[Writing] Apocalypse

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

[Writing] Apocalypse

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Okay, here's a premise of the universe that these tales will take place in. It probably needs some work, since I'm pretty distracted and biting off more than I can chew at the moment (with all of the things I'm trying to juggle), but it should do for now. Sooner rather than later, hopefully, I'll be pooping out the first of some unknown number of stories. It's an open universe, so others are welcome to post stories for this universe, too.

What? I'm not selfish. If you're inspired, who am I to snuff out your fire?

Discussion is fine, of course. I'll be linking what I write off-site, and I suggest that others use links as well, even if it's to a topic in this very forum. Well, assuming that anyone besides myself decides to write something in this universe.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Many people believe that, at some point and time in the future, there will be a reckoning. Those who have led bad lives will be taken to a place of punishment, while those who have led good lives will be taken to a place of reward. Views of what to expect in either case varies, even for those who have learned of what to expect from the exact same source. There are also many names associated with the time of the final judgment, such as "Armageddon", the "Rapture", and the "Apocalypse." For most, this means the end for the reign of evil, and of all things bad and imperfect.

However, only a few truly understood what to expect when the Apocalypse finally arrived. Mankind, for thousands of years, had lived in fear of the unknown, trying to make sense out of their world, and their place in it. For all of their efforts, they constructed a reality filled with lies and deception, and adopted it as the truth despite their beliefs being based on faith instead of fact. Even their best effort to rationalize their world, with the use of science, failed to enlighten them to the truth. In fact, it only led them further astray.

The Apocalypse was, as it turned out, just the next step in something far bigger than could ever be imagined by the human mind. The trials and tribulations of humanity was self-inflicted, because they didn't understand what they were supposed to do with themselves; or if they were meant to do anything at all, one way or the other. In the end, humanity became more proficient and imaginative in escaping their woes, and more and more people escaped as they made their own lives too hard to handle for extended periods of time. This was what ultimately triggered the Apocalypse.

"Apocalypse" is Greek, and means "lifting of the veil." Its purpose is to enlighten, not to judge, destroy or rescue. It accomplished this by making humanity's many escapes a reality. Things out of books, movies, video games and folklore, as well as common dreams, fantasies and nightmares, were brought to life; whatever enough people yearned for, they got it. The world, Earth, was changed in the process, to accommodate many new lands. And science was reduced to being helpful instead of necessary, because reality somehow followed different rules simultaneously. Much of mankind was initially changed, but the bulk of new races, creatures, objects and things appeared out of thin air.

Now, humanity, such as it is now, is in much of the same condition as before: trying to make sense of the world around them, and their place in it. Who's to say what makes sense, and what doesn't? Was life any better now that their escapes were made a reality? And what could they expect now, since their belief of an "end of days" was proven to be wrong? These questions and more await those who live in the days of the Apocalypse.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Apocalypse

Postby all_knowing_frog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:55 pm

ooooh, that's a nice set up there
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Re: [Writing] Apocalypse

Postby Blaze » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:32 am

Very nice indeed~

Can't wait to see the follow up.

And there will be one.

WON'T THERE NIKKOU? U.U
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes, of course. Slowly but surely. I have quite a few stories already planned, though that's a bit of a problem because I'm trying to figure out which one to start off with. XD;;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 am

With the one you want to write most obviously.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:50 am

You should know, by now, how indecisive I am. All I can do is wait for some whimsical impetus to start one of them. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Creative Corner