Stargazers: Book One ~Earth of a Thousand Names~

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Stargazers: Book One ~Earth of a Thousand Names~

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:14 am

Allo again, I'm so an active member here ^^ *shot*

My forte is stories, not captions, in case no one can tell that I've only posted two so far. I will have more in the future, but I love getting lost in fantasy more than being a sarcastic pain in the ass to my friend Nate. XP

So, the story's not TG, but UDD Commander has been helping me write the first book over the last year and a half, and I can proudly say its been completed. Enjoy. ^_^
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 am

Prologue 1- The Suedo

A young girl was sitting by herself in the middle of a very large library, looking over some scrolls. The bells struck five, which was picked you by the strange ears on top of her head. Along with her human ears, she had a pair of fox-like ears among her brown hair, shimmering silver. She was Dessa Khyla-Imagi Deruyah, a member of the Mufiyan tribe. About seventeen, she was considered insane by those who did not know her well, and hyper by all.

She stood up, showing her fox tail, also shimmering silver from her tailbone nearly to the floor. Her feet were more like paws then anything else, wrapped in the same shimmering sliver fur as her ears and tail; this was not unusual for her culture. All of them have animal traits, from wolfs or hawks, or even snake traits can be shown. She wore her usual tan shirt and short skirt with a tan choker and a blue/green checkerboard pattern around the bottom of her skirt and shirt.
She rolled up the scrolls, and figuring no one would mind if she borrowed them for a bit, took them with her. She made her way out side, to the town center for the ceremony, Sudeo.

Sudeo was held every fall at the equinox in celebration of the harvest. And so the cold nights would come and bring them grand views of the stars and the dead. She was one of the three dancers in the ceremony, along with her sisters, symbolizing the Sun, the Moon, the Stars and Life. She was to represent Stars and Moon, with her older sister, Seruyah, being Sun, and her younger, Neomancia, being Life.

As she appeared in the plaza of her small town she looked at the pile of wood and spare articles that was set up for the bonfire. She moved to a table where she picked up a tambourine that she would be playing for a short while. While doing so she look around at the stalls set up, full of food and games she remembered as very fun, it was more of a festival then an actual ceremony. The night would start with the three sisters bringing the monument to an altar in the front of the fire to honor all they valued of the previous and coming months.

Soon night fell and the sisters were dressed for the ceremony. They held up a small Asiatic monument for their ancestors; it looked like a large dollhouse, and was lightweight. They marched down the aisle, with Seruyah carrying most of the weight, and gently laid it down in front of the altar. Then they backed away and bowed to it with all the people watching them perform their duty. Dessa then approached and walked behind it to read the usual rites and a sermon. (Being in the native tongue of her people, I will not write the sermon here, for it loses most, if not all of it's meaning in the translation.) The bell then sounded, ending the sermon and beginning the festivities.
Dessa was about to join in when she had an odd feeling that she could not explain. She would had ignored it, had something not happened soon after...
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:16 am

Prologue 2- The Ceremony

Dessa took her place behind the altar, along with her sisters. Suddenly the siblings stood completely still, as if death had taken them early. Then Dessa opened her eyes, slightly glowing green. Her voice was drastically different when she spoke and it was obvious it was not her who spoke.
“This is to tell you that this girl now channels the voice of Lumineya, the Illusion and Judgment; the Moon and Stars as well as Rebirth. The Moon, Stars, and Sun have aligned with the altar this night. To those of you who know what this means it is already too late…â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:17 am

Chapter 1- Awakening

She awoke next to a metal sculpture. The night was hotter then it was cool, but felt like that would change. Her paw/feet were stuffed into shoes a bit too narrow and socks that only served to make her hotter then she already was. Her arms were barely covered by the short sleeves of a blue shirt and a pair of blue jeans served to cover up her leg fur and hide her tail, which was strapped somewhat painfully to her right leg. Her fox ears were the most comfortable, that was to say that they were hidden under a hat with a small brim above her face. She stood up, and noticed that the sculpture she had woken up next to was part of a small landscape for a small building. Across a wide black surface was another, larger building with large orange letters glowing near the top.
“The Home Depot,â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:19 am

Chapter 2- The Commander

The men stopped, puzzled.
“You lie, Commander Bruce has a scar going down his face from the left over his right eye,â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:19 am

