Ellethadnost (My Attempt at A Changing Room)

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Ellethadnost (My Attempt at A Changing Room)

Postby eledrien » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:18 pm

http://cmreled.byethost17.com/Edhel/Elleth.html
Well, I have always enjoyed the changing rooms here at MSF, so I made one of my own and thought I should share it with the rest of MSF. It is based a transformaton into an elf in Tolkien's middle-earth universe. Hopefully this is the forum to put this in, but I didn't see anywhere else to put it.
Thanks and tell me what you think of it so I can improve for my next one!
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Re: Ellethadnost (My Attempt at A Changing Room)

Postby Helel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Welcome welcome to MSF, Eledrien. You've come to the right place to post your Changing Rooms, and from a brief look at it, it looks pretty good to me. I'll be sure to check it out some more later, but thank you for your contribution. ^_^
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Kyunji » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 pm

Hey, cool. I think this is the first new changing room we've had since the beginning of the year. They're neat stuff, even if they don't last too long. Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to say much about this one, since I last read Lord of the Rings years ago and barely understood it then, but I think you did a good job on this. You might want to remove the italics from the randomized text, though; it makes the passage flow a little better.

Anyway, welcome to MSF! I'm glad to see a new face around here, especially in the Stories forum. Do you write much?
Kyunji
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby eledrien » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:43 am

Kyunji wrote:Hey, cool. I think this is the first new changing room we've had since the beginning of the year. They're neat stuff, even if they don't last too long. Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to say much about this one, since I last read Lord of the Rings years ago and barely understood it then, but I think you did a good job on this. You might want to remove the italics from the randomized text, though; it makes the passage flow a little better.

Anyway, welcome to MSF! I'm glad to see a new face around here, especially in the Stories forum. Do you write much?

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't wrote much in the past but I have a ton of ideas I've thrown around in my head that I would like to see to come to fruition. Hopefully, my next project will be a more tradtional story when I get some more time to do things.
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby eledrien » Thu May 28, 2009 12:21 am

Hello all again,

I was thinking about making another changing room but I am plum out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions that they wanted to see done?
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Jacqueline » Fri May 29, 2009 6:34 am

This is just a random idea, but... how about one that places you in a family situation? Like, it makes the reader into the eldest daughter, middle or youngest daughter, or maybe the wife? Variable parts would be the role in the family, appearance, age, hobbies, personality...
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby eledrien » Sat May 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Loid Thanead wrote:This is just a random idea, but... how about one that places you in a family situation? Like, it makes the reader into the eldest daughter, middle or youngest daughter, or maybe the wife? Variable parts would be the role in the family, appearance, age, hobbies, personality...

hmmm, I like it. I'll probably start on it sometime soon. I might come back here for some inspiration if I get stumped at all!
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Rodney » Sat May 30, 2009 3:51 pm

It's fun. I like changing rooms.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby eledrien » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:23 pm

All right, I have started on it. Just a few quick questions on what people would like to see in it regarding to characteristics. I plan on having four characters: a young, middle, and eldest daughter and the mother/wife. I am thinking about having there ages being variable to a range for all of them so the youngest would be from 10-13, the middle 14-16, the eldest 17-18 and the wife from around mid-thirties to late-thirties. I plan on having a couple of more characteristics such as hobbies, height, personality, clothing style, hair color & style, and their passion (eg what they want to do when they grow up). Does anybody have any suggestions for what they would like to see in those categories or any categories they would like to add?
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:31 pm

As for Personality, there's perky, tomboy, sexy, ditzy, sweet, shy, and feminine.

Hobbies could include, reading, drawing, sports, writing, etc...

Passions could be, model, dancer, chef, astronaut, artist, athlete, pilot, nurse, teacher, writer, etc....

Hairstyles could be short, long, over her eyes on one side, ponytail, braided, etc...
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby eledrien » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:53 am

Angie wrote:As for Personality, there's perky, tomboy, sexy, ditzy, sweet, shy, and feminine.

Hobbies could include, reading, drawing, sports, writing, etc...

Passions could be, model, dancer, chef, astronaut, artist, athlete, pilot, nurse, teacher, writer, etc....

Hairstyles could be short, long, over her eyes on one side, ponytail, braided, etc...

Thanks for the help! The more ideas the better. I'll be sure to use these.
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby eledrien » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi everyone again,

Sorry for the delay between update but my work has been sporadic at best... However, I did complete the writing for this today, so all that is left is to write to code to glue it together. It is a much bigger project than my last changing room with four character paths, each having their our unique five page path and each having two distinct endings with a lot variation therein. It sounded small to me when I was planning it but it added up. I plan on making a new engine for this project in PHP rather than using a modified autumn's engine like for my last one, so that might take a wee bit of time. [/technobabble] Once it gets up and running, I plan on having a kind of beta of sorts, where people can test drive it and make suggestions for new endings, different traits, etc. and, hopefully not to much, spot any bugs or grammatical errors.

Thanks again for your interest,
-Eledrien

P.S.: It is never to late to post PM me some suggestions, I'll try my darnedest to fit them in!
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Return to Creative Corner