Help With a New Story: Interesting Character Personalities

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Help With a New Story: Interesting Character Personalities

Postby griever_tantalus » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:42 am

While Im gratified to see there were at least a few people who were interested in Angel Fire, which I do hope to continue some time, I thought it might be best to try laying the groundwork as well for the possible new story, and I thought Id begin by asking some feedback from you guys.

The question is this: What male personality types would make interesting transformees? What type of guy character in other words, would be interesting as a TGed girl?

For example, some I already have from Angel Fire would be:

(a) Serious and Responsible, Worrier Leader-Type
(b) Sporty, Playboy Jock-Type
(c) Angry, Violent Fighter Type

Any other character type siggestions I could employ in this new tale? There will be even more transforemees in this one, and it would be cool if I could make each one distinct yet interesting. ^_^
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:21 am

HMMMM!! *Thinks* Well your main charecter could be considered the normal guy at least in personality if not fatalistic one.

A good transformee. Good transformee. HMMMM Well the of course brain is normal, but I think what everyone would consider as the nice guy, who tries to be rational, but doesn't make it apart of his life would do. He'd be a good rock within the points of chaos that the other three seem to be. Not to mention the whole, why aren't you panicing feeling between the others could work some drama. Aka someone who won't go insane with the transformation, but would still think it wasn't pleasant. Something along those lines.

Or at least that's a recommendation. Take it as ya will.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:20 am

I've found that the normal everyday guy works best for me. It's always fun to have that insane girl that helps them learn to be a girl. If you really want to know what I mean check out my www button on the bottom of this post. When I write stories I always find this form the easiest.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Sakraida82 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:59 pm

Well see the question is, what's a normal guy? See that's why I said someone whose not exactly in groups but not exactly a loner. If someone were to be asked what he's like. He's oh that guy. Don't know much. Keeps to himself, does a few extracarriculars, but sideline I guess.

Cause that person wouldn't be as inclined to have spasms.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Xia » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:22 am

it really depends on the type of story thats being written

While to an extent the characters make the story...the story also does help make the characters.

after that bit of rambling from a very tired X, I now insert obligatory request for AngelFire asap. ^__^

that being said, what about the simple warrior type? The kind that has his/her set of values and principles, and these values and principles are the core of his/her's entire life. He/She lives and dies by these things.

But then again, I am a sucker for those kinds of characters, just like I am a sucker for storys about Angels and the lone Heros

ciao
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Sakraida82 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:53 pm

Xia haven't you read his story yet? *Blinks* That's the story we're talking about.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:21 am

Hrm... I'd say, someone who's a bit carefree and absent-minded, tends to jump to conclusions because of his somewhat short attention span, and his bark is worse than his bite until things get desperate (in other words, becomes a coward when the pressure's on, but will fight for his life if he needs to).
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby griever_tantalus » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:17 pm

*laughs* THanks for the help guys. Really though, Im stuck nowadays - not because of a lack of ideas, but because of too many of them @_@ Vacillated from a Fantasy story, to continuing AngelFire, to a school-based powers story, back to a Fantasy one... I need to settle on one @_@
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:54 am

Finish Angelfire. If ya go to a new one and then another you get sidetracked. I have this problem all the time. So what I do is leave my computer on and only keep one story on the board so I HAVE to finish it before moving onto another.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Wed May 11, 2005 5:44 pm

griever_tantalus wrote:*laughs* THanks for the help guys. Really though, Im stuck nowadays - not because of a lack of ideas, but because of too many of them @_@ Vacillated from a Fantasy story, to continuing AngelFire, to a school-based powers story, back to a Fantasy one... I need to settle on one @_@
Hah! I know all about how that is...

The trouble I have, though, is when I start putting ideas down in tangible form, they're no longer as interesting as they were in my head... ^^;
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Return to Creative Corner