A literary universe

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

A literary universe

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:44 am

(Please note: The page will likely look bad in IE (or so I saw using IE7). If you have Firefox, Opera or Netscape, I recommend those browsers. I could have accommodated for IE but I'm too lazy for that... My code's not perfect but at least Firefox accommodates me. ;/ )

Right... Despite my doubt as to whether or not anyone else will ever use this, I decided to see this to the end of its completion. And for that completion I need what I can only find outside: you. ;p I need to be sure that the information can be understood, whether or not I need to elaborate or add something somewhere, and other such things. Just questions should help, if nothing else. Whatever can clean up after my scatter-brained droppings. XD

My intended plan is to just have a literary universe that open to anyone that wants to dabble in it. Whatever happens to it, happens. I just wanted to try to bring together a bunch of concepts that are often unrelated and/or autonomous between each other.

Lunatus Graphia
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: A literary universe

Postby Raleigh » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:01 am

Creation is like air to me, its something I must do in order to live. In what ways might I help? I am no better with names than you are but I'm always willing to help in the creation of locations, settings, races, worlds, beastiaries (I love these.), logics, magics and so on and so forth.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:31 am

Well, a lot of those are pretty much open to the imagination in this universe, so those things could never be completed no matter how many generations attempt to do so. ;p

It's mainly the concept itself that allows those things that I want poked at. Are there holes somewhere in the scheme? Does something not make sense, seem to contradict or be missing, or need to be elaborated? And, most importantly of all, is it easy enough to wrap your head around or does the language or a lack of harmonious arrangement, if any (I'm sure there is, as this is me we're talking about), inhibit comprehension?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:08 am

Thats what I like about it, the eternal quest that can never be completed. That alone ups my interest, consider it my Quixotic nature if you so desire.

I had no problem understanding either the words or the intent of the site but you might want to ask for more opinions than simply mine. I do tend to dabble in the far end of the paradox/reality hypocrisy a lot so I'm not overly indicative of the normal pderson. My only complaint is that the image and then the explanations are so far down on the page when it opens. Admittedly I viewed it in IE7 but currently my computer doesn't have any other browsers but you seem to already know about that issue. Wish I could offer you help with the image since I see what you are wanting but sadly graphical ability isn't in my list of talents. ((I couldn't draw a decent stick figure with a straight edge and professional pens/pencils nor with the best rendering programs possible.))
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:06 am

Well, I have explored many possibilities, because I've been dreaming the impossibility of writing a trilogy in this universe. For instance, I came up with three different ways in which reincarnation occurs. You've already seen an alternative kind of transmigration. And while I did use the crescent shape because of my interest in moon-related things (thus why I've had the name "Crescent Pulsar" for a decade, now), I did make sure that I could come up with a rational/logical reason that didn't contradict the concept of the universe. Mwa-ha-ha!

As for the browser, you can download Firefox for free. I always use it, and it has always been reliable for me. At the very least it's good to have another browser or two for when compatibility becomes a problem. I only ever have to use IE for sites that won't work right, or at all, without ActiveX... Which is a feature of IE. But I consider it too much of a liability, so I prefer to not use it. And IE is such a pain when it comes to coding... It doesn't even support the affixation of elements in CSS. Which is downright silly. Basically, it seems like IE wants the code to bend to its will instead of bending to the code's will. Which probably causes most if not all of the browser compatibility issues. In the end I support the code, and Firefox does a better job of that than IE. And all that off-topic stuff. <.<;

Right, so... I guess I need people who are more along the lines of normal. Whatever that is. :O
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Normalcy is overrated but yeah, might want a more normal persons opinion.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Where are they? Please help...~ *Googly eyes of DOOM*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 pm

Uhm... that way? *Points off to the right.* I think Caprice or Rowan or Lian was that way. I think they are more normal that I am at least.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:42 pm

Oh, sorry... I was asking other people. XD Although if you could round someone up... :P I have someone I'm going to lasso. Mwa-ha-ha!
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:45 am

I'll see if I can find anybody. Most of the ones I know aren't here at the moment, I think they are off with family for the holidays though so it'll have to wait until they get back.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Raleigh » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:25 pm

Okay, now that I looked at the site with firefox I can honestly say I like the layout. Very nicely done.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Boo to IE! Hooray Firefox! :D

And, as I expected, posting this here didn't give me the help that I was looking for. No offense Raleigh, but just one "it seems fine to me" isn't very conclusive. XD I mean, if no one else is saying they can't understand it, it'd help to hear the approvals. Or, if they find something that needs an adjustment or something, to say so. *Sighs* I don't want to set up a universe, for myself and others, if, for all that I know, I'm one of the few who understand it enough to write in it.

Have I guilt-tripped anyone? Well? Anyone? Anyone at all? ;p
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Creative Corner