Goals: FukuCorp wants to make good products, and right now is in hte process of sending out "beta" products to other universes and potentail buyers, hoping to do some market research. sometimes the products wind up in the wrong hands...

MolochCo: "We make it. For you." Makes all kinds of things, and doesn't care how they get the cash, as long as they do. Tends to be very short sighted and long winded.
:Goals: Money and power. They're shipping out deliberatly 'defective' products, which tend to do nasty things like turn you into a monster if a FukuCorp product shows up. Hunt down and kill the owner, and shred the clothes.

Things
Sarka Cloth: Material made from crystalized polymer pseudo science. Stores, amplifies, and releases Chi energy in the wearer. Can "copy" the attributes of a given wearer, or be molded to match a special use. Sarka Cloth can alter the chi flows in the wearer, which is supposed to result in a skill/attribute boost to the wearer.

Sarka cloth also has the side effect that if it has to alter the chi flow of the wearer too violently, the wearer will be physically transformed. The effects wear off when the clothing is taken off, but if worn many times or for a long period of time, the chi flows in the wearer become permenatly bent. (stuck as a magical school girl). Long term use of sarka cloth also can 'bend' the mental chi flows as well, giving peraonlity alterations, though this is less common.

Sarka cloth is most commonly patterend on the base of martial arts masters, or very healthy people. While chi flows are enhanced by Sarka cloth, the user will enjoy the benfits of martial arts masters. Longer life, healthier, resistant to damage and disease... etc etc.

ChiTech: The pseudo science explination for why everything works in this world. Manipulation and alteration of the flow of life force in the world.
When dreamers are criticized for their dreams, the world is lessened. When dreamers are forced from their dreams, worlds are destroyed.
Powers of darkness, become those of light, goddess fill my hand with blessed silver light!
Eri Anikemi
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:21 am

Well, if these products are going to be sent throughout the multiverse, perhaps there should be police monitoring certain universes that aren't ready (shouldn't have) these products, less it throws a universe too far ahead of itself and out of whack, perhaps into self-destruction in the pursuit of the study and discovery of new science and technology through study and utilization of said products? (Can't make a profit with potential customers dying on you.) So, in such cases as the owner of the product has it stolen, the police step in and (as silently as possible) confiscate the product to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

However, being as there are as many of these universes as there are, even a police force of cloned officers (think of all of the Jenny's in Pokemon (and I know they're not clones... I think <.<)) can't always be there to take care of something when it initially goes wrong. Or even when things progressively do start to go wrong. So, once it's out of the owners's hands, the product can be confiscated by the police to prevent something wrong from happening (that could cost the corporation selling the product). But in more advanced universes, where such things are more easily recognized for what they are, and familiar with what they can do, police wouldn't be needed since the sentient beings in those universes probably already have something in their system to help prevent accidents and problems that can be potentially caused by them. Also, these police would wear camouflage, to appear invisible to normal eyesight and avoid being noticed by less-advanced organizations that would cause them trouble simply through investigation (think of Ghost in the shell).

And I want to toss in some multi-universal regulations set by some form of government for all of the companies that do multi-universal business, that would enforce the use of police and other things for the betterment of these businesses. But (like Eri suggested to me), it's probably just better that the corporations hire their own police to protect their products, dependability and reputation; either from being lost (save more if you can recycle/reuse), having your competition intercept or otherwise prevent the product from reaching its customer on-time (or at all), having your competition switch the product with a defective one and/or one that doesn't grant the desired effect/use, and general damage-control in universes where handling the "simpler" sentient beings brings more prestige since it's much harder work.

Eri also suggested a police war, if there were to be police. Starting from the wariness of any underhanded dealing with competition, until such things happened and both sides began to try and one-up each other in both preventative measures and tricks and hits against each other's products. And stuff. *Tosses these things into STUFF*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Meru » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:22 pm

Of course, there may also be another inter-dimensional group countering the police, who believe that all people should be able to benefit from these items. These would be the people diverting packages to worlds that normally cannot get them.
"Taking advantage of male pattern baldness is about as low as you can get! I won't allow it!"-Croix from La Pucelle
Meru
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:32 pm

One small correction: It was Yumi Kimura, the originator of magicalsailorfuku.com, who created that universe. Any of the sitegoers from that era can back me up on this, I'm sure.

Other than that, looks great! I'll be watching to see how this develops.
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Skyblue » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:17 am

I remember parts of this universe. I actually had my first free form rp at msf based in it. Most of the stuff I remember is already mentioned except for the fact that there was some sort of available travel, similar to passenger ships between the connected dimensions. Also it was expensive so only those with serious cash could get about. I also remember the main dimension that houses the companies to be riddled with random rifts. Often spewing out unwilling travelers who end up trapped in said dimension due to being unable to afford travel out. I also vaguely remember MolochCo using anthromorph based TF's in their products, mainly used by security...or some such...
I am be wrong though and all this is just some dizzy dream I vaguely remember.
All swords have a spirit, a True swordsman knows this is the first step to true mastery.
Character Page: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14864
Skyblue
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Arkain » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:44 am

Not to put a needle in anyone's bubble or anything, but...hasn't this been done a lot before?

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:59 am

I can probably guess what you mean, but when you think about it, the chances of doing something never done before is very slim nowadays (especially in the area of ideas and roleplay; some things are done to death); what with all the Internet activities and such. The best one can do in that case is to give the same food a unique flavor. That's what we have here... What are the chances of these products that are made by FukuCo and MolochCo, that deliver across the multiverse, of existing somewhere else in or out of the Internet? How about combined? It really can't be helped if someone does something done before, because that's how stuff happens.

So, I say: enjoy the unique touch! *_* Or somesuch. ^_^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Eri Anikemi » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:55 am

Arkain wrote:Not to put a needle in anyone's bubble or anything, but...hasn't this been done a lot before?

Uhm... not to put too fine a point on it.. but yes it has been done before. In fact, -exactly this setting- has been done before. I've lost it, and all record of it from the boards and have no archives of it... hence, I'm trying to recreate it. I liked it, and had a few story ideas set in it, so I'm trying to create a setting bible in case anybody else likes it. If they don't, then they don't have to read any stories, or write any. Or read the setting bible either for that matter.
Eri Anikemi
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Erick Guardian » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:53 pm

Personally, I'm all for seeing this one get picked up again and run with. I loved the original story, and I think there is alot of potential here.
"When you're the last man standing and packing nukes, you don't NEED experiance points!"
- Brain VanHoose
Erick Guardian
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Skyblue » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:00 am

bumping this thread
All swords have a spirit, a True swordsman knows this is the first step to true mastery.
Character Page: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14864
Skyblue
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Lucky » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:01 pm

Just a thought but. But whould happen if you "mixed" items. Like wear wear shoes that turn you into a butifull dancer (Female TF effect) and the general hat that gave the wearer better stragic prowless (Male TF effect)

Just a silly idea realy.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Shuuko Nadeshiko » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:28 pm

shuuko believes that the clothing is always in sets-desu so you can't mix and match desu... if you could some of the results wouldn't be pretty desu.
shuuko likes lots of things but shuuko favorites are smiting and candy-desu!

Fear the DESU-DESU!!
Shuuko Nadeshiko
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Location: robbing all the local candy stores and sugar factories

Return to Creative Corner