[2007.07.07] Writing Prompt - Physics and TG (^.~)

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

[2007.07.07] Writing Prompt - Physics and TG (^.~)

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:32 pm

Slight Paraphrase of Newton, not the Fig wrote:Newton's Third Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction

So then, in theory, everytime somebody gets zapped boy to girl with explanation or not, there is an equal and opposite corresponding zap female to male, perhaps at some distance to the original zappee. Thus, every 'unexplained' transformation is simply a reciprocal to an 'explained' transformation somewhere else.

Taking into consideration conservation of mass and energy (first law of thermodynamics, or in this case, zappydynamics ^.~), one could postulate that the zaps occur as such.

-- Outside force acts upon Girl A to transform her into Boy A.
-- Concurrent or slightly subsequent to this, the reciprocal force acts upon Boy B to transform him into Girl B(, apprently without explanation unless one considers the pairing as a whole system, rather than isolated individuals.).
-- And due to conservation, Girl B's form is identical to Girl A's form just as Boy A's form is identical to Boy B's form.

Now... for this to work as conceived, the original boy and original girl have to be a system/pairing. There has to be some rationale or explanation why these two are 'linked' with a shared 'destiny.'

-

As a writing challenge, your task is two-fold:

First: to explain what this link is that makes the two discrete people be considered "one system" for purposes of zappy as explained above. Keep in mind that empiricism appears to prevent such 'easy' explanations as a sibling/twinning pair (very little, if any, zappy 'victims' has a twin or sister that is simultaneously zapped. And if they are, it must be for a reason other than the familial relationship.) or the tenuously explained soulmate bonding (due to empirical 'evidence' of same-gender soulmate pairings M-M and F-F which would appear to preclude cross-gender 'zappy' transformations).

Second: to write a brief story or scene that explores or explains the concepts you developed for the first part of the task.
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Gee-chan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:53 am

hmmm...

Gotta admit, I like that (I had been told that law in physics but I had never really fully considered its implications). As its something to think about I am going to try to accept your challenge. Just don't blame me if the cosmic balance is overthrown and all creation must start anew in order to rectify it...
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Return to Creative Corner