Geckojira's Sketchy Things

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Geckojira's Sketchy Things

Postby Geckojira » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:55 pm

By suggestion of Zack, I made this topic to post art stuffs I do, and I also I drew Tanya. Umn. Pardon the irresponsible cross-hatching. => I don't use the technique very often, and I've no idea where to crosshatch on a skirt. And the image was too big for my scanner so the feet got cut off. Aww.

Pissed off Tanya!

So yes! It's angry Tanya in a Soldier uniform (or at least Cloud's). Really, since I don't know anyone's character personality very well to make a canon image, I just settled for this. =>

Oh, and if anyone wants to know what's that above her head...

Why this angry Tanya is bad.
Geckojira
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Re: Geckojira's Sketchy Things

Postby Coruscate » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:38 pm

Geckojira wrote:Oh, and if anyone wants to know what's that above her head...

Why this angry Tanya is bad.

That begs to have a MSF logo on it.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Alyta » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:52 pm

Brilliant pic, expecially the shading across her top.

Now I fear Tanya; giant swords are bad, m'kay? :)
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby zalabar » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:19 pm

:shock:

Wow.

Tcch... I'm gonna need a lot of work if I plan on approaching this quality any time soon...

:P But I still can critique!

Tanya's shading is brilliant, but the sword pic has one major flaw; the shadow is only around Tanya. That suggests the sword is a lot closer than I'm guessing you want.
zalabar
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Deathscythe13x » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:26 pm

Wow thats some awsome art Gecko, you should have a deviant art account for all your art
Deathscythe13x
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:45 pm

wow...
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:28 pm

@.@

And people say I draw good... You're grrrrrrrreat!

More? Please? *Gives you the cute lil' puppy dog eyes*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

You can dance if you want to, you can...

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:48 pm

Yay! The cross-hatched angry Tanya was well-received. I is happy. At the rate I've been drawing and inking lately, I'm going to have to buy more Copic multi-liners. Mine are a year old (and drying out from lack of use)! But Anime Expo is coming up, so I'll just buy a new pack there!

Zalabar: Thank you so much for critiquing! And yeah, I noticed later that I should really have shaded more beneath Tanya. But I have a iron-clad excuse! I'm lazy. Ahem. And my attention span tends to be short on my artwork. =)

Deathscythe13x: Deviant Art intimidates me. I have some friends and acquaintances on there, and their artwork is so incredibly awesome! Two of my ex-classmates on there have both placed in the Rising Stars in Manga contests, and they're both being published soon. One by Slave Labor, and the other by Tokyo Pop! I personally won't feel comfortable going there until I get more practice. XD You should see how many rough sketches and erasing I go through when trying to find the right pose.

Crescent Puslar: You asked for it! But I've done my fully-inked thing for the day, so here's some unfinished images that I'm doing for other people.

1: I'm a banana!

2: My spoon is too big!

3: I'm a consumer whore!

4: Only silly hats allowed.

Notes for #3: It's just the Sia image, with the outline layer removed! Oooh, weirdness. It's not visible, but the piece is actually about eleven or so layers of color. I generally separate each major article of attire into a different layer for coloring (vest, beanie, accessories, etc). Oh, and yes, I was stupid enough to color it diagonally, which made things more difficult for me than it could have been. Oh, damn my masochistic tendencies!

Notes for #4: There's something insidiously wrong with that picture. I think his head is too big! But that could just be a reflection of the eventual evolution of all idols. I think it could be fixed if I were to broaden the shoulders and lengthen the arms, but then again, I don't want to finish that picture! ;> I was just messing around trying to do my own version of that male idol.

Another note: If you can guess where the title quotes to each image are from (they're all from the same thing), I'll draw you something! =D I don't promise that it'll be detailed or very good, but it'll be something. =>

Safety Dance!

Postby Geckojira » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:50 pm

Well, that's what I get for posting out of hotmail. =o I'll state the obvious, that was me. =D
Geckojira
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Whee!

Postby Karmelo » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:51 pm

Tuesday's coming, did you bring your coat?
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

Postby Xia » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:01 am

absafreaking great images, time for me to ask you to do a drawing for me
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

I love in a giant bucket!

Postby Geckojira » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:31 am

So close, Karmelo. So close! You know where the quotes are coming from, but can you name the source and its creator?

I predict that you'll easily be able to do so, so umn, I'm just going to go off and draw you something now.

Here's more random stuff that I managed to scrounge off my computer and upload to my friend's domain. It... really doesn't have anything to do with MSF though. I think. Surprise me? o_o

Mint!Sold at the Art Gallery at Katsucon... 2001? I forget. I never saw the money from it! Damn convention. Colored with Copics.

Umn. Something. Really weird. That doesn't really look like anything. It was an art project from college. Can you tell it used to be a drawing of the lil' thingy in a music box? That big circle in the upper right was a screw! That took me hours upon hours to ink with every technique I ever learned. Ugh. UGH! Damn class from 4 years ago.

Jon D'Pahpi! This is the last thing that I fully-inked and even partially CGed priorto the Sia drawing. To give you an idea of how badly I've been slacking with drawing, the Jon piece is dated, according to my computer, September 6, 2002. I is bad, but I promise to make up for lost time! It used to be posted on Elfwood, when I had an Elfwood account. That's before I stopped paying attention to it for years and it got buried beneath site renovations.

So um. Yeah. Examples of old art! There. Now I won't have to post anything for weeks.**

**Just kidding. I like this place.
Geckojira
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Err...Of course!

Postby Karmelo » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:58 am

Actually, I just know it comes from the thing 'Rejected.' Don Hertzfeldt is a name that comes to mind, but I'm not sure if that's who you're asking for. I'm sure if that's not enough I can go fetch the link.
Eh.
Karmelo
MC Bat Commander
MC Bat Commander

I am the Queen of France!

Postby Geckojira » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:37 am

You've pretty much got it down pat, Karmelo! Congradulations. Umn, I skimmed your Deviant Art site, and the pic of Ayu battling the paint brush really caught my eye. It was just too cute, so I had to do a fanart of her and a paintbrush. Sorry for the shoddy inking and the messy wings! And, umn, the fact that she's missing a halo. Ahem. I forgot.

Da Prize!
Geckojira
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Musashi » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:19 am

Pretty art of.. prettiness! XD

I want an angry Tanya plushie~

Oh, yeah. Must not forget! *GLOMPS and sprinkles FLUFF on da Gecko* BWAHAHAHA!
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Creative Corner