Footwear

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

How long do/have your shoes last/lasted? (This applies to your choice of: what you wear now, or the last pair that you wore.)

Poll ended at Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:14 pm

A long, long time!
35%
An acceptable amount of time.
35%
They last as long as I would expect them to.
9%
Not as long as I would like...
13%
Not very long at all! >.<
4%
I call a foul! Because I'm still growing! XD
No votes
For all intents and purposes, this option is here for whatever else. Even more crazy people who have the compulsion to choose the last thing on a list no matter what that list may be. *_*;
4%

Total votes : 23

Footwear

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:14 pm

I have a pair of sneakers (the only stuff for my feet (other than socks, which don't apply here) that I own) that I've owned for six, maybe seven years. I don't use them as much as people normally do (hey, I'm in the house for months at a time), but it's still nice that they have lasted as long as they have. Its only been recently, spending time with the youngsters, that they've finally developed a little tear-hole thing.

So, y'know... It inspired a poll. *Sweatdrop*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Christina Anikari » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:33 pm

I have a pair of hiking boots that have lasted for around six years now and they seem to last plenty fine for the foreseeable future so those at least seems to be able to last for practically forever. They also fulfill the criteria about being the last shoes i wore in that they are the only shoes i wear in the winter.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:41 pm

Depends on the shoes. I have pairs I've had for several years, becuase I hardly ever worn them. But the pairs that I do wear with regularity typically last about six months or so. So it's reasonable, though I'd like it if they lasted longer. It's the support that wears out, and I can't stand feeling like I'm walking on the ground without anything good in between. Probably that's one of the reasons I don't like dress shoes. Along with pointy toes, backs that give me blisters, the preponderance of high heels, and the great amount of difficulty in finding a pair in wide width. :?
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Alyta » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:50 am

Regardless of how long my footwear lasts, it's always going to be listed as 'Not long enough' because they're always expensive to replace. That said, on average shoes and boots last me about 6 months to a year.
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby May-chan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:41 pm

They last me about a year which never seems like enough...
Lookit my art n' stuff >_< !!!
http://maychanlj.deviantart.com/
"No, the other May Chan, the Fort Knox of TG imagery." - Thorn
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/m ... %20Images/
May-chan
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Anamnesis » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm

I buy my shoes cheap, and they seem to last alot longer than any shoes that cost $200 more><.
But, I go outside, climb, and do all sorts of things, and the 'designer' brands never seem to be up for lasting long in these conditions.
Helel: It's not murder if the person is an idiot. <_<
<Helel> Zeiss is a god.
Anamnesis
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:06 am

I've had a pair of New Balance Shoes that have lasted me as long as I've been hanging around MSF... My shoes has lasted me a while ever since my feet stopped growing :P
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Sierra_Rune » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:44 am

Guendolen wrote:...and the great amount of difficulty in finding a pair in wide width. :?

...My kinsman! We are having the same problem! You and I must have been drinking from the same cup! </Group X joke.>
I'm glad to know it's not as rare as I thought...
Sierra_Rune
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Alyta » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:06 am

Sierra_Rune wrote:
Guendolen wrote:...and the great amount of difficulty in finding a pair in wide width. :?

...My kinsman! We are having the same problem! You and I must have been drinking from the same cup! </Group X joke.>

You must be a distant relative ^^ My brothers have the same problem, though I managed to avoid it and only ended up with generically big feet (wich are annoying to get, but not as annoying as big and wide)
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:31 am

Say, does anyone have trouble finding a decent style? Before Christmas I actually got out of the house to go to a Wal-mart, and I eventually ended up looking at shoes... Not a single one appealed to me. -_- I would really like to find another pair like the kind I have now... They're pretty nifty. (To me, anyway.) I think I'll take a photo of them and show them here when I get the chance... Black, grey, silver and blue I like. *_*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:42 am

???? wrote:Say, does anyone have trouble finding a decent style? Before Christmas I actually got out of the house to go to a Wal-mart, and I eventually ended up looking at shoes... Not a single one appealed to me. -_-

Maybe that's because you went to Wal-mart? :P

Seriously: I usually go to places like Shoe Station since their selection is absurd, even if it can be expensive at times.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:19 pm

Oh, trust me, it's not. I usually get my shoes at Easy Spirit; they're one of the more expensive brands, but they also have one of the broadest selections, especially in the width I need. And you can get some good sales, if you look carefully. I'm not always lucky in that regard, though. I was in a wedding last year, and had to go to twelve different places (count 'em- twelve) to find an appropriate pair of dress shoes that fit my wide feet and didn't cost a small fortune. Granted, avoiding stiletto heels and open backs narrowed my prospects greatly, as most styles last year had one or both. :? Heck, in one department store I was having such a hard time I asked a saleslady in exasperation, "Do you have ANY dress shoes in wide width?" Her response: "No, not really...." I guess the shoe industry thinks people with wide feet don't want to wear nice shoes, just like the fashion industry assumes all full-figured women are looking for frumpy old lady clothes. :evil:

Sierra_Rune wrote:

Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Christina Anikari » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:05 pm

I used to be in the wide feet crowd when i was younger but like everything else about me my feet stopped growing early, though early for them was a good deal earlier than it was for the rest of my body. So when i were to make the move from child-sized to adult-sized shoes my problems disappeared and the only thing about my feet that are wide are my big toes, which are quite horribly big and ugly and generally nasty, other than that the only thing about my feet i dislike is the hair, it tends to get stuck which hurts quite a bit and it is ugly to look at.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Since I've been broke I've been forced to buy Wal-Mart shoes since I can't afford much else. With my two hour walks, each pair lasts about a month being reasonably flat, and then for the rest of the next month, the heels are wore down at an angle and rapidly becoming useless.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:59 pm

Sounds like you need to stop dragging your heels, Kuro. XD
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Polls