A new story from Gitskreig

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

A new story from Gitskreig

Postby Gee-chan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:10 pm

This came to me in a dream and I decided to get it down and expand on it before I lost the idea. The places are based on real places near where I live, the names are the same but the details may differ.

Title pending (no its not called Title Pending, I just havn't thought of a good title yet)

Throughout history, across the world there have been those who have been able to perceive the energy the human spirit carries and the karma that affects it. In very rare cases these individuals have discovered the ability to harness this energy to create, destroy and alter. While most would call such things alchemy and impossible, no-one can deny the fame brought to one man who could perform such a feat. A man named Jesus Christ. However even for these powerful harnessers of reality there is still a cost to everything they do which will catch up with them sooner or later, for this man it was betrayal, hallucinations of the divine and the eventual nailing to a tree.

The skill however can manifest in more ways than one, it can inspire, or degrade. Those inspired can make masterpieces of art, music and wisdom, (those known would be ones such as Mozart, Picasso and the great philosophers of ancient Greece) while those whose ideas are twisted and degraded can instigate the most horrific deeds imaginable (the leaders of the Holocaust, the religious hate spinners and murderers).

This story follows a young boy who has found himself seeing things that none of those around him can. Scared and confused, Daniel has since been left in a children’s home when his parents couldn’t deal with him any more. Moving from foster home to foster home, being sent back by some, running away from others, Daniel has found himself in the care of a young woman named Chloe who lives in the seaside town of Hornsea, and shall present a remarkable turning point in the lives of many of those around her.

This is their story.

Chapter 1 coming soon
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: A new story from Gitskreig

Postby Gee-chan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:54 am

Yeah this was long in coming but I got distracted. Please tell me what you think of the first part.

Chapter 1
The door was a familiar sight for Daniel. An entrance and an exit, each often used in quick succession. Around it drifted the essence of those who had used it; men, women, children, their scents all drifting into one as they converged upon this one point of passage before separating once they had thanklessly used it and gone in their own direction. This door in particular was one Daniel was all too used to seeing.

“Well here you are again” said the man who accompanied the boy. He was a tall man in a smart suit. His hair a sandy blond with hints of grey slowly emerging but despite this was not receding. His build was a large one; a full belly visible below a broad chest and wide, strong shoulders which carried muscular, large handed arms. The man held the boy by the shoulder in a firm grip. Without such a grip clasping him the boy would have wriggled free and ran off again rather than go back.

The building that the pair stood in front of was a large house with an old design, placed on the edge of the small village of Withernwick. Named Prospect House, it had been bought up by a middle aged couple and refashioned into a children’s home of sorts. These owners were never seen at the house themselves; they didn’t care for looking after troublesome children who were no longer welcomed by the state owned facilities for whatever reason. Instead they hired workers to keep an eye on the place while they lived off the substantial government grants given to such organisations. Daniel had been placed here because he was a handful; seemingly suffering from constant minor hallucinations he had been put through many psychological tests both by his parents and the care homes, the result being that he was mentally sound and that there was no cause for the things he saw. This was only the preliminary tests however. After an accident involving the reckless riding of a bicycle (he came off his bike and broke his arm) he was admitted to hospital. While he was here there was an accident where one of the nurses impaled her hand on a knife. While the damage was not too serious, Daniel had blamed himself, according to him he had caused it by granting something she did not deserve. From this point on Daniel was increasingly difficult with those he saw as ‘bad’. The reasons behind his judgements were never discovered and eventually his parents gave up on him at the age of 7. In the children’s home he found home after home but was never able to settle in and at the age of 8 was sent to Prospect house. Here his pattern of repetition continued and still does till this day.

Now at the age of 9, Daniel is back where he began. He turned away from his captor. The man smelled like an old black dog and his pores were flecked with a red that pierced through the blue mist that surrounded him. He did not like this man.

“It looks like you may have a new home already” the big man continued as he opened the door and the pair stepped through into a corridor. Daniel looked at him questioningly. “She’s a psychology graduate named Chloe. It seems she has heard of you and wishes to study you for her doctorate.”

“Let me guess” said Daniel, “She’s another touchy-feely person who wants to know how my mind is playing with me.”

“Not quite” said the man, “When she first came to enquire about you she said she wanted to know what it was you were seeing and what you thought it meant. Unlike some of the already qualified analysts, this woman wants to look to you in a different light.”

“What? As completely insane rather than just troubled?” said Daniel

“No. As someone who is seeing more than the obvious, seeing what we cannot.” replied the man.

Daniel did not reply to this. To be honest he was getting hopeful but he had been let down so many times that he did not allow himself to. The pair went through another door. In this room was a sofa. Sat upon it were two people; the manager of the house and a young woman he had never seen before. The manager was an old, balding man with a thin face, a scent like an old fish (not rotten, just aging) and cloudy, purple aura. The woman looked barely older than 20, with long, rich brown hair tied behind her, bright blue eyes and a smile that radiated with warmth and kindness. The only crimson on her was buried deep beneath a thick layer of sky blue and she smelled like a kitten, curious and playful.

“Well, this is Daniel” said the large man. The woman looked at the boy in question.

“Hello Daniel.” She said, smiling. “I’m Chloe.”

“Hello” replied Daniel, he didn’t know whether he liked Chloe but he knew that he could trust her.

“I hope you can handle him” said the manager, “As you know he has not yet found a family that would put up with him.”

“Yes I know” said Chloe, “I have also heard about why he has had such difficulty, which is why he is so interesting to me.”

“Even so,” said the manager, “If you can’t cope with him—“

“—just send him back with the other rubbish we have here” interrupted Daniel sourly. “Yeah we all know the drill.”

“I have no intention of doing that” said Chloe, she turned to the manager “If it is ok with you would I be allowed to spend the day with Daniel and fill out the paperwork later?”

“I have no objection” said the manager

“So Daniel?” said Chloe, “You hungry? I was going to go get some lunch in town while the forms were being checked over. Want to come with?”

“Yeah alright” answered Daniel.

Daniel and Chloe left the room and got into Chloe’s car. It was not a fancy car. But then again Chloe never thought a car has to be fancy. To her it was a means of transport, a tool to get her from A to B, not a fashion statement (that’s what clothes were for). It was a hot day, the first really hot say that Yorkshire had experienced in months of very British weather and inside that car it felt even hotter with no air conditioning. The pair had to put up with it though through the 20 minute journey to the nearby town of Hornsea as there were no shops in a small village like Withernwick.

When Chloe parked her car the pair staggered out.

“I think we deserve ice-creams after that” said Chloe and Daniel had no objection.

2 minutes later the pair had ice-creams in hand and were walking along the beach.

“This town is always a mess” said Daniel, looking over his shoulder at the thick, purple hue that hung over the town.

“You think so?” asked Chloe, “I always thought it was quite clean.”

“Not with rubbish” said Daniel, “With people. There are so many of them their auras intermingle making it hard to see.”

“Their auras?” questioned Chloe.

“Yes” said Daniel, “Everyone else acts like they can’t see them even though they are in plain sight.”

“I can’t see them” said Chloe, “What if it is only you who can?”

“I never thought of that…” admitted Daniel

“Tell me about them Daniel” said Chloe, “Tell me what it is that you see.”
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Return to Creative Corner