Love-Love 4/5

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 pm

On small ones, I take it scientifically.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the one where you join up for good is 'canon', much like the Light Side ending in Star Wars: KOTOR...
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:54 pm

It was a good ending but it didn't have Kokoro in it :(

Hopefully she'll appear somewhere. The ending with her transforming you was my favorite, though I would have perfered that he (the guy you play) be given the ability to switch 'genders' at will...
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:49 am

Kokoro is canon, even if she's not in that ending. It's just that she will show up later. ^^;

Technically, depending on how I'm feeling, all three "good" endings are canon and may be extended in the future, even if not in a CYOA format.

The "join the team" most closely follows the overall story arc from the plotting and ideas this was based on (a story that never got written), but I have to admit a partiality to stories where the character shifts from normal guy form to superhero girl form and back at will -- though unfortunately, both of those stories/worlds are still in development and not continued at this time (and, technically, that's a spoiler for the first link... ^^;;; )

By the way, in case it was missed, it is written under a Creative Commons license allowing others to make their own derivatives of it (ie, continue off one of the endings, make a sequel, redo it, or even use the code to do their own CYOA) provided that it's not for commercial purposes, due credit is given, and any derivative/follow-on work follows the same license.

It's not the greatest example of coding in the world, though, so.... *shrugs*
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Queen Octavia » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Sounds good, just so long as you don't do one of those infinite repeating loops like they like once in a Goosebumps CYOA. I lost five years of my life and the better part of my childhood stuck in that! Truth be told I kind of like the idea of the guy/magical girl dual form more interesting. Maybe the girl form finds herself attracted to another person from the team and we have love triangleage. I <3 conflict. I can just imagine a scene where he double books a date with both of them and they keep transforming him back 'n forth.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Azathoth » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:11 pm

Hey, first of all let me say hello since this is the first time I have posted here.

I stumbled across this site while looking for interesting fanfiction to read, and so far it has been a blast. I love the stories here, and might possibly add to them at some point. (I am a natural writer, but laziness has so far kept me from composing anything of interest. Though I hope that will change.)

I just wanted to say that out of all of the stories I have read here so far (and I have managed quite a bit of them by now) I have to say that this one is my favorite.

Even though it is rather short, I have always loved the choose your own adventure books... I find them immersive in a way that other styles just cannot match. Even though some might call it 'childish' I for one see no reason to put down such a fun story just because it is a little different.

I definetly encourage you to either go back and add more branches to the original story, or create something altogether new. And even though it might be difficult... a choose your own adventure story leading from the "Whats my Age Again?" ending would be a fun read if you could pull it off.

But even if this dose not happen, I thank you here for giving me what you have done. It was delight to read... and gave me a sense of participation in the story which was unrivaled.

PS. My first run through it, going from what choices I would do in real life I managed to end at the "Whats my Age Again?" conclusion. I was very amused.
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...
Azathoth
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Thanks. The "What's My Age Again?" ending was actually the last episode written when I finished that one, and the one I /am/ working on continuing into another mbs/cyoa currently (Well, if plotwork and light arcing counts as 'working on'). The challenge is getting the intermediate work done, the movement from that ending to where my arcing begins in school.

That, and also, of keeping the plots so that they can be roughly paralleled by the solo-career "More Than Meets the Eye" and "Boy Meets Girl" endings as well.

And very loosely planned in my head (nothing on paper, or even virtual paper yet) is a mbs/cyoa for a fantasy world with orcs, fae, dwarves and the like as well.

Thanks again for the comments. ^.^

PS. My choices, going by how I would probably actually act, would result in either a quick end at the "Where Have All the Young Girls Gone, Long Time Passing?" ending or getting to the "Boy Meets Girl" happy ending.
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Previous

Return to Creative Corner