Geckojira's Sketchy Things

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Vierge » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:36 pm

Your current series on DA... and AT.... do seem to talk to each other.. it's as if they were affected by Always Tomorrow... Both strike me as unnerving and stylish at the same time... Like dark chocolate..
I guess the Chinese year has begun already?
Vierge
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Cutey Kerina » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:08 pm

Wow! Awesome stuff Gecko ^^ Woo for a fem-Riley *applauds* YAY!
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raijin » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:35 pm

Nicely done Gecko. And No worrys I understand finish it when you can or want I can wait ;)
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Go Go Gadget Arms!

Postby Geckojira » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:47 am

Hmn. Started this a few weeks ago shortly before steering into a period if doing inkworks. Due to prompting, I finished it tonight.

Whee. A Girl.

Now, again, as a warning. If anyone asks me to draw something, keep the following in mind: My pace of work is erratic. VERY erratic. Sometimes, I'll finish something for someone overnight. Othertimes, it'll take months. It really depends on if I'm liking the drawing, or if something else inspirse me. As of now, I'm working on a web comic that consumes at least two hours prior to each update night (MWF). I also tend to spend a lot of time (anywhere between 3 to 10 hours, no less) at a cafe, getting work done on my sketchbook for my art portfolio. Outside of art, I do have a bustling social life, and I also like to spend time reading. Personal projects will always take precedence over any requested works, and in all honesty, I'm more likely to finish something that catches my attention than something that's asked for, unless the request is especially intriguing. ^^; So yes. That's my totally irrelevant warning, considering that I rarely get requests to begin with. ^^

With that said, here's what I have so far of Raijin's image.

Oooh. Unfinished Dragon Girl.

It's very unfinished, and may remain so due to a weird problem I've run into with Photoshop. =\ I originally started on the Raijin piece back when I was running Photoshop 5.0. Since then, Photoshop bugged out, so I had to reinstall, this time upgrading to 7.0. The problem? I apparently missed something in the installation, so now all my colors in Photoshop are screwed up. It's nothing like "Oh look, red is now purple!". It's morelike all the colors end up looking washed somehow, when not in Photoshop. It still works for editing together my web comic, since I do all the panels in CGIllust, but now it makes coloring in Photoshop a pain.

So why not just port to CGIllust, the program I've been using instead?

Won't work. =\ Not only is the original Raijin file about 10 megs, but it's also _huge_. I was going for a uber high quality image, so the proportions of the original are 2472x3280 pixels. Between those problems, the errors, and incompatible files... ugh. So yes. Roadblocked on finishing the Raijin image. I was really liking it too. =\
----

[Warning: Shameless Plug ahead!]

No matter how bad today gets, there's always tomorrow.

http://greaterevil.com/AT/

Please read. Not for the faint of heart. ^_^;
Geckojira
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:23 am

Wow you do really awesome work Gecko. Those two works of art are strikingly beautiful. The first one is so cute. And the second one, though not complete is just so incredible. I like details like that and particularly that kind of shading a lot. *notices shameless plug*...oooh...eh how faint of heart could it be....*reads*.....
...O.O
Last edited by Cutey Kerina on Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Alyta » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:29 am

Wow...

I know I must sound like a stuck record, but these are very, very nice, with very smooth lines and shading, and very characterful expressions. Always Tomorrow reminds me of Something Positive blended with a touch of Road Waffles, in a very good way ^_^
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:42 am

*still hasn't blinked* It was really well drawn and interesting characters. But I wasn't expecting something like that...O.O
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Vierge » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:27 pm

Just... wow.. Your art is terrific *bows*
I guess the Chinese year has begun already?
Vierge
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Previous

Return to Creative Corner