First Floor Map of a Callous Manor

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

First Floor Map of a Callous Manor

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:38 pm

The map in question is here.

In my RP sessions with Ookalf, it's a running joke that Circe's Manor is large enough that newcomers will get lost without their own atlas (and similar lines). Out of boredom about 3-4 years back, I decided to work with my character Callous a bit and give her something related.

For those not in the know (most likely all of you), Callous is an alternate-universe fusion of Circe and one of my characters, Callista. Of course, no person who is half would-be supervillain would go without having a gargantuan headquarters of his/her own, hence the picture linked above. Here's a bit of what I remember about the place.

After scanning the picture, I added a blue line above Area #19. That line indicates where the second floor's west-most wall would be.

The filled-in circle below Area #14 is a spiral staircase leading up to the second floor. More standard stairwells are found near Areas #32 and #35 for convenience's sake, and are the only ones leading to the manor's basement and subbasement. There is also a service elevator directly in front of the Manor's east entrance.

Any rectangles divided up into squares mark where the servants' quarters are; look to the right of Area #9 for an example.

There are three areas on the map that are crosshatched (left and right of #23, hallways surrounding Area #37). Those are marked to indicate "chaos architecture", meaning that there's no way of knowing beforehand what will be in those sections on a given day. Could be a museum, could be a pool hall, could be a children's playground, could be anything.

The rooms in the Manor are not drawn according to scale. Back then, I had no idea what the approximate size of an NHL hockey rink was and just took my best guess. Area #17 (in the lower left portion of the map) is meant to represent one of these rinks, complete with seats (yes, you read that right). Taking into account the fact that there are 30 feet worth of seats on all sides, the room is approximately 260 feet long and 145 feet wide.

• Going back and measuring the entire Manor, this would mean that---brace yourselves---Callous's manor is around 1,700 feet long and 888 feet wide, not counting Areas #18, #19, and #29.

For the first floor alone, Callous employs a maximum of 204 people to keep the place clean (or at the very least organized).

For the vast majority of marked Areas, I can't recall what they were used for. #11 is the floor's library, #17 is (as noted above) the hockey arena, #29 is the greenhouse where Color fruits are cultivated, and #34 is made up of guest rooms. For everything else, your guess is as good as mine.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: First Floor Map of a Callous Manor

Postby Ookalf » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Nice... Seems like you put some thought into this!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:51 pm

As far as the building's measurements go, as far as me actually working on Callous's stuff is concerned, or what? :?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Oh, uh, I dunno. I guess I just think it's neat that you planned this all out... I mean, I've never tried to do anything like this for Circe's Manor, myself...

...I guess. Ugh, I'm bad with words...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Eh, don't worry about it. Words have never been my strong suit, either. 8) And in all fairness, it's probably a good thing you haven't. I mean, if there were definitive limits to the size of Circe's manor, I wouldn't be able to do that joke anymore. >^_^<

In Callous's case, the fact that she's meant to be an occasional visitor and not a Muffinville-based personality gave me some leeway. There's some fun to be had in developing minor characters, fleshing out their personalities and showing a bit of what goes on behind the scenes. I mean, look at Ambush; before I ever started writing fanfiction or going to the Villes, he was a powerless low-tier gag character and nothing more.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Ah, I gotcha... I've kinda done the same thing, writing background stuff for things I don't know if I'll ever use for anything...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Creative Corner