Chapter 3- The UDD

They rematerialized in a room, with one woman standing behind a console in front and two men holding guns at each side, all wearing a uniform like Bruce's, but their shirt was tan and none of them had as many patches as him. One came forward, three bronze arrows with two half circles underneath on a plate on his right leg and red stripes near the end of his sleeves showed him as the leader of the men at the sides.
"Sir, what is the situation?"Â
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:20 am

Chapter 4- Doctor's Visit

She was poked and prodded, told to lay on a bed that was as firm as a brick and remarkably less comfortable. Then they took samples of blood, hair, saliva, fur, fingernails, more blood, skin, urine, earwax, toe claws and even more blood. When she thought they had done every test they could they came up with more, and more, and more. Finally the Doctor took her to a small room and watched as another doctor, a man, perform the final test. By the time she had actually gotten clothes that fit well she was tired, hungry, thirsty, hot, and ready to kill the doctor who performed the final test. She sat on the edge of one of the beds while the doctors either thought of more tests or told their superiors the results. She was now wearing a purple T-shirt, shorts with a hole for her tail in the back and sandals specially made for her paws. People came back and forth out of the room, but only a handful caught her eye. This man with dirty blond hair and a chin-beard came in and looked at her and then left after telling the doctor something. Next a short woman with long black hair and glasses came in. Although she never met her eyes Asu couldn't help but think that she was watching her. Then, three men came in to talk with the doctor. One had a near buzz cut that barely let his black hair show, another had mixed brown-blond hair and glasses, the last one had red hair and seemed a little more at ease then the other two. All of them came in, talked to the doctor, and then left in short order. No one else came in for several minutes, until Bruce came back in and came up to her.

"Sorry for the wait, just needed to get some things sorted out, if you'll come with me we can finish this quickly."
"Finish what?"
"Just a few questions, don't worry, it won't take long."
She followed him down the hall, into a turbolift, that took off with out a word.
"Where are we going?"
"Classified, and don't try anything, there are enough defenses that an army couldn't get though."
She became very still.
"That won't help you if the computer decides you're a risk."
The turbolift's doors opened to a hallway with four doors at the sides and a large one at the end with four people in different uniforms standing near it. This door was also the only one made of wood and the handles showed that it also had to be opened by hand, not by walking up to it. The four came to attention as soon as the door opened, and the two closest to the door opened it with obvious effort. They walked right past them, though the door into a dark room. The room had a chair in the middle of a circle of light, and a table that was covered in shadow except for the center where an empty, high backed, wooden chair was. To the side of it were four figures sitting down. The light was just so that she could see that they were there, but couldn't tell anything about them. Bruce took a seat at the chair in the light behind the table, leaving Asu the chair in front of the table. As soon as she sat down Bruce spoke.

"General inquiry, into a level 8, code red situation by the Council of the United Dimensions, full session. All council members present and accounted for on this, the 28th day of June, in the year 2005 A.D. in dimension U1. Being questioned is one Asuyuka Meya Kimeno, in being the sentient that made the ordering of the level 8 to be required under UDD regulation number 239.2b. Questioning will begin with the representative of dimension T1d."
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:22 am

Chapter 5- The Council

The figure at the far left of the table stood, the out line showed it to be a man. He moved near the light, some times letting a sleeve into the light as he moved, showing a gray shoulder with a black sleeve and a red stripe at about the same place as Bruce’s.

“Where are you from?â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Chapter 6- Mirror Match

Ash came at Asu, jumping up to put extra force into the overhead swing…or so it seemed. At the last minute she came from the left and Asu barely had time to block it. Ash then swirled and jabbed the end of the scythe at her stomach. Asu dodged, barely and then blocked the next slash, and then jabbed the end of her scythe into Ash's foot. If she felt any pain, it wasn't showing on her face or actions as she brought the scythe around and cut off about an inch of Asu's hair. A muttering came from the table, but quickly stopped as Asu managed to cut some of Ash's hair too. Asu had no idea how she was supposed to win, as Ash came repeatedly and left no openings that she could see.
Asu spun as she came to block another slash from the side, then felt something warm and wet on top of her head, then realized it was her blood. Ash had cut off a good half an inch of her ear and she hadn't noticed. At the table Bruce started to make a motion, then stopped midway. Ash came back around and made a slash to the ankles. Asu jumped over, but it still caught a bit of tail. Ash then made a series of long, interlocked loops that left more hair on the floor and small cuts over Asu's arms. Then a sudden jab to the chin stunned her long enough for Ash to move in and punch her in the nose. She fell, losing her scythe. Ash came over and held the scythe's blade inches away from Asu's neck. Then Bruce spoke.
"That, thankfully, won't be required Barb."
Ash moved back and collapsed her scythe back into a small metal pole that she put on her belt.
"The council has determined that she is not a modified clone of you."
"Good, may I please get back to my job now?"
"Just a moment, afterwards please."
"Alright, I'll be outside."
Ash left though the double doors as the figures at the table murmured to one another.
"Giving her Charlie is too much of a risk, she could have sleeper programming."
"And what if her story is true and there is a possible new risk from this Lumineya or another from her dimension? Echo is to little if she remembered something we need to know."
"You are over looking a level, you two."
"You want to give her Delta level clearance?"
"That would be a compromise."
"…Alright"
Bruce motioned to one of the guards at the door "Petty Officer, please assign guest quarters for Miss Kimeno. And get her to sickbay to take care of those cuts."
As Asu followed the guard they passed by Ash again. She looked up for a moment, then slid down the wall and put her arms around her knees with her forehead on them.
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Chapter 7- Pep Talk

