Idea

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Idea

Postby KamakaziMechoNoid » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:03 pm

I know alotta people are around here, maybe some might help me. I'm requestion 2 good character names for a story, both female names, for a girl and an adult.
KamakaziMechoNoid

Postby Jayme » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:04 pm

well girl and adult female, ultimately equal the same thing, for when a girl ages she will be an adult anyway... take for instance

Elizabeth, when Elizabeth is a girl they may call her Lizzy, when she gets older, she may vouch to be called Elizabeth for that more mature tone of the name.... but in this case im suggesting Elizabeth as the Girl... so Elizabeth, Lizzy, Liz, etc <.< whichever for that one

Donna for the adult, im not sure why, I just like the name Donna for adult women, again dunno why ^_^;;
Girl Gamer! & Black Dragon!

Current Projects: Siderian Realm, Mirror Realm, Photobucket Project 26? (lost track), 3 mystery projects, sorting out my characters..
Jayme
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: A realm of mirror sitting on my throne observing...

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:16 pm

Well, I think we might need to know a bit more about the character(s) for coming up with a name. After all, there's not too many Arabian girls named Sakura, nor Chinese girls named Latisha.

Do you have a prefered ethnicity for the names? Do they have to be valid names, or in a fictional setting where you/we can make up names. Often, in stories, names are chosen because they fit the character, something we generally don't have the priviledge of doing in 'real life.' After all, the name "Katherine Victoria Glenn" conjures up a different image than "Betty Sue Monroe," and so on.

A good reference would be various baby names sites (like this one), especially ones that allow you to search by meanings, or syllable count, and so on. For example, Elizabeth means "Consecrated to god," but so do many other names, like Talisa, Kristen, or Elspeth. Unfortunately, a good many of the baby name sites are very west-european centric, meaning there's not much for Slavic, Asiatic, or Polynesian names...
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

characters

Postby KamakaziMechoNoid » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:24 am

ummm, a TG link form OoC and WW. don't ask why, I'm not one to post a spoiler.
KamakaziMechoNoid

Return to Creative Corner