Taking limited requests

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:45 pm

That's odd that they wouldn't let them be seen. Maybe it was just the time of day you accessed Photobucket, it gets server headaches every so often, so I recommend trying again later perhaps ^^.

Well I visit El Goonish Shive forums, Keenspot and the Webcomic Forums one, I used to use the latter a lot a long time. Maybe that's what you've seen me?

If Photobucket is still giving you issues, maybe I can e-mail the images?
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:45 am

Your friend is working on toy?
The White Lion, still the same since May 20, 2003
Lioconvoy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sword » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:07 am

Something like that...
A rough Pencil of Akemi. It's the only scan I got before the Scanner gave out.

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/darkswords/Akemi.html
Sword
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Vierge » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:08 am

:shock: that's a great Akemi! Kudos on the nice work... Wha? your scanner broke down? That's terrible... !_!
I guess the Chinese year has begun already?
Vierge
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Coruscate » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:32 am

Hey that's an excellent Akemi pic. To be honest, I was not to impressed by your example pics, but you've pulled well ahead with this picture, if you had guest posted as someone else I wouldn't have known they were done by the same artist. Hopefully your scanner problems are over soon.

(Note to other artists with easily bruised egos : Just like I haven't been up to speed in the story or caption room, it'll be a while before I'm up to speed here. So... if I haven't said anything about your stuff don't sweat it.)
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ninian » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:45 am

AWWW YEAH!

Sugoi! You caught me at my best!

Thanks a thousand-grand! XD
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sword » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:46 am

Kougetsu Kanchou wrote:Hey that's an excellent Akemi pic. To be honest, I was not to impressed by your example pics, but you've pulled well ahead with this picture, if you had guest posted as someone else I wouldn't have known they were done by the same artist. Hopefully your scanner problems are over soon.

(Note to other artists with easily bruised egos : Just like I haven't been up to speed in the story or caption room, it'll be a while before I'm up to speed here. So... if I haven't said anything about your stuff don't sweat it.)

The examples are done in a requested style. And are the only ones I have left in the site (I delete them as they get posted)

Also, it's just in pencil. It will look much nicer in pen.
Sword
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ninian » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:44 am

Also, it's just in pencil. It will look much nicer in pen.

Even in pencil, if I were home I'd avatarize it and finally retire Tomo (who, anyone has to admit, was doing a kickasgard showing my sort of exuberance and introspection)
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sword » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:55 am

Go nuts. It's yours after all. I should be finished with the ink later today.
With some luck, I can replace the scan bulb (It's an old scanner).
BTW, your not at home?
Sword
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ninian » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:18 am

Nah, I'm at school right now. I surf sites while the teacher drones ^_^ (Yeah, I'm not the best of students)

As for the examples... First impression was lukewarm (mostly due to the colors) but on reflection I'm impressed with your ability to do perspective and poses. You also seem particularly talented in giving characters personality in expression. Some artists -- I'd almost say "most" -- struggle with capturing expressions. That's going to do you a lot of good if you're pursuing an artistic career.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sword » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:41 am

Akemi wrote:Nah, I'm at school right now. I surf sites while the teacher drones ^_^ (Yeah, I'm not the best of students)

What grade? I'm currently in a Community Collage .

As for the examples... First impression was lukewarm (mostly due to the colors)

I used MS paint. Not the best of programs :D
but on reflection I'm impressed with your ability to do perspective and poses. You also seem particularly talented in giving characters personality in expression. Some artists -- I'd almost say "most" -- struggle with capturing expressions. That's going to do you a lot of good if you're pursuing an artistic career.

I never had trouble with it. Most "Artists" I met in school tend to trace and copy, so they don't try to show the emotions and such. They preffer to show off rips of any number of animes. Mostly DBZ. And they never have more than arrogant smirks or yelling maniacs.

Oh, and I'm not going for a career in art. I'm doing computer programming. I specialize in game animation. But I need to draw them in order to animate them.

Here are a couple animations I did for a fan made Shining Force

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/darkswords/AttAnim.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/darkswords/BigAnim.html
Sword
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Alex Vandar » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:11 pm

Oooooo~

Nice Akemi. ^^

Sucks about your scanner, though. Guess I'll hafta be a bit more patient on my request. ^^
Alex Vandar
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:19 pm

Sword wrote:I used MS paint. Not the best of programs :D

O.O *gives Sword a round of applause* Wow...I didn't know anyone could do something so cool with MS Paint. That's just amazing.

The animations are absolutely fabulous too ^^ I like blinking things.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sword » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:03 am

It's not easy ;)

Check the link again to see an inked version of it (Unaltered form)

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/darkswords/Akemi.html
Sword
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Cutey Kerina » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:06 pm

That's so frickin' awesome. Now just draw a couple thousand more of them and color and we've got "Akemi-chan the Anime" ^^ (kidding) But that is totally on part with anime series quality art. *bows humbly to the art of Sword*

Btw, are the links I put up previously working now? I fiddled with them a little. If not give me your e-mail and I'll send them.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner