New NON-TG story.

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

New NON-TG story.

Postby Lanzerus » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:32 pm

I recently applied for a Writer's Camp and I decided, Hey I want my community (MSF, you guys are like family to me.) to see this.

so I thought, I am sure the Mods on the story board wouldn't mind seeing my (Horrible.) piece of work.

---

Cain stood posed stoically next to the family's large grand piano, his Guardian Spirit hovered behind him, she looked like she was in her late 20's, she was dressed like a young angel, natural wings came out of her shoulders conjoined with the shoulder blades. He stood next to her, His dark brown hair a mess like normal, barely fourteen years old. He was wearing his best suit for the portrait being painted.

"You pose so beautifully Master Cain." said the young woman painting him

"You pose so beautifully Master Cain." Mimicked Cain's spirit-guide mockingly, a look of disgust on her face.

"Enough Triste, She was hired by my mother to paint me; I intend to have her paint her best." Caine whispered to Triste unmoving.

"It’s just so weird; normally you are Chasing people like her around the room attempting to beat their skulls in." Triste stated, the malicious glare in her eyes aimed toward the young Artist.

"She will be gone once she is done, no one will she her again." Cain said his face as blank as possible. "Once she hands the painting to my mother, I want you to materialize my Spirit-Flail immediately." At this Triste bowed and agreed a malicious smile on her face.

Immediately Master Cain.”

It was another twenty minutes of posing before the woman showed him the painting. She complemented him on how he looked like such a fine young man. As she walked out of the house, she didn't notice the smile on Cain's face; it was his murder face.

---

It was six years after Cain had murdered the young woman that the police noticed a string of murders all related to the Farewind Household. The first murder that occurred around the house was a young girl, when Cain was about six years old. Her body was lost, but all the neighbors claimed to have been woken just before sunrise when a bloodcurdling scream pierced the air with loud volume and crystal clarity. Years after that several more screams were recorded, all the origins pointed to the Farewind house, each scream starting before sunrise, and ending just as the first rays hit the house. Unfortunately, all Evidence of murder was burnt to the ground with the mansion when a mysterious fire started. Adair was the main suspect for the arson of the Fairwind Mansion.

---

The future, where governments no longer care about their citizens and human interaction had decayed to the point of either 'I like you, Join Me' or 'Get lost and I won’t kill you’. All hope for humankind to have world peace had been lost. Spirits of former warriors had grouped themselves with humans to work as Guides, to try and create peace, and to protect the life they have bound themselves with.
Cain stood on top of a building, his Spirit-Flail moving in time with the rise and fall of his ragged breath. "Weakling" Cain said turning his back to the body of his opponent who was thoroughly mauled. Cain smiled to himself.

"He was your twentieth victim today, Cain could you slow down a bit?" Triste pleaded sadness apparent in her eyes.

“He deserved to die, he tried to steal my wallet, the poor fool, you should have seen his face when you materialized my flail and he realized just who he was messing with." He paused to let out a cold, cruel laugh. "He ran like a trapped rat."

Cain, that is enough, you are scaring me." Triste said cowering behind her wings. “I understand a few killings occasionally, but twenty people?”

"Don't tell me you actually feel bad for these," Caine pauses and whips around throwing the large flail at the decrepit body, giving off a disgusting crunch. "RATS!" he let loose a laugh that chilled the blood. "They are weak, they find death a threat, they run from their killer, they turn their back on me, and my help, or they try and kill me as fast as possible,
so I must have my guard up. I must protect myself from these worthless beings," he says walking nonchalantly over to the body retrieving his flail. "Triste, If you show any weakness, I will figure out how to separate myself from you like Adair did, and I will allow myself to protect myself anyway I see fit." he said spitting on off the side of the building watching it hit someone on the streets below

"Cain, how dare you even mention that Spirit-traitor's name, he abandoned Gale and used his weapon to conquer an entire city!" Triste lectured. "He murdered innocent Children just for walking between him and their parents! He is Black-hearted and his weapon proved it!"
Cain stood unphased by her lecture.

"So, he killed a few children and adults who he thought would kill him later, he saved the trouble of having to deal with them." He said paused to listen to the still night around him. "Triste, I want you to hide...now." he whispered.

Without a word she disappeared into Cain. he turned around quickly, just in time to block a blow from a knife swung at him.

"Hello, Master Cain Farewind, how are you this lovely evening killing innocents?" said the man holding the knife against Cain’s Spirit-Flail.

"Dai, you traitor!" screamed Cain. "You were my only friend, I thought you died in the fire!” he ripped his Flail away from the knife, sparks filled the air.

"No Cain, I escaped, and I am here to stop your unreasonable killing." Dai said, his long brown hair whipping around his shoulders as he lunged at Cain, swinging furiously. "Why is it the most interesting people turn out to be crazy, like you and Adair for example!?"

At this statement, Cain swung like a mad man. "Never compare me to my Brother!" the knife made contact with the flail and sparks flew like fireworks. "He is powerful and extremely insane, I am neither, but I will figure out how to become as strong as possible!" Out of the sparks, Dai removed a second knife out of thin air and sliced towards Cain’s stomach, ripping his shirt with a diagonal slash.

"If you aren't crazy, then what are you!?" Dai said continuing to slash towards Caine's belly.

"A visionary, I will shift out the weak, and allow only the strong to survive under my glorious rule!" Caine roared jumping backward, sending off more sparks. "I will rule as the strongest and supreme dictator, No greater than a dictator. I will be the god for a new world order!" he slammed the flail hard, catching Dai off-guard, hitting his shoulder and causing him to throw the knife. It skitter across the rooftop and eventually fell off the roof and struck a man below killing him.

Dai, fell to one knee in pain. Between gasps for breath he managed to say "Cain...you...are...crazy." before he passed out, sealing his fate.
---

Cain stood over what was left of Dai's mauled body "The poor, weak, fool. He should have stayed dead in my eyes, because he is dead to the entire world now!" Caine said followed by his laugh. “I will dominate our world Triste, and protect myself from harm by killing the weak and those that would wish to kill me."

---

Adair stood at the base of what was formerly a monument of some nation long past, a tall tower of rusting iron and burnt out lights. A few people ran around dressed in rags, claiming to be former royalty or friends to nobles. Adair walked towards the largest group of vagrants, dragging behind him was a long sword that looked like it was made of bones. A skull fused to the bleached bone blade worked as the handle guard. The people noticing him and his sword instantly dispersed. Adair stood a look of disappointment on his face. "Don't run, my toys, I just wanted..." he paused as a small girl walked up to him. “ to play." he said, looking down at the young girl dressed in dirty mottled rags. The child's eyes wide with fright.

"Mommy said that I shouldn't play with men, especially ones that carry weapons." the young girl said looking up at Adair, afraid to even blink.

"No, your mommy isn't right, I won't hurt you..." he says taking a long pause bending down to brush her bangs out of her eyes, before standing and suddenly swinging with a loud yell. "MUCH!"

the girl let out a scream as she turned out of reflex to the side, only grazing her hair cutting off a large chunk unevenly and knocking her to the ground.
"No, I don't want to play with you. You tried to hurt me!" she screamed backing off as fast as she could while on the ground.

Adair simply stood where he had been standing before, and raised the sword-point to the same level as the girl's nose. "If you don't want to play, ask nicely or else you will meet Mr. Sword personally and you will have a…” He stopped to laugh insanely. “Long talk."

"Please don't hurt me; I don't want to play anymore." The girl said covering her head with her arms.

"Alright" Adair said, getting on his knees to help the little girl up. "Hurry home or mommy might miss you." he said in a syrup-sweet voice. The girl burst into tears as she ran away into a back alley, away from Adair.

"Poor fools." his voice changing from the syrup-sweet voice he had been using to talk with the child, to one more sinister, one that carried his intent to kill.

---

Gareth stood at what was a former village, a long scarf wrapped around his neck. His Spirit-Spear shoved into the ice and snow allowing him a place to rest his shoulders. Flames stood engulfing the small straw buildings. "Mien family, I will miss you." Gareth said tightening the scarf around his neck. "I will get my revenge," he promised, his eyes showing his determination. He struggled to remove his spear from the ground as new snow and ice had frozen around it causing it to get stuck. After he removed his spear from the ice, he limped westward, his scarf moving in the breeze dramatically.

---

Cain walked out of the destroyed building, a smile on his face. "Three rats all sitting on the first floor, such easy to prey to smash from behind." he laughed, the spirit-flail disappearing into thin air, the reverse of what Dai had done for his dagger.

"Its really not that nice to kill people like that." Triste said, hovering over his right shoulder. "What would your mother think of you killing off these people?" Triste continued.

Cain spun around his loose clothes rustling. "My mother died in the fire and you know EXACTLY what she would say if she saw what I was doing." He smiled. "She would be happy that I am going to become a god, so I can bring her back to life!"

---

Adair stood at the base of the monument, his eyes closed, thoughts whizzed around in his head at extreme speeds.
[center]Gale said everyone wanted to hurt me.
Gale said I needed to protect myself
Gale said I deserved to live the best life possible
Gale said to kill him.
Gale said ‘don’t kill her.’
It was too late.
She fell quickly
And died quicker.
I was told I have no heart, No soul.
[/center]
When gale opened his eyes, three hours had past and he began patrolling around again. Before anyone who got in front of him could run, they were on the ground, dead.

"Gale, come out, I know you are here!" Adair yelled down the back alleys. Getting no response Adair continued to stalk around the city, looking for any signs of his unbound spirit. Suddenly out of nowhere, a ball of fire landed in front of Adair.

"Adair Farewind. Why do you still call for that lost spirit, he was weak, he wanted you to die, remember?" said a man, who crouched on a rooftop nearby.

"Dante!" Adair said, like a lost puppy who had been found and fed. "Dante! My lord, my savior, why are you here in this...unsuitable place?"

"Unimportant my dear Adair, just realize Gale is gone. You aren't getting him back." Dante said.

"I don't believe you! Gale Cared for me like no one else, mother wanted me dead, and father would beat me when ever I turned my back to him. " Adair screamed, jumping at the crouching Dante, who stood up and grabbed Adair with one arm, with the other hand, he held up an armored glove, surrounded in self-sustaining fire.

"Adair, If you play with fire, you WILL get burned. Now, will you grieve and mourn for that weak excuse for a spirit guard, or are you going to enjoy your life as a Renegade Murderer?" Dante said a grim smile on his face, the shadows thrown from the fire made his face contorted and demon-like to Adair.

"Enjoy Life?" Adair questioned weakly. It was quite odd watching the man that made flocks of people flee from the mere sight of him being lifted by a man shorter than him by the neck of his shirt and having his life threatened.

"Good Choice." Dante said letting Adair down. "Now go, and I want you to find someone for me." he said handing Adair a photo of the little girl he had 'played' with earlier.

"She is a little young for you Lord Dante." Adair said his head drooping.

Dante lifted Adair by his collar again, using the gauntleted arm. "You Idiot, She isn't my prospective Girlfriend, she is my Sister's daughter, and apparently some 'rouge' of a man attacked her." Adair squirmed as the metal of the gloves glowered a an angry bright red color

"Now Lord, please calm yourself, otherwise you will burn me again." Adair squeaked as the temperature of the gauntlet spiked.

"Your job is to protect her from harm, or else." he said, the glove cooling down and returning to a blackened metal color. "And by the way, her name is Beatrice, if I get word that you make her cry, and you will be so sorry you will beg for death before I am even half finished with you."

---

Gareth walked into what was left of the neighboring city, a small store and three houses. As he limped towards the store, Gannon appeared, worried.

"Gareth, you should get that treated, I know it hurts to walk on, and it would hurt worse during the examination, but once they take care of it the pain would be gone."

"No doctors. I am going to travel to Fromer-Nation France, and seek refuge and help to find the men who killed my parents." Gareth said, using his spear as a walking stick. "The physics of Former-France can help me better than any local quack."

"Stubborn, just like your mother" Gannon said with an accompanied sigh.

"You knew my mother?" Gareth exclaimed.

"Yes, she was a wonderful woman, did you know she was a 'local quack' before you were born?" Gannon said his brown eyes full of sadness. "In fact, it was in her office when I died."

"I would ask of what, but we need to continue moving if we want to make it before the Ancient Machine leaves without us, did you know that one Ancient Machine supposedly could fly through the air!" Gareth said trying to change the subject.

"No, that is impossible, humans have been on the ground since we were created, no way any human could EVER fly." Ganon told Gareth, falling for his diversion.

Suddenly a child bumped into Gareth with an oof quickly, only in passing. Gareth completely ignored the child and continued to talk with Ganon about the Ancient flyers. Before he got much farther Gareth realized what the man who had bumped into him had done. "THIEF!" Gareth roared.

At this the child broke into a dash, a pouch of coins clutched to his heart, tears streamed down his cheeks. Gareth limped after the boy as fast as he could, which was enough to get him to where he could grab the boy by the wrist and turn him around to face him.

"I dinnint mean to take all your money, its just my sister is sick and with Dr. Krauv and I dinnint want her to die, so I took your money to pay for her."

Gareth stood still for a moment before turning away from the boy. "Go, pay for your sister's bills and never steal from anyone again." He limped away with his spear.

As Gareth walked away Ganon reappeared. "That was very nice, but highly unnecessary." Ganon said as Gareth continued on, the snowfall around them beginning to become more blizzard-like.

"It was heartbreaking to know that morals have degraded so much that a child is willing to steal from a man who is armed to save his sister's life." Gareth said pulling the scarf up over his nose and mouth.

"Heartbreaking, I think its quite heartwarming, watching a small boy steal from a big bear like you just to save his family from medical bills." Ganon said, smiling at Gareth.

"Ganon, sometimes you fail to make sense." Gareth said.

---
The stage is set; the characters are in play, all it takes now is for the hands of time to push them together for a world-changing event.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: New NON-TG story.

Postby Queen Octavia » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:46 pm

I found it was a bit all over the place, felt to me like the story thus far should have been two or three times as long. More description of characters and the setting would be nice.

A bit too violent and psychotic for me, but hey that's just me. It would have been better with TG... but isn't everything :mrgreen: ? I may be biased on that one....
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: New NON-TG story.

Postby Lanzerus » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:12 pm

(Bring this spirit back from the Abyss of Death! Resurrection!)

About the shifting around: Its actually a lot longer, this was only a small tid-bit I posted to see what everyone thought.

The real FINISHED version is around 100+ pages. It was old writing from when i was a freshmen in high school, expect poor grammar and poorer character development.

They violence and psychosis of the story is because it was an immediate post-parental-divorce story...so =p its justified...maybe.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Return to Creative Corner