Muffinstud's story corner

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Muffinstud's story corner

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 am

Okay, I'm trying to get some story action organized around here. I intend to post all of Angel Tease here in one convenient spot, plus whatever other kinds of crap fall out of my head. I give admins full permission to post my stories on the site, and I give anyone and everyone free reign as far as comments go.

Here goes.

Free Drinks Complete!

4 Months Complete!

Mitchie Complete!

Fly In The Ointment Complete!

Angel Tease (All parts) Incomplete

Luck be a Rabbit (Complete!)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

The Swimmer (Incomplete)
Part 1
Last edited by muffinstud on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:27 am

Okay, so I have another story cooking, but I want some input on the last one regarding one thing.

How did you feel about the pictures? Did it help with the story? Did it interrupt the flow at all? Did you want more? Did you see any relatives?

How I format the next one depends on how you feel about it.

Also, I promise I'm working on finishing Angel Tease. Really. I liken me and my muse to driving in a car. It's really hard to keep going straight when the person in the passenger seat is screaming "Go left! For the love of fuzzy monkeys, go left!"

Kinda distracting.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Sophia Anieri » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:14 am

I thought that the pictures helped a lot in visualizing the story, and I think the story was excellent.
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby UDDCommander » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:11 pm

Pictures are always good, and they do help visualize the story. Either way the story was great.
I hate Writer's Block, it's like trying to fight Kefka on level 2 with 1 phoenix down
UDDCommander
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Musashi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:05 am

You are a very good writer, Mr. Neko Bread. :D I think using pictures is fine. If you find pictures that fit a story, go for it! It didn't seem to interrupt da flooooow.

Also, I just went through Angel Tease, and I have to say... thank you for mentioning that girls actually have bodyhair. XD; I know that sounds odd, but I just never ever see it done. Maybe once before, but that's it. I mean, I can understand that in anime-style I guess, cause anime characters don't have any. But when going for realism... I dunno, I guess writers usually give TFees the "first shave/wax free" and never mention it again? *Shrug* Or they don't believe girls have any...? >_>;

And it is very well written. *Nodnod* Detailed, and good characterization. I present you with a pat of GENUINE BUTTER as a reward!
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby The Fungus from Yuggoth » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:28 pm

I absolutly ADORE Mitchie, which is unusual considering I normally despise romance :P Keep the stories coming, I COMMAND IT!!!!
Believe in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!

The Fungus from Yuggoth: MSF's friendly misanthrope and optimistic nihilist!

*Adoptive mother of Mendokusee and Sheendo! ^_^*

The Fungus from Yuggoth
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:54 pm

Wow. Thank you all. I appreciate your input (especially since most of it was praise) and I will do my best to increase the quality of my work for you. Why? Well, what's the point of writing if you don't better yourself while you do it?

Also, I have the first part of a serial up. Kinda the same vein as "Mitchie," but less mushy and more detail. There's a common theme to the names of people in the story, and it should be painfully obvious by the time I finish the second installment.

Why do I do it? The same reason I eat 5 pounds of mashed potatoes at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Because I can.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:37 pm

Okay, I finally know why it's been forever and a day since I've done anything with "Angel Tease" and "Swimmer." The reason?

I had to finish another story first.

The new story is called "Fly In The Ointment." I started out with a certain goal, but that got royally screwed up during the writing process. It went from a short story of revenge to a story of I don't know any more. I tried to keep things as realistic as possible, while trying to keep it entertaining. If it doesn't bore you, then I have succeeded. I don't know just what I've succeeded at, but hey, it's still success, right?

Thankfully, this should leave me free to finish my unfinished projects. (trust me, there's more than just these two.) Ahh, sweet sweet closure. I can almost smell it now.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Muffinstud's story corner

Postby muffinstud » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 am

What? I thought this thread imploded on itself! Weird.

Anyhoo, new story. It's a short one, but long enough not to be considered a caption. That and it has two pictures. And it's sweet. I tried to balance it out with humor, but I'm afraid the majority of the audience will be hurling their livers out at the end.

Sorry in advance, and please mail your extra livers to me if you hurl them.

4 Months
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 pm

Okay, so I'm lazy. That much has already been determined. Now I'm looking to alleviate that laziness with a little outside help. How you say? Simple.

I'm looking for someone to be my proofreader.

Now granted, I don't have any funds to use as remunerations for any of your efforts, but I do have something that the insane and somewhat mental persons here like myself might be interested in. For every story you proofread for me (mostly feedback so I can edit flow. haven't met a spell checker I haven't beat yet) I will give you a request in the form of a short story or a caption. If a story, just give me what kind of tf or consequences you want to happen. If a caption, supply a picture and a general direction you want me to take. You can be as specific or generalized as you wish. Oh, and of course you wouldn't have to proofread your own request. That'd be a never-ending spiral of silliness and toast. Mmm, toast.

