A Story From UberLurker!

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby ChaosRagnak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:25 am

I never got as excited as this about a story ever since i found out Elemental change was "dropped" but now i think i found my favorite of all times :D
The way you include urself (the narrator) into the story just makes it so interesting AND funny. When i read your first chapter and went for the second the parts i was looking forward the most were the ones where you include urself :D

the part where you said you paid minimum wages for the wind and refused to pay 20 dollars for the thunder was what made me laugh the most ^_^

Lastly, GO SLOW TRANSFORMATIONS ^_^
They're the best in my oppinion and even more when the character doesn't notice...
ChaosRagnak
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Queen Octavia » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:07 pm

http://www.freewebs.com/uberlurker/dis4.htm

Yarr, chapter four is up! If you like is so far, keep in mind that I'm only planning six chapters. I'm really looking forward to writing the last one though, I think it'll be lots of fun. I'm thinking of the sort of rampant sillyness that I did in chapter one all over again. In the interim I sort of had to tune the resporkulousness down a bit to keep the ball rollin'. This chapter was a bit more forced than the others, but it worked out all right I think. I was like "Oh god how am I going to get this dork to transform now that he's caught on", but then it came to me, the fuku can be my partner in crime! Gwhahaha. I think I need to put it on payroll 8) .

Anyhoo, I <3 comments as always, but honestly though, you've been inflating my ego far too much! I'm off to find someone else's story to read now *Enters seek and destroy mode*.
Last edited by Queen Octavia on Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:29 am

Nice, although a few people will be on strike because you got the transformation over with. If you want "constructive criticism", I suggest more production notes like the popcorn gag or the story starting because the narrator got back from his break. Funny stuff, that.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:15 am

Yeah I'd been thinking about more of that stuff ever since people said they liked it. I might give all six chapter a rewrite once I finish 'em to make them more of a consistant whole. Chapter one was written while I was feelin' real gud and it all just played out well without my needing to think about it. But then I started thinking about what I was trying to get done with the story each chapter instead of just straight up tomfoolery, so the humor level dropped. I've sort of been tryin ta build up ta chapta six. To that end, imma go write chapta five now. Should be done before suppxor.

And in a bizarre twist of fate, my pandora station just chose to play a song entitled "The Following Chapter". Don't worry, folks, from what I hear it's pretty good! :P

Oh yeah - And who said I got the transformation over with? That just because he went through a little TG I won't change him some more? That one little insignificant gender change is enough for one character? Clearly you underestimate the depths of my depravity. The opportunities! I was going to list a whole buncha stuff, but that'd be spoilxorz. Now, you may say, how can a "whole buncha stuff" take place in my two of my ~1600 word chapters? To that I can only respond with *innocent smile*. Seriourly though, he hasn't even formed a magical girl team yet. I clearly established that there was a whole land of these adorable talking fukues.

Chapter five was too weak to stand on its own, and is being absorbed into chapter six. I could drag out the fight more or something, but I like it better as one longer chapter. Still werkin on it. Mainly I just didn't have the same sort of ending to go from ch5-6 as I did with the others (Some sort of attempt at a cliffhanger).
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:57 pm

http://www.freewebs.com/uberlurker/dis5.htm

And that, friends/romans/countrymen, is the story I set out to write, finito. Hope you liked it. I'll admit, chapter 1 was much better than chapters 2,3 & 4. I liked the ending one though.
Last edited by Queen Octavia on Sun May 06, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:06 pm

ummm.....ok.....That was odd.....good but odd.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:14 pm

What mistaken led you into believing I was not odd...?
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby ChaosRagnak » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:13 pm

i gotta agree. this is odd, really odd. Something i never tought would happen O.o;
i still prefer chapter 1 to all the others =S
(we know u were odd but like the jaw record you surpassed urs)
ChaosRagnak
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:04 pm

Gwhahaha, no-one ends stories better than I. Kill the main character? His kids show up for a sequel. Kill the world? You end up with a prequel for the backstory. Kill that narrator? NO CONTINUATION POSSIBLE :twisted: . And the best part is that he was your favorite character :P .

Yes, verily, I am evil.

PS - Don't accuse me of Deus Ex Machina
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:25 pm

Nah, you can get a new narrator easily. They're a buck fifty at Wal-Mart. Funny story, saw the 'twist' coming when you mentioned the plan was a lie. Wonder what's going to happen to Atticus without a villain.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:39 pm

Man, I just reread chapter one and only now does in sink in to me how much it kicked ass. Not in a "I'm such a great writer" way, but in a "The other chapters aren't up to snuff" way. Bah. *Brandishes red pen of humor adding doom*, let's see here...

Okayz, that's my final meaningless adjustment of this stuff. There really ain't much for me to change. Meaningless humor slows down my freighttrain plot too much. I did add in a half handful of comments though. I wouldn't bother rereading it too see them though, you probably wouldn't even notice.
Last edited by Queen Octavia on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby ChaosRagnak » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:36 pm

red pen of humor adding doom? i think i'd need one.Where did you buy yours =3
and if you are remaking them with more humor i'd better prepare myself some "safety mesures" so that i don't fall off my chair and break my neck or something ^^;
ChaosRagnak
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Queen Octavia » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:55 pm

my Sk00l year is almost over = w00txorz.

*Pokes narrator*

I'm no doctor, but by my humble estimate he'll be fine in a couple days, and then I can resume writing stuff.

*Flexes fingers*

After some of those exams though...urge to kill...rising....

Zo wellz!
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Previous

Return to Creative Corner