[Writing] Magical Girl Policy

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Re: Magical Girl Policy

Postby Taralynn » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:41 am

Yeah, I seem to forget to come onto this board and let you guys know when I've updated. So... uh... I kind of have 4 chapters to post here for updatin'

Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28

So yeah, go ahead and read. Please comment, if not here then on my forum or on the site itself. It's not that hard. Just a few statements of what you liked or didn't like and why really help me see how others view my work. Thanks!
Taralynn's Desk- home of all my TG fics... read... comment... enjoy... please comment ;_;
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:29 pm

I've read the most recent chapters, but something's still kinda confusing me: Why Rob? I got the explanation for why he couldn't have joined that all boys team, but surely Rob wasn't the only person his age on the whole planet who took ballet at some point.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:09 am

Oops.

Posted a new chapter yesterday and forgot to tell you guys over here... though it'd be way easier if you just all checked my forums too ^_~. Joke aside, here's the link.

Anyways, comments would be really helpful on this chapter as I'm kind of at a moment in the story where I can't really go into a lot of action so I'm worried I'm boring people to death and not giving them enough juicy or meaty details to make them feel like they are getting the bang for their... uh... time? Yeah, bad expression, I know.

Anyways. Let me know what you think and how I could improve it some. I'm always open for suggestions. I don't think I'm the only one with good ideas around her. Later!
Taralynn's Desk- home of all my TG fics... read... comment... enjoy... please comment ;_;
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Xia » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:43 am

gleeeeeeeee

more MGP.

I'll put something more after I read back up :3
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:58 pm

You keep on turning out great chapters, I'll keep reading them! XD

As for commenting... I think it would be interesting if the villain found out what happened to Rob, and tempts him/her with the offer of returning to guyhood. Yay plot development! ^_^
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Sirrah » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:25 pm

I don't see how that would work though. Her 'most female traits' have been brought to the fore as it were. The understanding I got was that girl part wasn't going to change.
Sirrah
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ookalf » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:10 am

I'm still trying to figure out why Fate couldn't just choose an athletic girl to be Serenity, but whatever. The last few chapters were pretty good.

Another thing. Your commentary from Episode 27 makes it sound like you intended Tremolo Bass to sound like Tuxedo Mask. However, "bass" the musical term rhymes with "face", not "ass".
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:39 am

Perhaps she meant it to sound fishy.

<_<

>_>

Still alive? XD

Which reminds me... *Gets to reading* ^_^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Hello everyone, just here to promote another episode of Magical Girl Policy being posted. Episode 31: Dream Abductions! Robynne Cheers the Crowd On! is up for your reading pleasure and this chapter we have more art from my partner in crime Kami. I really love it when I get art for episodes as I really believe it adds something to any writing. Kami isn't on much these days due to having to deal with some real life issues, but if you liked his art or just like his art in general, please email him at fadedsaint@gmail.com and just let him know you liked his art. A little comment here and there can go a long way.

This chapter was fun to write. I hope you all have fun reading it. Let me know if there were certain things you liked better than others and please feel free to try to surmise, guess, and otherwise divine what happens next. I also feel free to try to read into something if you think it might be symbolic.
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:21 am

Shpoilah:

I rather enjoyed Eli and Cory getting a taste at being cheerleaders, even if it is in a dream, and thus only temporary. It was funny.

'Nuff said.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Welp, I said I would, so I did. I didn't want to post (the one before this one) without having read at least some of the story. I'm weird like that.

So far it's not too shabby. (I've only read a third of MGP so far.) The casual dialogue mixed with the serious situations is kind of weird; but they can be humorous, so I'll let that slide. ;p Beyond some typos and whatnot, the technical score is fine, too.

I only have one question, about a concept and not the story. I can live with the concept being used in the story, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the author for their reasoning behind it (if there is any). Basically, I was wondering why fate was biased toward "good." And, if you can, read into that very deeply, because I'm trying to address a bunch of things that I'm too lazy to spend hours laying out. XD;; (Which is to say that what I'm asking is akin to asking a dozen things. Address whichever one you can think of, that you consider relevant. Or just not answer at all. That works, too. I don't mind being a member of the paparazzi when I'm not the Magical Girl of Pests. :P )
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:17 pm

All right! Episode 32 is up! This chapter has two things everyone loves- Robynne getting hit on by boys and Platicore bickering with Trace. What more could you ask for?

*SPOILERS*
The interchange between Robynne, Eric, and Dale was very difficult for me. Your thoughts on the conversation: 1) Did it feel natural 2) Did it feel genuine 3) Did you find it funny. Also, comments on anything else in the chapter would be appreciated but this was my main concern this chapter. Thanks
*END SPOILERS*

Oh, and to answer the question Crescent Pulsar put forth... can't really answer that right now. You're actually asking a question that will get answered later on in the story and if I told you that it would give away some minor plot points. But you're asking the right questions, which makes me happy that my readers are smarter than most. I'll be interested what you think of the comments that Platicore made about Fate, Crescent.
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:56 pm

HAH! I had read it before you even made this post! :lol:

*RESPOSE TO SPOILERS*
1) Eric and Dale did seem to react naturally, particularly with the death-grip-handshake. 2) Some of the reactions and answers during the "sit-down" period (I figure you'll know what I mean when you see it) felt a bit... scripted. Vague, I know, but that's the only way I know of to put it politely. 3) It was fairly amusing. I particularly liked how they both try to compete for Robynne's attention.
*END OF RESPOSE TO SPOILERS*

One final point: Redheads = Awesome.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:01 pm

The conversation felt pretty natural to me, and I found Robynne's mental connect-the-dots with their comments pretty amusing. Not sure why. Also:

She couldn’t think of any bands with the name Rollen in them.

Rollen=Rollin'=The Rolling Stones?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Taralynn wrote:Oh, and to answer the question Crescent Pulsar put forth... can't really answer that right now. You're actually asking a question that will get answered later on in the story and if I told you that it would give away some minor plot points. But you're asking the right questions, which makes me happy that my readers are smarter than most. I'll be interested what you think of the comments that Platicore made about Fate, Crescent.

I'm not smart. Just an inquisitive philosopher. XD

I'll get back to you on the comment stuff, since I got sidetracked from reading the story. (Trying to write a few of my own, among other things, right now.)

Speaking of Platicore... It'd be funny if he were a senshi, with a name akin to those of the baddies in the last arc of Sailor Moon. He'd be Sailor Platinum Core, but he'd be a guy in senshi drag. Mwa-ha-ha!
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner