[Writing] Magical Girl Policy

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Re: Magical Girl Policy

Postby Xia » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Rollen =? Rollins Band/Rolling Stones maybe :o

whenever Trace and Platicore start talking, I always want to steeple my fingers and cackle. Which I do :3
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Oh, good, now I don't need to double post. X3

I read a few chapters yesterday, so I'm now up to twenty. But something is bugging me. It has to do with Serenity running away from Charity's arrows. Back when Fortitude was in bad shape, and Charity had been asked to "stabilize" her, exactly what she did, in order to do that, was swept under a carpet. Which is convenient, but there's still a bit of a hole. At least up to the point where I'm at. Is there proof that Charity can heal with her hands later on in the story, or is she restricted to sensing injuries and drawing out the potential of herbs and such? Otherwise, since she seems inclined to use her arrows (based on the two examples that I'm aware of), it seems possible that she could have shot Fortitude with one with Serenity present, after the fight with Day LaMode. Just thought I'd check, since it will be a while before I reach the latest chapters, and a possible answer that way. ^_^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:11 am

I guess I didn't explain this well enough. Arrows are good for smaller injuries but they can't treat bigger injuries. Bigger injuries require more attention, hence after Fortitude had been thoroughly trounced by Day LaMode, she needed much more drastic attention.
Taralynn's Desk- home of all my TG fics... read... comment... enjoy... please comment ;_;
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 am

Oh, I understood that, but what about the stabilizing before they get to the base? Or, at least as far as I can tell, the way it was written suggested that Charity was going to do something minor (stabilize) before transporting Fortitude. What happens at the base is treatment, not stabilizing, and there's nothing to suggest what was done to stabilize her. Sorry, things like this just nag me to no end, so I sometimes wish to share in the nagging. ;p

Also, got a few more chapters in, and in 23 there's a few instances where Angela says "Angela" instead of "Katy." Aside from that, have you considered cleaning up the typos and such, or finding someone willing to do it? Just thought I'd ask, since there's a bunch of 'em. I blame it on the perfectionist in me. Stupid freeloader...
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi-ho everyone. Episode 33 of MGP is up! Woo!

I really don't have much to say about the chapter. I'm just glad that finals are done and I can finally rest!
Taralynn's Desk- home of all my TG fics... read... comment... enjoy... please comment ;_;
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Woah... uh... it's been a while since I posted here. Hehe :oops:

Well, last time I posted it was Episode 33 that was going up. Now I've just posted episode 39... so yeah. Been a while.

Here is the link to the episode. And if you're just getting started, feel free to jump on in. Magical Girl Policy also has the option of commenting straight onto the site if you don't want to come back here to comment.

Episode 39 is more humor based than some of my other chapters and I feel it works but I'd LOVE your opinion on the matter.
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Huh, I could have sworn I'd responded to this thread a few days ago. Oh well, I'll respond now!

Episode 39 was very fun and, while it's true it wasn't as action-packed as some of the others, I think the formula you have of fun bits in between the action works quite well. I thought it helped me get a bit of a better feel for Mary, and the Gaming Club members seem to have quite distinct voices even in the short time they were "on screen." Looking forward to reading more, when you get a chance to write it. :) Good luck!
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:28 pm

We have now reached a new milestone in episodes for MGP. As such, we reach a new thread! Woo! 40! I can't believe I've wrote this much!

So here is the link to Episode 40

*SPOILERS*
Anyway, my favorite part of the chapter was the Noriko and Robynne interaction. The more I use Noriko, the more I love her. She's just one of those characters who you design at first to be one way, only to have them transform as you write... and not like Robert to Robynne. That was the plan the entire way.

So predictions for what happens with Uncle Taylor and Robynne? More importanlty what is Robynne wearing to the Halloween dance? I'd love to hear your predictions on that given the hints I gave on the outfit.
*END SPOILERS*
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:48 pm

I really enjoy your story, Magical Girl Policy...your Monsters of the Day seem to get more diabolical and more creative each time....the Arcade villainess, Day LaMode (fashion monster hiding as a manequin, the Teddy bear one reminded me of an evil Snuggle bear who can regenerate itself and control people...and also those evil bears from the episode of Billy and Mandy Eris designed...

Eris is the Goddess of Discord in Greek Mythology. In Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, the Grim Reaper (Grim) is an old classmate of Eris's. Grim lost a series of games to Mandy and Billy, and now he joins them on adventures in Endsville.

To control the children of Endscville with evil Stuffy Snuggle Bears (TM) Eris transformed into Serisue, and got Mandy to endorse the bears at the mall when she announced she was giving out free toys (the bears) at the local mall. Grim became suspicious and picked one of these Bears up that Mandy brought home, and saw "Serisue's" name contained the name "ERIS," and then finally reaped the bears after Mandy's bear attempted to convince Mandy to join Eris's evil plan...

Anyway, I wonder how Robynne is planning to deal with her uncle's arrival. He doesn't know his nephew is now his niece. Should be interesting...maybe the villains can use the blood they collected from the bear attack in the toy store to discern the secret identity of the Spirit Squad members...and maybe capture their family members and friends to blackmail them....

I wonder if we can use such an rpg style for you MGP here as an rpg, with original villains and new Magical Girl and Boy themes. That Tremblo Bass is the Tuxedo Kamen/Mask to Serentity/Sailor Moon...

Robynne reminds me of the Rogue class in WoW...I guess that's what she plays in WoW, Charity is the Priest, and Fortitude is the Warrior, and Valor is the Mage.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:09 am

What would that leave Felicity as? The pet summoner? "Kunapipi I choose you!" XD

I'll be quiet now.
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:06 pm

And Episode 41 of Magical Girl Policy: Uncle Taylor! The Lives of Robynne and Robert Collide! is officially up! Sorry for waiting so long between posts. Life has been kind of busy and this chapter was hard for me to write. Please read it and lend me your comments!

***SPOILERS! READ THE CHAPTER FIRST!***

This chapter was a huge struggle to write for me. Guilt is an emotion that I've never really explored much in my writing. I've done a lot with anxiety, patience, determination and fear... but never guilt. I hope it came out right.

I also really struggled how I'd play up Uncle Taylor. I think it's mostly because I've never been a parent. I tried to focus on something that I've heard said a few times by a few different people, namely that the greatest joys and pains in your life will come from your family. I was trying to show the second part of that equation; Robynne had essentially shut him out of her life and he wanted to be a part of it. It's something I myself have struggled with since college because it's so easy to get wrapped up in the day-to-day details of your life and forget to call your family and just talk to them occasionally. A little bit of effort goes a long way into preventing a lot of worrying.

***End spoilers***

I should have the next chapter up in two weeks (ie: taking a break over Thankgiving). But hopefully you're all so stuffed it doesn't matter. If you're not American I apologize for the break since you won't get to stuff your faces. But rest assured it will only be two weeks between story breaks. Much better than over a month embarrassed

In other news I cannot get that stupid Geico googly-eyed money stack song out of my head. It's driving me crazy.
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby yugi83 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:12 pm

I've enjoyed reading these stories as well as reading Pip's great comics as well. Keep up the good work.
yugi83
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 am

I have read the latest chapter dealing with Robynne meeting her uncle. How is her uncle going to respond to having a niece instead of a nephew? I know at first, Robynne was a bit apprehensive about meeting her uncle in her current form, but I am glad she has friends to help her, like the girls from her dorm and the Spirit Guard members in their civilian forms.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Taralynn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:57 pm

*collapses onto the forum*

Episode... huff... 42 is... done... and posted!

But seriously this was very very hard for me to write. This is the chapter I’ve been building up to for a very, very, very long time. The flow of the conversation between Robynne and Uncle Taylor was something that has had me pacing about my room talking to myself for well over a year now. I tried my best for it flow, to jive, and to work. It’s just hard to make something like trying to convince your family that you’ve changed gender while you were gone seem like a normal conversation. It’s just not normal and never will be.

As you read it, just know I threw in some tidbits to try and give hints and reasons for some of Robynne's previous actions and attitudes. Some are more subtle than others. Feel free to point things out in our reviews

***SPOILERS***

One of the things I did to try to make this conversation more real is giving people full names when telling a story. I don’t know what it is about being a teenager in middle school, but I knew everyone’s first and last names. Maybe it was because of roll call at the beginning of class each year but I knew everyone’s last names and in stories I just always remember using the full names when talking to adults.

I debated back and forth what I should make Uncle Taylor’s occupation. I finally settled on dental hygienist because… well it’s not a bad paying job. It actually pays out fairly well and it has good job security to it. I guess I liked it most though because it helped display the sacrifice Taylor went to in raising Robert. He wanted to be a dentist (much more lucrative) but ultimately settled for less so he could pay the bills. It wasn’t the steepest reduction in pay, but it shows sacrifice I think.

I really loved Taylor’s reaction at the very end. For some reason “Huh” is the only response that made sense to me. I mean, what can you really say to that? It’s just crazy but it’s true. “Huh” was the best response! If anyone else says otherwise they are dirty, filthy, liars! Liars I say!

***END SPOILERS***

I hope this chapter lives up to your expectations. I know it was kind of going to be hard to live up to so if something didn't jive for you, feel free to comment on it. Emotions are the hardest thing for me to convey in writing so any suggestions or even just observations really help me improve.

Now I'm friggin' gonna eat somethin'!
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Sophia Anieri » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Why would anyone say otherwise? It is right. No question.

I really enjoyed the chapter and appreciated the early Christmas present. (Wish I'd thought to post that before now. Ah well! I'll have to make up for it by waiting fr the exact right time to place a "Huh..." ;)
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner