[Writing] Story Help?

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

[Writing] Story Help?

Postby all_knowing_frog » Mon May 17, 2010 10:49 am

I would really like to add more to the site then just with rps and such, and I tend to make little stories all the time. But lately I've been kind of at a loss as to what to do exactly, and I was wondering if you guys could give me hand.

First: I normally do Loli tfs for these kind of things, but I was wondering if I should do something else, to 'expand my horizons'.

Second: Should I add some form of stereotype to the tf, and if so what?

Third: should people except that they are who they are? I'm not going to do reality change, because that takes out part of the challenge of being changed.

Finely: should I add something to the change? Like catgirl or something.

Again this is because I can't decide, so I'd REALLY like an opinion.
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Re: Story Help?

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue May 18, 2010 1:16 am

Well, it's kind of difficult without any context. All we can do is say what we like and, since our tastes differ, it's not going to be very helpful in your decision. ;p Be that as it may, I'll see what I can come up with.

First: I normally do Loli tfs for these kind of things, but I was wondering if I should do something else, to 'expand my horizons'.

I wouldn't worry about this just yet. Since you've yet to do so here, just start out by writing what you're familiar with, then decide where to go from there. Loli TFs are fine by me, anyway.

Second: Should I add some form of stereotype to the tf, and if so what?

Well, it'd be difficult not to write something stereotypical. I think the problem is trying to avoid writing something like that. :P The best way to know, however, is to write something and see what kind of reaction you get. I mean, it's more than just the stereotype, but also how it's presented and used in the story that matters, too. So, while, in one case, the stereotype would be acceptable, the same stereotype could be unacceptable in another case.

Third: should people except that they are who they are? I'm not going to do reality change, because that takes out part of the challenge of being changed.

Unless they wanted to change genders in the first place, I'd say that they shouldn't. Of course, one of the few exceptions would depend on the person's personality, and how and what they care about. That said, if the focus is how a person is changed, and how they deal with it, acceptance should be gradual, at the very least. If the focus is how it affects others, or reality itself, then it's not much of a concern.

Finely: should I add something to the change? Like catgirl or something.

Wait, isn't that a change, itself? :P Well, if you're really not sure what you want the end result to be, make a poll and let others decide. Majority rule! Woo!

I hope that helps, somewhat.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 am

Ya, after posting this it occured to me that I should have probably just put a pole up.

Mitera Nikkou wrote:I wouldn't worry about this just yet. Since you've yet to do so here, just start out by writing what you're familiar with, then decide where to go from there. Loli TFs are fine by me, anyway.

OK, Loli all they way!

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Well, it'd be difficult not to write something stereotypical. I think the problem is trying to avoid writing something like that. The best way to know, however, is to write something and see what kind of reaction you get. I mean, it's more than just the stereotype, but also how it's presented and used in the story that matters, too. So, while, in one case, the stereotype would be acceptable, the same stereotype could be unacceptable in another case.

That occured to me after I'd posted this...

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Unless they wanted to change genders in the first place, I'd say that they shouldn't. Of course, one of the few exceptions would depend on the person's personality, and how and what they care about. That said, if the focus is how a person is changed, and how they deal with it, acceptance should be gradual, at the very least. If the focus is how it affects others, or reality itself, then it's not much of a concern.

Yah, but at the same time, having one or two people who believe 'you' adds another demension to the issue.

Mitera Nikkou wrote:Wait, isn't that a change, itself? Well, if you're really not sure what you want the end result to be, make a poll and let others decide. Majority rule! Woo!

So, here's a poll, if anyone's interested (and I hope someone is, cause this is one of the hardest things for me to decide on)

1 ) Just Loli tf.

2 ) Fairy

3 ) Dragon

4 ) Ghost

5 ) Slime

6 ) Demon

7 ) Angel

8 ) Other (please say what...)
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Rodney » Tue May 18, 2010 10:11 am

I think you should try to write something you would like to read. Also, when selecting the kind of story you want to tell, you could aim to make it interesting, even for someone not into TG. Don't try to create the best story, only one that is very interesting.

Also, did I mention that I am partial to ushimimi i.e. cowgirls ?
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue May 18, 2010 1:30 pm

You can make a proper poll in the polls room. ;p I could set one up, if you want.

And I'm partial to faeries. :3

Yah, but at the same time, having one or two people who believe 'you' adds another demension to the issue.

Well, depending on the circumstances, it could be helpful to have help when reality hasn't changed, thus making the changed character a non-entity.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Tue May 18, 2010 2:09 pm

that'd be nice...

I don't think I quite got that... As in it would be helpful if there was no reality change? Because I agree with that. The biggest problems don't go away, they just get spread around.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue May 18, 2010 10:05 pm

I'll set up a poll, then.

And I was saying that it's helpful to have one or two people believe them. After all, without an identity, they'll have more things to worry about than being changed. Such as being able to make a living. They could also end up deported if they become a different race, and wind up in some unfamiliar country, not knowing the language or anyone there.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed May 19, 2010 9:41 am

That's a very good point. The deportation thing never occured to me before.

I kinda messed up with that last post, just realized that if you meant anyother way, then having 1 or 2 people 'believe' you doesn't make much sense, really. Well, unless they believe that reality changed but that's a whole diffrent can of worms.

Oh, and thanks!
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Thu May 20, 2010 11:24 pm

My only advice is to always write for yourself and write at your own pace. That way there will always be at least one person who enjoyed your work, and it's the most important person (You! ;p )

Unless, of course, you have publishers armed with TGrays and are on a deadline. But that's just the exception that proves the rule.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Return to Creative Corner