[Writing] I'm such a storywart

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

[Writing] I'm such a storywart

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Behold! My goods! (Get your head out of the gutter!)

(If the site in the link above looks like crap, it's probably because you're using IE. I know my coding skills are poor, but IE isn't as coding-friendly/sensible as Firefox, and I just don't feel like having to go out of my way to make a second design to accomplish in IE what I'm doing in Firefox. So... Get Firefox, you scalawags! (Unless you already have it, of course.) It's free, and it shouldn't hurt to right-click your mouse on the link if you feel like reading one of my stories. Or, if right-clicking doesn't work... whatever.)

*Sticks a flag bearing a nude figure into the leaf-speckled hardcover of Storyland*

First I conquered Captionland with my horrible captions of DOOM, and now I plan the same fate for Storyland!

And all that nonsense. But, seriously, it'd make a great story. Maybe.

Okay, not really.

Or at all.

*Clears throat*

Anyway, much like I have in Captions, I will make this one topic the base of my operations in Stories. All of the updates and content will be here. You can expect the same poor quality in writing here, with these stories, as you did with my captions.

I didn't want to start this without new content, so I have some. It's a story called "Manna." Stories I've done in the past are on the way, and another new one down the road.

Enjoy them or not, here they are. Woo-hoo?
Last edited by Mitera Nikkou on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: I'm such a storywart

Postby Lanzerus » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:00 pm

....If you were to become a novelist, i would have to kill you for being competition, God, its not fair *insert page long temper tantrum involving Your, Kerina's and Tara's writing.*

well, you write awesome, I am currently reading Manna, and i am confused at where in the original plot line it takes place, before or AFTER the two ovas released being the 'third season'

EDIT: Nevermind, after reading further i learned that its after the 'third season'
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:26 pm

Oh, ho!? What's this!?

I'm not following the anime, anyway. The manga's much better, in my opinion.

Anyway, I put my shortest story up there, called Scrumdiddlyumptious. It's also one of the oldest stories I've conceived, and it has gone through a lot of changes as my writing has improved over the years, so... Be kind to the little cripple, okay? :P
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Avast and... um... STUFF! :O

Well, I finally got around to finishing work on Shampooed and Confused. Now I just have one more to improve the spelling and grammar of before I get to work on my flagship, Dark Side of the Moon. From there my updates will only include new material, instead of these old things that I'm fixing up now (which you may have already read).

Enjoy, I guess?
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Not that anyone cares, but still!

Eh... I tried to fix up that other story, but it was in worse shape than the other and I just wasn't in the mood to edit it. So I wrote another new chapter for Manna, instead. Go figure.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Don't hurt yourself.

No need to post a response. I found it boring, too. Dialogue is my literary black hole, in that it both sucks and I can't escape it. <_<;
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lanzerus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 pm

personally i love your writing, i think i have decent skills in something, weather it be art or writing, and i learn my skills are teh noobie.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Weeee~

Not that anyone cares. I added a new story, "Not Half Bad," to the fan-fiction section.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:54 pm

*Frap!*

Nothing new to see, here. Nope.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:39 pm

The mothership is back! @_@

I so didn't post anything just now.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks to your stories I can never drink milk again :wink:.

*Looks around to see if anyone is around*

*Chugs some milk*

Drat! No luck! I mean - ....

I actually only read Scrumdiddlyumptious, but it was very good. Nice and lighthearted humour, made me laugh. I didn't read the others mainly because, erm...

(Will I be banned from here if I say this??)

... I haven't actually ever gotten into Ranma 1/2.

*Hangs head in shame*
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:29 pm

KA-MOTHER-F'ING-BANNED! U_U

I kid, I kid.

*WHAP!*

Well, if you ever become interested in the series, at least the manga's pretty affordable. I don't recommend the anime since I think it blows chocolate chunks. :P

But if you're familiar with Aa! Megami-sama!, you could venture a read with Manna. Not that I'd recommend reading anything I write because, well... Isn't it obvious? :lol:
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Well, I went and read Ranma so I could read some of your other stuff.

Only to feel rather foolish that the intro to "Shampooed and confused" explained everything quite well and didn't really require me to know much at all. That's a plus when dealing with fanfiction, for sure.

It was really well written, but my biggest criticism is that it didn't "feel" like Ranma 1/2 to me. Not that it really has to, I guess I was just expecting a bit more slapsticky humour.

While Akane's actions were reasonable enough, I thought that Ranma's were a rather big stretch. Still though, I'm willing to allow some pretty big stretches for a Ranma-chan/Akane pairing :)

On the whole my reaction is that it was a very good story, and I think you did a great job of writing it. I'm no grammar Nazi, but in that regard it seemed 100% perfect. Which doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, but reading a story and not having to snap out of the world it weaves even once to go "Hey look a typo." really makes it much better. I personally despise the typos in my stuff, I should really proof read more (I post first drafts... bad habit).

Thanks for taking the time to write it, I really enjoyed it.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:16 am

Eh. (Update. Woooo~ ;/)

So long as you didn't read the notorious translations of Ranma 1/2 online... Viz is dependable. *Nod-nods*

As for Shampooed and Confused, I wrote that back when I was a terrible writer. It's not so much of a stretch as it used to be, after I fixed it up not too long ago. But I figure the logic and circumstances behind it make it okay. I'm not too worried about a lack of slapstick and comedy since there are plenty of instances in the series where it gets serious... Although they're usually interrupted by something, silly or not. (Such as the time when Ranma and Akane were alone in the closet, during the battle dougi story.)

But thanks for taking the time to read it. I hope you don't live to regret the time you wasted. :P I'd reciprocate and read some of your own stories, but... I haven't been in much of a reading mood for years. It's tough enough to get myself to write stuff. <_<; (Besides which, I'm no good at giving comments and criticisms, and my confidence in grammar correction is virtually non-existent.)
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:46 am

Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Creative Corner