New Project

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

New Project

Postby Selena Aninikkou » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:42 pm

I haven't actually written anything in a good long time, but I decided what the hey, I'll try it again. So here:

http://crystalsanctuary.rpgsource.net/w ... ojectx.pdf

Yeah, it's only the pointless backstory stuff no one really cares about, but I happen to think having a history, a geography, a half-decent character roster and a few other little details serve to make the story feel more complete in the end. At least if you've gotten it written down, you can check it every so often to make sure you're not violating it somehow...
ImageImageImage
Popful Mail rules ^^
Selena Aninikkou
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Re: New Project

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Well, if there was a chance of you writing it, one way to garner interest would be to add where the story begins, and under what circumstances. We have some past events but that doesn't tell us much, whether we read from a character's point of view in the future or not.

Other than that... I don't really know what to think of it. For a good bit of the reading I wasn't even sure if there was much in the way of magic until you mentioned the wizard. And, generally, I felt like I was taking a history lesson... I don't like school. :P
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: New Project

Postby Selena Aninikkou » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:And, generally, I felt like I was taking a history lesson... I don't like school. :P

Then I succeeded at my goal, which was to make this feel like an official report on things that happened in the past (hence the last line in the Ancient History section). The main story hasn't started because I generally prefer to begin by jotting down the things that have happened up to that point in time, mainly because history and geography are the things that interest me about world building, along with character development and the logistics of society.

Well, that plus I'm not entirely sure where to go with the story yet, so I'm hoping getting the history finished will give me an idea on where to take the story itself.
ImageImageImage
Popful Mail rules ^^
Selena Aninikkou
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Return to Creative Corner