artistic help....

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

artistic help....

Postby FinalHaven » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:01 pm

cant seem to get skin coloring/ shading right. either its too light or too dark, cant seem to get it right. thought i'd ask some art places i knew of like this one. any suggestions on how to do skin coloring.... or any coloring... up untill few months ago i just drew pics... then started to scan and outline them.. now trying to make color pics. any advice would be nice. sorry if this is the wrong spot/ place to put this...
Hiya
FinalHaven
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Zack Gongaga » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:55 am

Well, if you color in photoshop get a pallet of skin colors going that work for you - and if you can't get the colors on your own to begin with, try just eyedropping from pictures where you like the skin color - to steal.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kuda » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:38 pm

Well, with photoshop, its mostly a trial and error thing. Though try setting your colors to a light mix of yellow and orange and work from there.
Kuda
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:40 pm

In Photoshop, I've found that using some sort of peachy tone is my most surefire bet for skin. Take it to the spot sort of between red and orange, not true orange but not pink either- the top part- and fiddle around to see what looks good. I know I've seen some effective use of browner tones as well, but those are trickier to play with.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Beyond » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Use this:

Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Return to Creative Corner