[Cards] Muffin: The Gathering

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

[Cards] Muffin: The Gathering

Postby Just some lady » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Righto~. ^^ for my own personal amusement, I've spent the last ten months or so slowly making an MSF (mostly Muffin Room) based set of Magic cards. If you're a fellow player, or just interested in seeing what I came up with, they are available to peruse here.
I've shared this, or at least a bit of it with a number of you already, but for those that I haven't, if you look through here and find a reference to a character of yours or something that you do not like, please feel free to contact me and I will get it out of the set as soon as I can.

On the flipside however, I should note that this is probably not a comprehensive, or even an entirely modern look at the Muffinverse or MSF. That is to say, that the characters and whatnot featured herein a, by and large, my own, or ones that I am fairly familiar with, to the point where I had ideas for cards of them. if you're not featured in here, please don't take offense to it--it just means that I couldn't think of anything for a card, is all.

That said...I'm something of a magic nerd, so I spent a lot of time trying to make it so that the power levels, balance, and the color pie composition would be as close in line to that of actual magic cards as I could get it. ^^ I'd like to give special thanks to Kaizer, Nosnits, Knight Errant, Mendo, and Dracos for the time that they spent helping me to check for typos, and for power balance in the set. ^^

If other people are interested in actually playing with these cards, there is actually a method to do it over the internet. I can post a FAQ on how to do that or something should this be the case.

Also, as a matter of course, I should note that I own neither the art on these cards, nor the card or game design: The art was taken mostly from Safebooru and google image searches, and the game is from Wizard's of the Coast. Along with that, most of the card format and whatnot is also from WotC designs (made usable by me via Magic Set Editor 2), and the remaining bits of actual card design, (most notably the 'Violet' cards) were made by the custom magic card tinkerers behind that same program.
The actual ideas behind the cards of course, are largely inspired by the Muffin Room, and to a lesser extent IRC and MSF in general, and one card in particular--'Princessify'--was actually made from suggestion from Ameph est Tako.
Lastly, given this resurgence of people interested in the Eternal business and whatnot lately, I should also not e that there are a few cards involving ovalisks in the set. These are based off of Muffin Room-related business, and may be pretty far removed from whatever it is that they mean in relation to the whole eternal scheme of things or whatever, so just fair warning if they are not what you lot have come to expect of ovalisks or whatever. ^^ I'm not looking particularly to offend.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Re: [Cards] Muffin: The Gathering

Postby Helel » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 am

Excordis Caprice wrote:... ^^ I'm not looking particularly to offend..

Unfortunately, that one black period at the end of your post offends me, Caprice. :O

But seriously, I always have a laugh when I look through your set of cards, and they remind me a lot of previous attempts at people making MSF Magic cards. So for anything that's interested in Magic the Gathering, you should definitely check them out. If you're not- do it anyways, you ought to get a good laugh out of some of these. :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Zoey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:14 am

I wonder where you got the name from the set from?

*Awesome face*
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:00 am

Awesome!

I was kinda hoping for one of Bore....Oh well. I might have an idea about that though.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:09 am

the lack of shadell cards unfortunately didn't give me ammo to get him to start posting again.. other than that awesome.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Just some lady » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Communist Pink wrote:Awesome!

I was kinda hoping for one of Bore....Oh well. I might have an idea about that though.

Heheheh~. ^^ I was gonna do one of him, and make him a snow creature an' everything, but I'm just not familiar enough with him/couldn't think of a good mechanic to express being superRussian. ^^ It's not impossible I'll make a second set at some point though...

Lian wrote:the lack of shadell cards unfortunately didn't give me ammo to get him to start posting again.. other than that awesome.

Glad you like them~. Though I will have to ponder what I would do for Dell. Hmmm~~
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Musashi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 am

EEEEEEEEEE!!!! Great job, Caprice! X3

I was looking through and thinking "Where's Adam? She's gotta have Adam." AND THERE WAS ADAM! And his squeakbark!

And and and ME! And and BISHIES!

*Does a happy dance <3*
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Creative Corner