Oh noes!

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Oh noes!

Postby The Fungus from Yuggoth » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:51 am

Behold! I am the scourge of the Outer Gods, appointed to chastise you since no one knows the remedy to your inequity except for me! You are wicked, but I am more wicked than you, so be silent and accept your punishment…which should arrive in about two or so weeks in the form of a terribly written ficy!! Yes, that’s right; I’m taking a crack at the writing game as my artistic ability is on scale with that of a brain dead newt, so you can expect my tumor inducing story hopefully within two weeks, depending on how demanding my life gets and if I can get my jumbled thoughts and ideas in some form of cohesive order!

The basic idea is this: the main character (Matthew for now) starts off as a fairly normal disillusioned nineteen year old before he discovers that he is in fact a wizard when his powers awaken and his gender gets changed thanks to a generational curse she inherited (details later kitties!). From there, she gradually is drawn into the occult underground wizards operate in while trying to balance her normal life, learn more about her powers/heritage/the bizarre new world she’s a part off, and try to keep a tumultuous hold on her sanity. Maybe not the most original plot, but I’m a HUGE fan of wizards and urban fantasy so nuts to you!

I’m still working out the fine details of the setting, but you can expect a lot of Lovecraftian elements, low brow humor (my favorite kind :P), and some of my own mad ideas. I’ve never liked how magic is portrayed in most media, so I’ve come up with my own idea: basically, wizards possess a mysterious interconnection in the cosmos that connects and binds all things, above and beyond the natural forces that allows them to manipulate the 5 cosmic Elements of Reality to varying degrees, dependant on the wizards skill with the element and scope of their power.

The Five Cosmic Elements

Anima

The element of Anima holds power over the fundamental energies of the Universe: sound, light, heat, electricity, friction, kinetic force, gravity, shadows, and weather. Anima can, to a limited extent, influence the raw essence of magic, allowing it’s practitioners to counteract, dispel, and effectively ward against any element.

Corona

The Corona entails the manipulation of sentience, capable of probing the minds of others, generating potent illusions, inflicting madness, and controlling the thoughts, memories, actions and emotions of all things that possess a mind.

Effluvium

The mighty Effluvium commands the awesome forces of both Space and Time, allowing powers such as teleportation, seeing into distant areas, levitation, and journeying through the countless dimensions of reality, as well as peering into the past or future and dilating, slowing, stopping and traveling through time.

Quintessence

Quintessence bears lordship over all forms of physical matter, both living and otherwise, allowing those who wield it to heal wounds, induce fantastic transformations in biological beings, sculpt inorganic materials into any shape or state desired, enhance mundane objects, and at it’s highest level of mastery, create life and matter from nothing.

Void

The dread Void possesses providence over the dread forces of death, decay, the living dead, the spiritual and higher realms (and those who dwell within them), chaos, fortune, and the soul.

So, is it a good idea or should I give up now?
Believe in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!

The Fungus from Yuggoth: MSF's friendly misanthrope and optimistic nihilist!

*Adoptive mother of Mendokusee and Sheendo! ^_^*

The Fungus from Yuggoth
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:29 am

In response to your question, I give you a quote from the Governator, Arnold himself:
DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!

And, as a side note:
RUN TO DE CHOPPA!!

What that has to do with anything, I still don't know.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Arkain » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:14 am

Why aren't you doing it yet!?

Arkain, the Patron Saint of People Who Fight Against Being Transformed Instead of Accepting It. Canonized...right about now.
Arkain
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:14 pm

If you don't get going soon I'll unburrow, scuttle towards you, burrow and start doing 22 canister damage. If you don't know what that is - just trust me, it hurts.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby The Fungus from Yuggoth » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:44 pm

<flinches> All right already! I'll get started in a few minutes (porbably have to change the magic system as in retrospect it doesn't work out wif what I got planned)! Avaunt ye derranged shrews!!!
Believe in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!

The Fungus from Yuggoth: MSF's friendly misanthrope and optimistic nihilist!

*Adoptive mother of Mendokusee and Sheendo! ^_^*

The Fungus from Yuggoth
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:46 am

I can't wait to see it finished!
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Creative Corner