Nina's stories

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Nina's stories

Postby lategeometry101 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:23 pm

Does anyone know of any place where Nina has centrally located all of her stories. The only one I have found outside of this forum is her first eternal story on fictionmania. But everywhere else I look I find nothing. I can find none of her Akemi ones or other eternal related stories.
I am a very good ally. However I am also a very terrible enemy. One day I shall rule the whole world. OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lategeometry101
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Re: Nina's stories

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 pm

I haven't kept track of her activities for a while, so the only other thing I'm aware of, by her specifically, is Kate Icing's journal. Someone who knows her better may know of more.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby lategeometry101 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:14 pm

A. the journal is not good enough
and
B. Who knows her well enough to help me.
I am a very good ally. However I am also a very terrible enemy. One day I shall rule the whole world. OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lategeometry101
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby lategeometry101 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:44 am

I am bumping my request back up to the front page of General Discussions after months of floundering in obscurity because I have just recently come back to this forum to discover someone has succeeded in rousing into activity after a two year hiatus. I would like to once again request if anyone knows the location of Ninian's longer Aeternalae stories from her early days. If they are no longer up I would like to humbly request that Ninian post them up either here on the Aeternalae forum or on her fictionmania account for the enjoyment of those who like to read them. The only two of her longer works that are not blurbs that I have located are Akemi's Redemption which is here on this forum or Anime Girls for World Domination which is posted on fictionmania.
lategeometry101
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ninian » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:36 pm

I didn't actually write too many actual story-stories. Outside of the blog and Fictionmania, much of what I wrote was actually just universe ideas. Really flawed universe ideas, I should add, but unique. I still like the idea of a world of feminine spiritual beings who recruit humans, and I'm definitely going to approach the concept again in the future.

If you're hurting for something in the general Aeternalae universe, Major Kerina wrote a story called "Mecchen House". The apparent connection isn't obvious until towards the very end, though.

I'm touched you wanted more, by the way. I'm kind of curious what you see in my little universe.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:49 pm

They see you, and a sparkle. :wink:

Man, I forgot all about Mecchen House. I got distracted from it while it was still being written and never finished it. ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby lategeometry101 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Well I have an attachment to male to female and mind control processes but find it more enjoyable when there is an actual plot involved in the stories I am reading. Your Anime Girls For World Domination story fulfilled all three qualifications. I knew you were banned from this site at one point in time so I just assumed any stories of length you had were taken down when you were banned and you either never bothered to post them elsewhere or didn't manage to do it before withdrawing from the online community.
lategeometry101
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ninian » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:13 pm

The traditional concept of Aeternalae were never really the sort to do mind control, but the ability to force their essence onto you. It would then corrupt and convert you, like a virus. I really liked the idea of writing a race that was dangerous and viral like this, especially one that could and would break and convert humans en masse if given half a chance. The tricky part was, I actually wanted them to be generally good guys despite having conquerors among them who see human as raw fuel for their war engine. Or at the very least, neutral or a lesser evil compared to other dark forces.

I really wanted the reader to feel like they could be a victim of the conquerors. Fear the cute ones, for soon they shall kick down your door and make you one of them, and it'll happen without warning! That's supposed to be scary and intense, half because it would then rouse the reader's imagination for what they might be like if they were an immortal feminine spirit.

Trying to juggle both that and a desire to make them a neutral (if inhuman) force was a balancing act I don't think I was ready for as a writer. I think I could have learned a lot if I had known about (and paid attention to) how White Wolf handled the Camarilla and Sabbat factions in their vampire PnP games.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby lategeometry101 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:36 pm

I did noticed that you were trying to go for that in your first Aeternalae story. My question is what happened to your Aeternalae fiction when you were temporarily banned from the site? Did you ever post it anywhere else?
lategeometry101
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ninian » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't think anything happened to it, I just didn't write much of anything beyond what you found.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby lategeometry101 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:20 pm

So besides Akemi's Redemption and your blurbs you never wrote many stories involving Akemi?
lategeometry101
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ninian » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:58 pm

The Akemi character was pretty much a Mary Sue -- never really being defined beyond what I felt like making her from day to day. There isn't much material to find with her as such, no.

I still think self-inserts have a lot of underrated value though.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby lategeometry101 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Since Akemi is a fictional character it does not qualify as a self insert. But you are correct. Self inserts tend to be horrible or not garner any fame at all. There is one self insert on fanfiction.net involving Ranma 1/2 that has quite a bit of fame and length under its belt though. It just goes to show that there are exceptions to every rule created by man.
lategeometry101
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby MisplacedIdea » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:48 am

I don't know if I'd say that. There are plenty of fictional characters that still qualify as author self-inserts, though as Nina put it, they usually end up being classified as Mary Sues or Gary Stus when there's any major differentiation between the author and the insert character. But yeah, insertions don't always hurt the text, they just almost always end up being misused, usually as a source of fantasy or wish fulfillment. That's why so many pieces of publicly available self-insert fiction end up falling flat - they weren't really written for other people to read in the first place.
The truth is out there...it just might not be the one you're looking for.
MisplacedIdea
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Return to Creative Corner