Bruce came out of the council room and saw Ash sitting against the wall. He went over to her and sat down next to her.
"Sorry about that, but any other vote would have gotten me discounted and the majority declared anyway."
"That doesn't make it any better."
"I know, but at least this way I know that they know that I didn't want to put you though this fifty years from now."
"Nate, you're the seventeen-year-old cyborg twice savior of five dimensions, and the face of the most dangerous dimension known; you can stop thinking that anyone will forget your life anytime soon."
"Hey, who helped out the second time?"
"I did, but don't change the subject."
"Okay, just saying that no one will forget about you anytime soon either."
"I hope they forget this part"
"I hope so too, but I wouldn't bet on it."
"Can I get back to the Genetics Lab now?"
"What are you working on anyway?"
"That Human Enhancement project you set me up on, Mister Catholic."
"Hey, I don't like it either, but it will give us an edge and save lives…By the way, we got a letter from that girl we saved two weeks ago in LA.
"Autumn? The one that was in a car crash and parents didn't make it? Isn't she five?"
"Yeah, more of a drawing really, from what I can tell, I'm a muscle bound superman who ripped the entire car apart just to get her, and you're a female version of Nightcrawler with out the blue fur and tail."
"That's inventive, how good is it?"
"Better then anything I ever did in art. Speaking of art, wanna come to the play I'm in? The Punishment of Penthor."
"Greek?"
"Style, written about a hundred years ago in T1d.
"Sure, what time is it?"
"Right now, I've gotta go or it gonna be the understudy instead of me as Penthor."
"Then lets go."

Asu walked into the room the Petty Officer assigned her. Her hair was back to normal length and all the cuts were healed in a second by the woman doctor. The room was split into two sections, one for sleeping, one for eating, and had a bathroom at the end of the sleeping area. Two paintings and a vase of fake flowers where the only decoration. The sheets, while purple and obviously feminine, where also very plain. She picked up the only book in the room A Study of the Canine Brain Volume 2: Foxes by Lt. (jg) Jared Wonnacott. And set it on the nightstand where it would help her get to sleep. She then said to herself,
"I wonder where Nate is?"
"Commander Bruce is in the Amphitheatre," said a female voice from the ceiling. "For directions please pick up the PADD on the table and press "Directions".
She picked up the flat cup coaster like object and pressed the button near the bottom. She then followed the directions out the door.
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:23 am

Chapter 8- The Play

Asu walked into the auditorium, rows upon rows of chairs formed a semi-circle around the stage. In the middle of the stage was Bruce; he wore a tunic of pure white with a line of purple around the edge. He also wore a mask; the left side was beautiful, everything about it was perfect, the ear, the eye, the nose. This was shown too in his hair, which was neatly slicked back and had a shine to it. The right side was a different matter entirely. It was hideous, from the pointed teeth in the mouth to the small horn growing out of the fore head. This was also shown in the hair, as on this side it was ragged, unkempt, and greasy. He was speaking out to the audience, his voice loud and holding a strong conviction behind it.

"…Did I not burn the arsonist? His punishment was not enough, nay; I say that had he survived he would have been burned once for every house. And the murderer? Did he not get what he deserved? To have been killed by starvation was too kind a death, much kinder then he deserved. Where ever I went, I made sure justice followed, as swift as the sun itself, and much swifter then any mortal man could dream of. Surely, I am here, near the peak of Mount Olympus, to be rewarded by almighty Zeus. Surely they have prepared a spot for me. Hush now, they come.

Three men, wearing tunics of pure white came down, lifted by a machine just above them. The one on the left held a Helmet that gleamed in the light. The one on the right held a golden spear with three points at its end. The last held a bolt of lighting, and his head was ringed by an olive branch.
"All powerful sons of Kronos and Rheia, how may I serve you?
The middle one spoke. "Penthor, you are here to be punished."
"Punished? What do you mean mighty Zeus?"
"You preformed great evil during your time among mortals," said the left one.
"Hades, lord of the dead, what evil do you speak of? Did I not punish those who preformed crime most heinous?"
"That was not your crime Penthor," said the right one. "Your crime was more villainous then any crime you punished."
"You punished the Guilty, but you neglected the innocent."
"That crime carries more weight then a dozen murders. You have no place in any realm we can find. Therefore, you shall be sent back into the mortal realm as little more then a shadow. You shall see the innocent that you failed to protect, and be powerless to help them"
Bruce started shaking, "Merciful Zeus, please, any other punishment. Let me share in Tantalus's torture, anything but that."
"I have been merciful, in that this punishment is not forever, but when it is up, you shall not be rewarded in anyway."
The three rose, as the lights dimmed and centered around twelve men in tunics of gray.

"The one who punishes the guilty is himself guilty. The one who took lives, but saved none will no longer have any power. And when he does come among the dead, it shall be as little more then nothing." At this all the lights turned off as the stage disappeared in the darkness.
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:24 am

Chapter 9- Breakthough

Bruce came toward the lights, the mask making him as Penthor, off. He bowed to the crowd and raised his hand as the audience came down towards the stage. Asu took this as a necessity, and went right up to Bruce. He was with eight others, Ash was among them, and so were the men from sickbay and the short black haired woman. The only people she didn’t recognize was a young man, cubby to the point of fat, but otherwise he looked like a younger, taller Bruce and a lanky man with semi-long blond hair back in a loose ponytail and a light, scruffy looking beard. They all wore the same uniform, how Bruce could change that fast amazed her, but the color red was the most common followed by blue, with only one wearing the tan-gold kaki that was all round them. As she came towards them the man with the chin-beard look at her then spoke in Bruce’s ear. He turned and looked her right in the eyes again with that piercing gaze.
“Ah, Miss Kimeno, I hope you like the performance.â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:24 am

Chapter 10- Priorites

“Rath, Beth, Barb, give us some cover fire,â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:26 am

Chapter 11- Captured

Rath opened fire at the swarm around the hole, letting energy, explosions and shrapnel cover the area as the arms of the backpack he wore spit out an amazing amount of firepower in rockets, energy orbs, and laser beams. The effect was noticeable, but did nothing to stop the survivors as they left the wounded where they lay. The older Bruce, with the chin beard, was the first to use his sword, as he threw it. It cut the legs out of one, then landed the point into two of them.
Absolute chaos was all that could be said after that. Everyone jumped, slashed, parried, trusted, and punched at anyone in their way. Yet, none of the 10 ever hit one another. They all seemed to make a morbid dance, leaving blood and parts and the dead behind them in a graceful series. No one missed a beat as Rath joined, swapping his backpack mounted siege weapon for a short sword. Then as clear as day Bruce and Steven met.
Bruce stood with his arms out wide, inviting the other in to a trap. He parried the trust, and put a right hook where Steven’s jaw was half a second earlier. Steven slashed upwards and downwards. But Bruce was not easily trapped, as he batted both swords away with his right, then made a wide, looping slash with his left. Their skills with their blades evenly matched, or so it seemed. Steven let lose a bolt of blue lightning that Bruce caught and sent it at a man/machine that was about to come down on Beth. Bruce then sent a swirl of red and green light at Steven with his fingers. It was then that Asu decided to break the careful balance that Bruce had maintained.
She came in, brass knuckles hitting Steven’s head soundly. Steven recovered quickly and made a hasty slash at her, which she caught on the knuckles. Steven now had to fight two instead of just one. He decided to fix that, by dropping a fist sized box on the ground, and a count down started on its digital display.
“You have two minutes before a twenty megaton blast rips this place apart. I suggest you start working on hacking its clock now.â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Asuyuka » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:28 am

Chapter 12- The Demon and the Apprentice

Bruce turned to the others, all of the henchmen having been taken care of.
“Any ideas of what we should do about that snatch and run?â€
Asuyuka
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Next

Return to Creative Corner