THE MOST IMPORTANT POLL! IT'S IN ALL CAPS!!!!

What's the poll you want to ask?

a) Something serious.
b) Something awesome.
c) Something silly.

Moderator: Moderators

CHOOSE WISELY!

Poll ended at Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 pm

Long-story caps
73%
Short-to the point caps
27%

Total votes : 11

THE MOST IMPORTANT POLL! IT'S IN ALL CAPS!!!!

Postby Empusa Sesshi » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:44 pm

I was having a discussion with a fellow MSFer over caption types and who likes what. So, not going by picture or anything, what kind of captions do you prefer? The ones that have "long" thought out stories, that generally try to get a point across and are just kinda there with a pic attached. Or the more traditional short cap to go with the image thing?
Yeah so I'm a busty empusa...so what, keep pushin and you're gonna have a pair of bra busters too!

"His voice....fills me with a.....TERRIBLE rage." -Gaz
Empusa Sesshi
MSFer
MSFer

Location: Who knows?! Probly somewhere she's not s'posed ta be though...

Postby Duck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:00 am

It all depends. A good short one can be better than a long one that's poorly done.

It all depends on the author and what not.
Accessories

Shonen Ai Badger Badge
ANCEINT GOLD YAOI MANGA

my comic (not updated in a bit)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Art_table_of_Duck/

My DA account
http://theduckofanime.deviantart.com/
Duck
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:42 am

If only there were more options on the poll. XD

Personally, I prefer a caption to be long enough to delineate from another in the same theme. Because you'll end up with a caption that's basically the same except for the image (though images can easily be multi-used) if some detail either isn't focused on or explained. So that's why I tend to come up with ideas rather than focus on a theme that most everyone else is playing in. But sometimes, when you make a caption, you can find an image where you can sum things up in fewer words because the image makes it easier to express your idea.

So it's either/or for me, since it depends on how you wield the amount of words you use. Though whether to include the really long ones as captions is debatable. ^o^ (I have a caption that's 3100 words long, so, y'know... It's more like a short story. ^_^; )
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Polls