Looking for story help

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Looking for story help

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Okay, so recently I've been reading a lot of Ranma 1/2 fanfiction. And there's one thing that most of it seems to have in common. It sucks. Granted, there are some real gems out there, but the glut of it is pure and utter refuse. So, what have I decided to do about it? A sensible person would just read something else. Me? I decided I want to write my own.

Now here's my problem. The whole point of this is to accurate to the original characters while putting them in a stressful situation. Namely, Ranma being trapped as a woman. Yes, it's been done so many times before and in so many ways. I know my idea is anything but original, but I hope that through interesting dialogue, a steady pace of humor mixed with action and drama and overuse of a certain panty raiding old lecher, I can bring something memorable to the cesspool that is Ranma fanfiction.

Now, to the point. It's been a while since I've read the manga, and I personally don't want to spend the month or so it'll take for me to reread it, especially with school taking more and more of my time. So I'm going to ask for someone with knowledge of the manga/anime (both would be spectacular) to look at my outlines and whatnot and smack me on the head when I make people act out of character.

So yeah. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot you my ideas. Granted, it'll be a while until anything gets written, but I'll at least have everything sorted out and solid. I'll even credit you when I put it up! (it'll be here and on fanfiction.net)
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Looking for story help

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 pm

I "specialize" with the manga; though I think just one medium or the other is fine, rather than incorporating both outside of some convenience. I'll be looking forward to these outlines. Although I'd like to note that the characters are a bit more flexible than canon, since fan-fiction authors often put the characters into circumstances that it didn't explore, or into a different context (such as taking the comedy/slapstick out entirely, or adding horror). So don't stress over it. ;p

Over all, though, I make a good fact-checker.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:19 pm

I'll shoot you an email with what I have so far. It's still pretty much in the planning stages, so it'll be kind of rough. Right now it looks kind of emo, but I plan on evening it out with a couple more fights and plenty of Happosai intermissions.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm

E-mail, huh? I'll have to remember to check it, then. XD
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:02 pm

There was that time Ranko (girl-type Ranma) hit her head and thought she was a real girl, and then the cursed bikini thing, and then Shampoo's mother Colonge locking Ranma-chan into her cursed form, and then she had to fight that guy with the glasses that turns into a swan.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Creative Corner