Edit: Proofreader found. If anyone else would like to apply, feel free. I'd like to get a couple opinions on some of my stories.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Queen Octavia » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Rawr, I just read through your stories and they were nom nom nom nummy in mah tummy! Even better than the bagel I had for breakfast (Hope that wasn't your cousin or anything).

I had read most of 'em before, but they were just as tasty the second time. I thought I had commented on some of them before, but I can't seem to find that so I'll comment again, rawr.

Hmmm, where to start, where to start...

I guess I'll start with the one with no name that you didn't even link to in your post, since you have scorned it so it needs some love. I thought it was somewheres between spiff-tastic and spiff-tacular, it was just that spiffy. It was slow without being drawn out and fast without being rushed! I'm sorry I don't make more sense, I guess what I'm saying is that the length and pace of it were both just perfect. I guess there were some mental voodoo changes going on with that soda "Lalala I'm turning into a girl and shaving, lalalala") - but I liked that in the end it was his own choice to down that last bottle and finish the job. I was a bit confused about when the last half of the 5th can was consumed - I didn't notice it happening. That was just a minor detail of little import, though. On the whole it was a very enjoyable read.

Mitchie had the same involuntary start voluntary end kind of thing going on, which again I liked. The story was obviously much longer, and that paid dividends. The characters really got to develop so I got to know them and have an emotional connection with 'em. The ending was so warm and fuzzy that my cat got jealous and left the room, I kid you not. The ending was definitely the best thing about the story, very very solid. Don't get me wrong though, the stuff in the middle was fantastic as well - you can't have a splendid ending without the rest of it being splendid as well. The ending is really just the cherry on top.

Angel Tease was also good, you can never go wrong with a pun! I'd say the best part of this one was the TG, that was very well done. The wake-up and quips from the roomie and dealing with it were good as well. I loved it when she flashed the managed and gave him the tee :twisted: .

The rest were good too, but I'm running out of commenting steam, I might perchance advance the execution of my elocution at a later date lest it be second rate.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Wow. Just wow.

See, normally when I get compliments on my stories, I smile, remind myself I can't write, and move on with my life. But I recall reading your stories, Uber, and it just kind of hits me that someone that writes as well as you thinks so highly of my work. Thank you very much for your praise.

You know, that goes out to all of you in internetland that have replied to this little thread. Thank you for your support. It really does mean quite a bit to me.

And now that you mention it, that story you referred to, the soda one? I think I labeled it under my captions, which would be why there wasn't really a title or reference here. But I guess it's long enough, so here ya go. A link here, a link in the initial post, and a name to go with it.

Free Drinks

Oh, and I would actually post my newest story, but it's not quite finished yet. So if you see me online but not posting very much, you know what I'm up to.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Queen Octavia » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Yeah I kinda figured it would be under captions, but didn't bother to look cuz I thought it deserved better =p.

Have fun writing your new story, and take your time. My best advice for writing is to just not write when you don't feel like writing, that'll just make you burnt out. Write for yourself on your own schedule and you'll have more fun and the writing will be better 8)

Of course this is coming from a person who takes year-long hiatuses, sooooooo, grain of salt maybe just.

In any event, you certainly deserved the praise and I <3 everyone who gives me excellent stories to read!

Mmmm...stories...Nom nom nom!
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:08 pm

The new story is finally done! Holy crap on a stick! Take a gander up at the top, it's called...

Luck be a Rabbit.

Also, here are the links if you're too lazy to just scroll up.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Hmmmm...

Hmmmm...

The writing was good. The plot was so-so, in part because the villain had next to no exposure. Which means that, by the time we reach the part where two certain people confront each other, we're left with no real clue as to who it could be. And considering the other characters, both of major and minor roles, I honestly came up with a blank. None of them seemed to show any sign of being the second person. No hints at all! Instead of surprise or victory, from having a character or two as suspects (and thus trying to guess who it could be), it was like... Oh. I see. It was that character that said that one innocuous thing back in the beginning, who didn't stand out at all. It may just be me, but, because that second person was a complete mystery, it was evident that the one character that we knew well, that had been shown as conspicuous more than once, would be the one to die. Thus, no mystery. Just disappointment. ;/ But, maybe there wasn't supposed to be a mystery. Or, maybe I'm just assuming that mysteries must have suspects.

But, overall, for a short story, it was decent. The images used gave me deja vu, though. O.o

(And this is why I rarely comment on stories. No, not the deja vu: because I'm an idiot, and bad at it! Ha-ha!)
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Creative Corner